It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Book of Unwritten Tales: Critter Chronicles.

While I can't praise its predecessor enough, this sequel was fairly mediocre. The one voice actor that stood out from the original (in a not so good way) is the main voice in this game. Its half as long, and consists mostly of standard fair, nonsensical "puzzles" that the first game avoided. It also heavily overuses the games sparse locations.

It still has some good humor, nice visuals, etc. But brings enough irritants that it doesn't really stand above the norm like the first one did :(

Probably not a bad game... but after playing the first and comparing to it... very disappointing.
I've highlighted the most prolific game-finishers in the OP (10+ games).
Eric the Unready
Mario Kart 64
16/06/2013: A.R.E.S.: Fun game, though trying to do it without repair kits did cause me to consider ragequitting quite a few times. Not sure if I'll go back to look for the rest of the datacubes.

Full list here
Dotur: ~snip~
Quite informative post, thanks! Out of curiosity, how did you keep track of the time it took to complete all of these games?
Leroux: Quite informative post, thanks! Out of curiosity, how did you keep track of the time it took to complete all of these games?
I'm using the OpenOffice Calc.
It looks like this. (For my defense: It was a weekend and it's a great game ^^)
Attachments:
time.jpg (72 Kb)
Gears of War 3
Good end to the series, enjoyed it.
Leroux: Quite informative post, thanks! Out of curiosity, how did you keep track of the time it took to complete all of these games?
I personnally use the website howlongtobeat.com both as a backlog manager and as a timer.
xa_chan: I personnally use the website howlongtobeat.com both as a backlog manager and as a timer.
How does that work? Do you "sign" in and out every time you start and quit a game? Or did you just mean you use it to compare how long it took other players, so that you get an idea how far you are into the game?
xa_chan: I personnally use the website howlongtobeat.com both as a backlog manager and as a timer.
Leroux: How does that work? Do you "sign" in and out every time you start and quit a game? Or did you just mean you use it to compare how long it took other players, so that you get an idea how far you are into the game?
Well, you register into the website, enter the games you wanna track and then each game has its own page on which there is a timer. You click on start to start the timer, stop to stop it (thank you, captain obvious ! ^_^) and add to add the current time to the time you already registered for that game.

Then you hit backlog (or completed if you just completed the game) and it saves the total time you spent on each game. As it's not integrated to any game or any game client, you have to do each manually each time you launch the game, but it's better than nothing I think!
I finished Medal of Honor: Airborne over the weekend. I can't say much about it more than it was a bog-standard shooter. The game seemed to have more frustrating points than positive ones. One of the biggest problems I had with the game was how it handled the player's death, sometimes it seemed like it simply reloaded to a prior checkpoint and other times it allowed you to parachute back in the map. With this it can seem like you're continuing where you left off, but it actually means you have to go back and clear out the same rooms every single time you die.

Overall the experience wasn't anything special, but somewhat enjoyable though frustrating in some parts.

So far:
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor Allied Assault (Base)
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Finished Cognition: Episode 1 and it was a good point and click adventure game.

It had several problems that I hope were corrected in the next episodes:
- Stiff animations and some weird animation transitions
- Some objects use weren't possible if the creators order of use was not respected (e.g. try to give donuts to someone, no way... you must get to the vending machine, buy something else, give it to him and then give him the donuts after he complains about what you've just give to him)
- Frequent loadings (every time you change screen !!!)

Anyway, nice story and dialogs and even some branching puzzles (different way to solve them depending on what you did earlier).
KOTOR 2, Icewind Dale 1+2, Arx Fatalis
not in order :D

- Bastion (good game) , a tad repetive on the second part of the game however.
- Witcher 1 (again)
- Witcher 2 (again), this time in nightmare mode , the graphical filter added for this mode is kinda annoying (i know there're some workerounds -> but i play as intented despite this.)
- Tomb Raider Underworld (again) just for the story & level), not the treasure hunting (kinda bored with this, this time)
- Eschalon Book I : not a bad game , considering the ressource to make it.
Post edited June 21, 2013 by DyNaer
Botanicula

This game is alot closer in style to samorost 1 and 2 rather then machinarium. I enjoyed both of those games and really liked this one. Its a short game though taking maybe 2 and a half to 3 hours to complete start to finish.