It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Assassins Creed Revelations on 25th Jan

Excellent game in the series, I know it didn't get much love from the reviews but I enjoyed it. Loved seeing what happened to Altair after the events of the first game and it tied up the story of Ezio nicely. Watched Ember on Youtube after finishing it to see what came of Ezio, absolutely stunning ending for an awesome character.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY

Despite the game having a few console conventions such as a few QTEs and a bunch of unlocks, I quite enjoyed this. the gameplay was fun and the story was pretty good.

My full list is here
I, too, finished Botanicula recently. Fantastic little game, very much on the easy side, but worth it just for the awesome, quirky art and animation. Frankly, in this genre, easy is a compliment, since in most such games the difficulty comes from ridiculously illogical "puzzles."

Also finished Ancients of Ooga, Steam version. Lengthy, extremely easy puzzle platformer. Definitely worth playing just for the great mechanics, humor, and charming graphics and story.
Went through and solved all the puzzles in Mario's Picross again. I've done if several times before, but that was years ago. And this time I didn't use any hints at any point.

And I beat Grandia XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Silly name aside, I enjoyed it a bit more than the first game despite the bad vaing and story since it was more gameplay oriented and had a lot more flexibility in mana eggs and skills. And, it was a tiny bit more difficult although unfortunately a good chunk of it comes from level spikes between story segments that reset the dungeons and boost loot/enemy levels encouraging you to go through every dungeon up to that point again before moving on in the story. Or because there's a serious lack of geo gates.

Lastly, finished Gungrave Overdose. I don't mind the repetitiveness or videogameness or feeling like a PS1 game in terms of gameplay, but the controls/camera/lockon are kind of a mess and it took me a while to adapt. And the story sort of flips its shit in the last two chapters (even taking into account that it's about a mobster who got reanimated by a scientist with a fetish for dressing dead guys up like cowboys) and doesn't really have time to develop. There really isn't a whole lot of reason for Grave to be shooting up everything and the bad guys don't have much screen time either, so they awkwardly shoehorned in a bunch of characters/boss fights from the original in to make up for it without really explaining it either.

edit, rather than making a new post: Just finished the Ultimate Doom. I like the simpler fps style here quite a bit. But unfortunately it felt like the developers ran out of steam about halfway into episode 3 since the level design fell off sharply, and episode 4 felt really poorly balanced with the first three levels being the hardest and then the rest of the episode being much easier (with the exception of the end of stage 6). Hopefully Doom 2 is better balanced.
Post edited January 28, 2013 by mrcrispy83
Just finished World in Conflict and its expansion (can't play the latter without the former, actually). I've played WiC before and think it's a brilliant game, but I think it might be starting to show its age. Soviet Assault was unfortunately a disappointment - with only six missions and no new gameplay additions it's just not very interesting. The missins are well-designed enough and the new storyline is interesting, but there is just not enough time to develop the characters properly or set up any new twists to the story. In fact, the way the new missions are interwoven into the old campaign, the pacing is disrupted a bit, and the old campaign already had some problems with that.

Still, I hope Massive will get to actually make another game soon. The standard in storytelling they set in WiC is high enough that most other efforts pale in comparison.
Serious Sam: Double D

Not a bad run-and-gun shooter, with a nice gun stacking gimmick, and funny as well, but don't feel the need to try on harder difficulty level or spend time attacking the challenges.
just finished Sam and Max hit the Road
So far.

Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (100%)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (100%)

I'm quite proud of that last one.
Made it through Medal of Honor Allied Assault Breakthrough. After enjoying the base game, and really liking the first expansion, this one was frustrating. For one, it seemed to be more in the line with the Call of Duty-style game, where the main character is ordered around and sent off to accomplish nearly impossible tasks without any backup. Another gripe was the amazing lack of ammunition in the game. Enemies rarely dropped ammo or health making it difficult to press on especially because enemies seemed to swarm in great numbers. I often ran out of ammo of everything except the pistol. Overall, I did not find this expansion up to the level of the prior one or the original game.

So far:
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor Allied Assault (Base)
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Breakthrough
Finished Sine Mora today. A nice game, but way too short. Plus i'm not big on scoring type of games, so I'm not sure I'll ever replay it...
Torchlight with the Vanquisher and last night with the Alchemist. I am now offically sick of that game. :P
dutchexcalibur: Made it through Medal of Honor Allied Assault Breakthrough. After enjoying the base game, and really liking the first expansion, this one was frustrating. For one, it seemed to be more in the line with the Call of Duty-style game, where the main character is ordered around and sent off to accomplish nearly impossible tasks without any backup. Another gripe was the amazing lack of ammunition in the game. Enemies rarely dropped ammo or health making it difficult to press on especially because enemies seemed to swarm in great numbers. I often ran out of ammo of everything except the pistol. Overall, I did not find this expansion up to the level of the prior one or the original game.

So far:
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor Allied Assault (Base)
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Breakthrough
Amen and no shit...Breakthrough was impossible. Well not impossible, but like you said frustrating. As soon as I saw your list I thought, "Bet he is in a pissy mood now after getting through that thing!"
Post edited January 28, 2013 by tinyE
I just completed Assassin's Creed 3. I thought it was very good game overall but it some rough edges that could have smoothed out in terms of controls.
Well I just completed far cry 2 and Ive got to say not only did I get a nice outcome* but I managed to escape with almost 400 diamonds. I think I might start use my experience to start an african grocery.

* that was quite a nasty surprise but I was already a bit suspect on it.
I just finished Far Cry 3
01-29-13 Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars (GOG)

Games Finished in 2013

/e: With this one I finished exactly 100 games from my collection :)

/e2: I attached image with a list if you are interested!

/e3 - final: From now on I won't post in this topic, I will only update my post with full list :)
Attachments:
list.png (210 Kb)
Post edited February 01, 2013 by makr3la