It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Had some extra time today, so I managed to power through the rest of Max Payne. Having only played Remedy's Alan Wake games, it was interesting to experience one of their first games. The use of the graphic novel form for the cutscenes helped capture the feel of the story and setting more so than regular cinematics would have done. The gunplay felt satisfying, though I did have to enable auto-aim - the crosshair disappeared occasionally. Like Alan Wake, I thought the story was better than most other games. The characters felt real, because they were not perfect.

So far:
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor Allied Assault (Base)
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Breakthrough
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
World in Conflict: Complete
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Medal of Honor: Airborne
System Shock 2
Mass Effect 1
Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect 2
Crysis
N v2.0
Mass Effect 3
Stronghold HD
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault of Dark Athena
Crysis 2
Carmegeddon
Max Payne
Thanks to Backloggery, I keep a list of games I beat each year.
2013:

Nancy The Happy Whore
NHL 13
Far Cry 3
Driver: San Francisco
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fahrenheit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Asura's Wrath
Anarchy Reigns
Angry Birds: Star Wars
Madden NFL 13
Lollipop Chainsaw
The Room
Madden NFL 10
EPOCH
Luna Bears
Mutant Mudds
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
System Shock 2
Anomaly: Korea
To The Moon
Tomena Sanner
Rochard
iOOTP Baseball 2013
Q.U.B.E.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Little Inferno
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode One
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode Two
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode Three
Kingdom Rush
Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack!
New Super Mario Bros. U
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Dead Island
Mortal Kombat
League of Evil
Papers, Please
League of Evil 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Magic 2014
Persona 4: Golden
Catherine
Grand Theft Auto V
Killer is Dead
The Last of Us
Beyond: Two Souls
The Cat Lady
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Tomb Raider
Thomas Was Alone
Rarehunter_idol: Thanks to Backloggery, I keep a list of games I beat each year.
2013:

Nancy The Happy Whore
NHL 13
Far Cry 3
Driver: San Francisco
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fahrenheit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Asura's Wrath
Anarchy Reigns
Angry Birds: Star Wars
Madden NFL 13
Lollipop Chainsaw
The Room
Madden NFL 10
EPOCH
Luna Bears
Mutant Mudds
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
System Shock 2
Anomaly: Korea
To The Moon
Tomena Sanner
Rochard
iOOTP Baseball 2013
Q.U.B.E.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Little Inferno
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode One
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode Two
Hector: Badge of Carnage - Episode Three
Kingdom Rush
Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack!
New Super Mario Bros. U
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Dead Island
Mortal Kombat
League of Evil
Papers, Please
League of Evil 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Magic 2014
Persona 4: Golden
Catherine
Grand Theft Auto V
Killer is Dead
The Last of Us
Beyond: Two Souls
The Cat Lady
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Tomb Raider
Thomas Was Alone
How did you beat NHL 13? Or rather, how do you define when that game is beaten?
I'm occasionally playing NHL 11 every now and then: currently, I'm on my third season in BAP mode (contract about to expire with the Canadiens): we won the Stanley Cup on my 2nd year, but I'm wondering if I can say I beat the game until my guy retires? And that probably takes like 20 seasons... Not saying that your definition is wrong: everyone probably just has a different view.
DProject: How did you beat NHL 13? Or rather, how do you define when that game is beaten?
I'm occasionally playing NHL 11 every now and then: currently, I'm on my third season in BAP mode (contract about to expire with the Canadiens): we won the Stanley Cup on my 2nd year, but I'm wondering if I can say I beat the game until my guy retires? And that probably takes like 20 seasons... Not saying that your definition is wrong: everyone probably just has a different view.
It's just how I defined it for my Backloggery account. I've since turned to making my sports game "null" (as in, can't be beaten), but at that time I had defined my sports games as winning it all. Not the best, but that was my own personal reasoning for it at the time.

Having said that, I like to be consistent, so I didn't remove it from my list.
Just finished Primordia yesterday. Damn, I haven't had this much fun in an adventure in a looooong time. If you're on the fence about getting it, well, it's worth every penny and then some :)

The dialogues are intelligent, the puzzles logical, and the overall mood is just WOW.

I can't recommend the game enough :D
Just now, I've beaten RAGE in cheapskate mode (beat campaign during Steam free weekend).
Interesting cross between Fallout 3 and Borderlands. Also, proof that my shiny new laptop can handle new-ish games flawlessly. I'm not sure if it would be worth full price, but at 75% off, it sure is worth the money.
JudasIscariot: Just finished Primordia yesterday. Damn, I haven't had this much fun in an adventure in a looooong time. If you're on the fence about getting it, well, it's worth every penny and then some :)

The dialogues are intelligent, the puzzles logical, and the overall mood is just WOW.

I can't recommend the game enough :D
You took your time
Here are some more games I've finished in November. The original post was starting to become too long, and therefor eat my text. The rest of the November list is here.

November 25th: Satazius. A simple Gradius-style bullet hell shmup. Don't go in expecting a grand storyline: there is none. It's very basic - shoot stuff in closed spaces. There were all sorts of unlockable weapons, but I stuck to the ones available from the start: why change a winning combination. The game was pretty short, it must've taken me less than an hour to finish it on Normal difficulty. An okay game when you've got nothing else to do, but hardly something that would stick with me for ages to come.

November 28th: Shelter. I'm a terrible mommy. I had already lost three of my five cubs very early (one on the first stage and two on the second). But I mostly blame the game itself for two of the casualties! I didn't know that some unseen entity would snatch the cubs if they weren't around my aura of light at all times. Plus, the game briefly gave me my running ability back, before taking it away just seconds later, so how was I supposed to know! Oh well. I have very mixed feelings about this game. Before I even got to the game, I had issues with it because the sliders that adjust the volume, seemed to not work at all, or very randomly. The game was also very, very short: only about 45 minutes. Also, I don't think winning the game is even possible so what's the point of gathering carrots, apples, frogs, etc. for the cubs since they're just going to die anyway sooner or later. That said, I think the ending was pretty bittersweet, and though it seemed unfair briefly, I got the message it was trying to tell: we're all mothers, only trying to take care of our own. And I really liked that. Also, the music was quite suiting throughout the game. Looking at the game screenshots before playing, I was pretty sure I would hate the graphic style, but I guess it was alright in action. Anyway, the initial asking price (10 dollars) is in my opinion far too high, but if you can get this game for a dollar, I guess it's worth a try.

The December list is here.
Post edited December 05, 2013 by DProject
I only finished a few games this year - so far:

Gothic
Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven
Planescape: Torment
Deus Ex
Plants vs. Zombies (for the 100th time or so...)

All great games and i had a blast playing through each of it. I also need to finish Zanzarah, i started playing this around christmas last year... :D
7 Wonders II

Not sure why I decided to play it, maybe as a break between "hardcore" games.... Relaxing little match-3 puzzler, nothing very innovative. Overall I preferred Tidalis. Missed the bonus (chapter?) by 1 map piece, but not planning to spend time trying again from the beginning.
I gave Star Wars Jedi Knight ht Mysteries of the SIth another try, it was still glitchy but i was able to finish the game this time, i also finished Star Wars Dark Forces.
megarock58: I gave Star Wars Jedi Knight ht Mysteries of the SIth another try, it was still glitchy but i was able to finish the game this time, i also finished Star Wars Dark Forces.
Have you played any others in the series? Jedi Academy is my personal fave if for no other reason than the 'train' level.
megarock58: I gave Star Wars Jedi Knight ht Mysteries of the SIth another try, it was still glitchy but i was able to finish the game this time, i also finished Star Wars Dark Forces.
tinyE: Have you played any others in the series? Jedi Academy is my personal fave if for no other reason than the 'train' level.
I also played Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 last year [ and i really enjoyed it], i started Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, but i have not been able to finish them yet, i might someday.
Post edited November 25, 2013 by megarock58
tinyE: Have you played any others in the series? Jedi Academy is my personal fave if for no other reason than the 'train' level.
megarock58: I also played Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 last year [ and i really enjoyed it], i started Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, but i have not been able to finish them yet, i might someday.
I could never get used to the lightsaber combat in Jedi Outcast. Funny thing, I remember kicking ass in the demo when it came out, but the full game which I only played for the first time 3 or so years ago - every single jedi fight I got through on plain luck & quickloads.
Just completed Two Worlds II. Good game, but sort of falls apart at the end.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post1161
Post edited November 25, 2013 by IShoot4lolz