It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger
Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.²
Zork Nemesis: The Forbidden Lands
Emperor: Battle for Dune
Descent: FreeSpace - The Great War
Descent: Freespace - Silent Threat
HyperBlade
Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun - Firestorm
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge
Shogun: Total War
Empire Earth: The Art of Conquest
Warhammer: Dark Omen
Shogun: Total War - The Mongol Invasion
Saints Row: The Third
Psychonauts
The Godfather: The Game
Cold Fear
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Halo 2
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2: Overlord
Mass Effect 2: Arrival
Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3: From Ashes
Mass Effect 3: Leviathan
Mass Effect 3: Omega
Mass Effect 3: Citadel
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 - Operation: Anchorage
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta
Fallout 3: The Pitt
Fallout 3: Point Lookout
Fallout 3: Broken Steel
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Beyond Good & Evil
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Divine Divinity
Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and The Time Rippers
Space Quest V: Roger Wilco – The Next Mutation
Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco in The Spinal Frontier
MechCommander
MechCommander: Desperate Measures
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
Post edited December 31, 2013 by thebream
Completed Angry Birds. While I unlocked everything back in October last year, I finally got three stars in all the levels and all the eggs, so I think I can say it's now done.

Full list here.
Finished Cognition Episode 2.

A nice crime adventure! Not too long as it was only one episode. Like episode 1 not a standout in technical aspects, but good story and pacing made it fun to play. The music was very good and complemented the game well. Overall a good game and probably the best episodic game I've ever played! However, until the rest of the episodes are out it is hard to really judge the game.

Complete list: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post132
Post edited February 03, 2013 by K_1269
5. Deathspank- 360; 2/3/2013 8/10: I got the game on sale & really rather liked it (which is odd as I am typically not the kind of person who plays these C-RPGesque kind of games *minus the 2004 Bard's Tale, which I loved*). I bought it thinking that it would be funny, but the only funny thing about this is that I couldn't tell you hardly anything that happened. Once I discovered the skip dialogue button, I had an impulse to constantly skip the dialogue (which is not completely unfounded as it stemmed from one particularly boring dialogue tree). Maybe this game is hilarious & I didn't give the dialogue enough of a chance, but its still a solid game.

Full List
Post edited April 20, 2013 by Roberttitus
JMich: Full list here
02/02/2013: Mark of the Ninja Lovely game, interesting style, decent story. Normal game end leaves some questions left unanswered, not sure if that's resolved in New Game Plus. May return to it later on.
I just finished Mark of the Ninja as well :D

I have to say that the last couple of levels just made me sad as I couldn't really use too many stealth options anymore due to those super ninja with the night goggles and that green aura surrounding them.

Great game and I highly recommend it :D.
According to my Backlog, the only two games I have beaten thus far this year are:

1. Saints Row: The Third
2. Teen Agent

Here's to another lousy decade...lol.
Austrobogulator:
Excuse me, it appears I must have reached a character limit on my list on page 2. I tried to add another review, but the forum ate the whole thing. Then I edited again and added just a few characters, and those got added just fine.

I wouldn't want to make room for new titles by removing the reviews, so would it be okay if I started a new list for all the games finished in February? And again a new one in March (if it looks like I'm going to be finishing games at the same fast pace I did in January)

It's up to you if you want to add my 2nd list on the first post (such as, DProject, #2). You don't have to, I'll be adding a link in the "official", first reserved post in either case. Anyway, would this arrangement be OK?
Austrobogulator:
DProject: Excuse me, it appears I must have reached a character limit on my list on page 2. I tried to add another review, but the forum ate the whole thing. Then I edited again and added just a few characters, and those got added just fine.

I wouldn't want to make room for new titles by removing the reviews, so would it be okay if I started a new list for all the games finished in February? And again a new one in March (if it looks like I'm going to be finishing games at the same fast pace I did in January)

It's up to you if you want to add my 2nd list on the first post (such as, DProject, #2). You don't have to, I'll be adding a link in the "official", first reserved post in either case. Anyway, would this arrangement be OK?
I'd rather not; my goal is to keep the first page nice and clean - whilst avoiding the character limit myself. Also, I want to avoid having to meticulously keep track of 100+ people's lists. However, I'll make an exception here, since you did ask nicely :o

Just make sure you point me in the direction of the posts you want me to add to the first page.
DProject: Excuse me, it appears I must have reached a character limit on my list on page 2. I tried to add another review, but the forum ate the whole thing. Then I edited again and added just a few characters, and those got added just fine.

Austrobogulator: I'd rather not; my goal is to keep the first page nice and clean - whilst avoiding the character limit myself. Also, I want to avoid having to meticulously keep track of 100+ people's lists. However, I'll make an exception here, since you did ask nicely :o

Just make sure you point me in the direction of the posts you want me to add to the first page.
Well, that is very understandable and you articulated it very well. So how about this: you don't have to add another one of my lists in the first page; instead, I'll make a new list and just add a link to the second (the new one) list on my first post myself. That way the first post in the thread (your post) will be kept clean, while people can still track my progress by following the links on my other lists (assuming there are any who are interested in reading them). I was mostly concerned, if it was OK by you to have more than one list anyway, and you've told me that's fine. Besides, if I'm keeping my current pace (10+ games finished every month, haha), then by December there would probably be DProject #1-12 in the first post :D I don't think I want that either.
This list has all the games I've finished in February. For the January list, go here.

Feb 3rd: Lucius. Oh man, the game has so much wasted potential! Had it been a Hitman-style game with truly free action, it could've been great. Instead, the game was essentially a puzzle adventure, where you pick up all kinds of objects and there's always only one, predetermined way to kill a current target. This was made harder by the fact that quite often I wasn't given enough hints as to where I should go or what I should do. I guess I was supposed to roam around the mansion just looking for stuff in case I randomly pick up something vital, and that's not very good designing. Also, about the mansion: there were this plaques next to every door, indicating what room it is. I understand they're there to help the player, but seriously: what mansion-owners are so absent-minded, they can't remember which room is which if there are no plaques to indicate them? Besides, Lucius had a map: why couldn't the info be there, instead? The inventory management was also pretty weird: why couldn't I simply point at an object with the mouse and click to select it? Animation and lip synch were also of poor quality. Well, final verdict: I guess the game was alright even as it is, it's just that it could've been so, so much better. Oh, and the ending completely sucks. The final chapter felt incredibly rushed and the game kinda just ends all of a sudden. Can't really recommend this game.

Feb 4th: The Last Express. I don't know...I have strongly mixed feelings about this one. I really liked the setting: a murder mystery on a train in the early 1900s. On the other hand, the game had many little things that irritated me from the get-go. Why was the animation really smooth and life-like in one scene, but jerky as fuck in the next? Why wasn't the game in full full-screen, but instead had these really big borders on the sides? Why couldn't there be an option to have subtitles for spoken English too? Only German, Russian and French were subtitled. As a non-native English speaker, it was very easy to miss (or forget) key dialogs. The game also expects the player to know at all times what he should be doing, when to do it, and not ask any questions as to why to do it. For example, after I had got on board the train, I went to find my friend and changed clothes. That is pretty self-explanatory. But then the next step is to go talk to a German fellow on the dining car...why? Bear in mind, my character doesn't know any of the people on board. What's the motive to go talk to a man my character doesn't know? Also, as with Waxworks, it's possible to make the game unwinnable if the player misses certain key items. In the worst case scenario, the player will have to roll back A LOT. To recap: setting A+, the game design in overall...leaves a lot to be desired.

Feb 7th: Closure. I really liked this game! Definitely my favorite out of the Humble Indie Bundle 7 First Tier games. Creepy atmosphere, really good music, clever and challenging but not too hard puzzles, and a great visual style. The physics glitched occasionally, but other than that, a really great experience. There is no reason not to play this if you got the HiB7 bundle. Not much else to say about this one.

Feb 9th: Zombies. I understand it's a joke game, so I won't be too harsh on it. The graphics resembled something that could've been on an Atari machine in the 80's, AI was bad (friendlies were nothing but on the way and kept getting killed; glad they tossed the idea of gathering survivors after about halfway through), most of the weapons after getting a shotgun were useless, and boss fights were annoying because the bosses would often go "hide" in an invisible corner and a wall would be on the way. And the game was only about an hour long. Still, it was an okay game - perhaps a bit Postal-esque, and a nice stress reliever (I've always wanted to wreck an office!) Despite the flaws, shooting zombies was still pretty fun. Plus I got the game for free, so can't complain. The sandwich level was whack, but overall I appreciated the humor in the game too, while it wasn't laugh-out-loud worthy. Overall, a decent game.

Feb 16th: Mass Effect 3. I must admit I didn't remember much of what had happened in the story so far when I began playing, but this third game did a good job getting me back on track of the past events early on. There were some things I didn't like in the game; for example, how the journal constantly updated itself while I was on the Citadel and Shepard "accidentally overheard" private conversations which launched new quests. I would've rather initiate them myself, especially since all of them were basically improvised fetch quests (jump to another nebula, scan for resources, launch a probe on a planet, return). Nevertheless, I finished every side quest I could find, so I guess it's safe to say the game was pretty addicting. I still think that ME1 was the best in the series, but the Gears of War -style action, improved customization options, interesting story about the battle against Reapers, and characters I really liked and grew into, still made the game certainly worth playing. I would definitely say this was a really good game and a really good series.

Feb 18th: Scribblenauts Unlimited. This was a fun puzzle game. Most of the puzzles were stupid easy, sometimes repetitive too, but with a bit of imagination they could be made more interesting (for example: a grandma forgot to put a birthday gift in the box - I was tasked to come up with the gift. Some would conjure a toy; I conjured a spider that scared the shit out of the birthday girl). The game also wasn't very picky about solutions; once I was tasked to embellish an ancient city - I tried to conjure a Statue Of Liberty, but the game didn't recognize the words and instead suggested, among others, a "statued liberal" which worked just as fine. The game wasn't very long, but because of the mildly repetitive nature that's probably not a bad thing. I plowed through the game very quickly, but I would definitely say the game would work best in very small doses. I've played the earlier DS titles a bit, and the mission structure was a lot more interesting here (help people instead of just finding a way to the open Starite). Good game, especially for kids to help them develop their imagination.

Feb 18th: Puzzle Agent 2. Damn, I've played a lot of puzzle games lately. The story in the game was pretty crappy, but that's alright, because I was in it only for the individual puzzles alone anyway. And it's a good thing I was, because the second game did a really poor job of reminding me what had happened in the storyline in the previous game. That's really bad, because the second game isn't just a sequel, in the traditional sense of the word; it continues directly from where the first game ended. I gotta say though: although I played the second game only for the puzzles, I think they were a lot better and more varied in the first game. This one had too many boring space-themed puzzles, and math puzzles (I HATE those!), and some puzzles were ridiculously easy, whereas some were borderline impossible without external help or the use of in-game hints (the Monosaki puzzles were the worst: the first one expects me to remember the first nine digits of Pi, while the other one....let's just say it's ridiculous. I think no-one could solve it without an open view to a calendar at all times and a sudden thought of "what if"). I also hated that there were a few puzzles, that could be completed only later on in the game, and I even experienced a glitch during these, twice: I went back to look at the puzzle instructions when suddenly a cutscene would start playing in the background, but the instruction screen was blocking the cutscene. One more thing: the game has bonus puzzles after you've completed the game. Yeah, a whole two more puzzles. Which have an identical pattern to them. The first one had at least a dozen extra puzzles. Final verdict: when compared to the first game, this one failed hard on every level. The music was pretty nice though, especially in the space scene with the floating gnome people.

The March list is here.
Post edited March 01, 2013 by DProject
Austrobogulator: I'd rather not; my goal is to keep the first page nice and clean - whilst avoiding the character limit myself. Also, I want to avoid having to meticulously keep track of 100+ people's lists. However, I'll make an exception here, since you did ask nicely :o

DProject: Well, that is very understandable and you articulated it very well. So how about this: you don't have to add another one of my lists in the first page; instead, I'll make a new list and just add a link to the second (the new one) list on my first post myself. That way the first post in the thread (your post) will be kept clean, while people can still track my progress by following the links on my other lists (assuming there are any who are interested in reading them). I was mostly concerned, if it was OK by you to have more than one list anyway, and you've told me that's fine. Besides, if I'm keeping my current pace (10+ games finished every month, haha), then by December there would probably be DProject #1-12 in the first post :D I don't think I want that either.
Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was hoping people would do if they needed to use more posts. Also, I like reading people's lists and reviews, I find it interesting -especially people like you that write mini reviews. I really wish I had it in me to sum up how I felt about a game after beating it; I never end up getting around to writing anything, so I just stick to a list =(

Heh, I'm also on the track of about 10 per month; and I just know that somehow I'll still have a huge backlog by the end of the year :P
Defender's Quest

It essentially is a tower defense game with additional gameplay elements that help add some depth and are successfuly implemented into a well polished, but not perfect whole. To best describe it - imagine the game that has a more than less generic tower defense core with a solid, continuous story taking place between the individual battles (you travel across the landscape much like in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, on straight lines connecting places of interest), RPG party-building and some neat extras to extend the overall gameplay time.

The story is okay, with a felicitous humorous undertone, but an occasional soapy moment as well. It is reminiscent, but in my opinion better, to that of Fire Emblem games for Game Boy Advance.
RPG elements extend to allocating points and increasing the skills of your defenders when they gain enough experience to level up after battles.
Graphics are solid. Clean, simplistic and effective. In some (not bad) ways reminiscent to the games of NES and SNES era.
Music is good; sound effects very basic. The sound the healers make when casting spells is annoying.

As far as battles are concerned, it had all already been seen in so many games of the genre before. Bashing row after row of mindless monsters following their predetermined pathways. To say the gameplay has any significant depth to it would be two mouthfuls.

But it can be fun. To an extent. Each battle has 4 difficulty levels; from very easy to extreme. To progress to the next scene and next bit of story, you have to finish each of the battles on at least easiest difficulty. Which is very positive; if one prefers to play for the storyline part, the game can be finished more than less effortlessly in presumably a few hours. There are 2 possible endings.

If one aims at 100% completion, the gameplay time extends to a few dozen hours. I have finished all challenges and ended the game with all 90 stars (you are given one star per successful challenge) after 41 hours in total.
It does get somewhat repetitive. To an extent, the story and occasional special challenges help break the monotonousness; like the super sheep [;)], the boss fights and bonus stages, which unlock after certain conditions are met and if successfully completed yield additional abilities to Azra, the protagonist of Defender's Quest.

So there's quite plenty to do. If you feel that it is becoming difficult to progress onto the next stage, you can simply redo past challenges to help level up your defenders and come back to the problematic point later.

Last but not least, it seems that developers are also planning future expansions.

All in all, a lovely attempt at what I think is an unimpressive genre. I had a strong sense of déjà vu when playing Defender's Quest; probably because of the many familiar elements that compose it.

_____
Overall rating: 80%.
Attachments:
dq_sheep.png (265 Kb)
Post edited February 04, 2013 by Densetsu
Finished The Experiment (in French, Experience 112. It was a nice adventure game... the first hour. Then it became obvious the revolutionary controls were too clunky and annoying. Also, the main characters walk slower than anything I've seen before.

The only thing that kept be playing it was the story.
iBomber Attack

Not very good, not particularly bad, just ... ok. Somewhat boring actually, especially in the beginning levels. In-game music would have been welcome, but it's missing for whatever reason. And why the name when you control a tank and there aren't even any bombers to fight?
Bioshock... still awesome, though the end still sucks.