It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DLC Quest. Still missing 3 achievements.

full list
Post edited September 04, 2013 by arr0whead
Just completed FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage (the XBox 360 era HD remake of FlatOut 2) (all race series gold, including grand finals, at least some medal in everything else, didn't get all golds and cheevs but I don't think I'm physically capable)
FlatOut was very good, in a slightly low production quality way and BurnOut Paradise is pretty special, although it can feel like a grind and the constant slow mo's can get a little old so I think FlatOut: UC is the best knock about racer I've ever played, its just amazing! There nits I could pick like the difficulty curve is a little odd - I breezed the grand finals once I worked out to buy Frank Malcov's car for the derbies while the hardest race series was the one where you only had 1 lap to go from 12th to 1st
Also getting a bronze on the time trials was a real challenge for me and anything more seems like witchcraft!
(although maybe you have to use the cars you unlock by getting gold in Carnage mode, but that's witchcraft too!)
But yeah, awesome mix of crashing, vehicular murder and racing, much better than the Carmaggedon series ever did because the racing matters and the physics engine isn't from the moon!
Besides what other racer series lets you do bonus stunt modes where you fire your driver out of the window and guide him through rings of fire, play darts with him as the dart etc.
If you want the achievements and world leaderboards play it now before they switch (the purely optional to use) GFWL off! (although you probably don't knowing you lot!)
Shame someone else other than Bugbear did number 3 and apparently made a cock up of it, BugBear are, apparently working on something new to race with though! 'Cited!

FULL LIST
Post edited September 04, 2013 by Fever_Discordia
I beat Mirror's Edge over the weekend. It's an interesting game, and I guess it does first-person platforming as well as has ever been done, but I also feel that it nicely illustrates why that style of gameplay is inherently inferior to third-person platforming. The controls are quite finicky as there were a few times in the game in which I knew exactly what I had to do but failed over and over in actually executing the moves, and the first person view in games doesn't immerse you into your surroundings as much as a real person would feel because in real life you have greater peripheral vision in addition to your other senses, which causes some frustration in a game that's all about being keenly aware of your surroundings.

It's a nice-looking game, though, and I had fun with it. It ended just about at the point at which I was ready for it to be over.
Some Spoilers:

So I finished Ittle Dew (different item playthroughs as well as the Master Dungeon).

At first glance it looks like a shoddy Zelda clone, but it's actually fun to play and kept itself interesting throughout. It was short (you can beat it in about 2-3 hours or shorter if you speedrun it), but it had a lot of replay value due to the fact that you can run through the game with different item loads (Fire+Portal, Portal+Ice, etc.) and encourages speed running (since the game is pretty short and has a timer option). The dungeons really weren't that great, but had two means of getting to the end of them and had some interesting puzzles...so there's that. Speaking of puzzles, some of them were really creative (but some of them went to the point where I got really lost and had to see how they were done, mostly in the Master Dungeon rooms). I really liked the art style (reminded me of Wind Waker), it was simple and looked nice. I thought the humor was fine for the most part, not great but had its moments. I definitely recommend it if you like the older 2D Zelda games.
Post edited September 07, 2013 by RayRay13000
06/09/2013: Ittle Dew: Fun little game, aimed at younger audiences. Short and sweet, though it probably has a bit more depth in it if you decide to go looking.

Full list here
Just finished Mini Motor Racing EVO. Hmm, can't say I didn't enjoy the game (after all, I spent more than 30 hours playing it :D), but there are many, many annoying things which should be fixed to make it more enjoyable - some nasty bugs (although at first I told te_lanus, that I didn't encounter any bugs, sadly it's not true :/), stupid and cheating A.I., upgrades cost too much (and after you win you'll get very liitle as a prize so you must do some serious grinding in order to buy those upgrades :I), there are many races, but only few tracks, so the game is very repetitive once you unlock all the tracks and so on. So for me - 6/10.

Oh, and I got all the achievements (as usually :p), although getting last 2 was really pain in the *ss.
Post edited September 06, 2013 by triock
Just finished Full Throttle. First saw it when my cousin was playing it when I was a kid and now I finally got a copy so I could try it out. What a great game.
The Walking Dead - 400 Days DLC

A very good DLC, nice atmosphere, nice new characters and good storyline. It remind me how much TWD is great !
SiN Episodes: Emergence (8th September 12:15)

It was a solid FPSer. I liked SiN but this one was just solid. I can wait for the sequel
mrking58: SiN Episodes: Emergence (8th September 12:15)

It was a solid FPSer. I liked SiN but this one was just solid. I can wait for the sequel
Yeah..... you might be waiting quite a while for that, the studio was sold off to a company that makes casual games and they have no interest in continuing the SiN franchise AFAIK, sadly
Also the first game is no longer available on Steam...
mrking58: SiN Episodes: Emergence (8th September 12:15)

Fever_Discordia: Yeah..... you might be waiting quite a while for that, the studio was sold off to a company that makes casual games and they have no interest in continuing the SiN franchise AFAIK, sadly
What!?! So I will be waiting for a lot longer then I planned? Saying that I bought the SIn package a few years ago soI have played the first one
Fever_Discordia: Yeah..... you might be waiting quite a while for that, the studio was sold off to a company that makes casual games and they have no interest in continuing the SiN franchise AFAIK, sadly
mrking58: What!?! So I will be waiting for a lot longer then I planned? Saying that I bought the SIn package a few years ago soI have played the first one
Yeah, they casual game company is called MumboJumbo and they had planned 8 more episodes - sad!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritual_Entertainment
Just beat Treasure Adventure Game.

For a freeware game, it was surprisingly lengthy, had good sound/aesthetics, and was pretty enjoyable most of the way through. Only problems though, are that the story/story-telling was mediocre, and for me, the it just fell-apart for me near the end: The game felt like it was over-staying its welcome, it got kind of tedious sailing around, and the level/boss designs weren't fun to play through - I just wanted the game to be over already.

So, I'd say I liked my 80 - 90% of my time with the game, but the last bits of it really soured the whole experience for me. However, it's still an easily-recommendable Metroidvania to me, and you can't argue with the price of free.
I finished up Book of Unwritten Tales and the game absolutely blew me away in every regard. The humor was the best part of it for sure, however the pre-rendered backgrounds were beautiful, the characters were also rendered brilliantly and the animations were spot on. The voice acting was A-list quality. The puzzles were intuitive and very fun. My favorite point-and-click adventure this side of the millennium so far.

Full List
Post edited September 09, 2013 by vulchor
Juste finished Borderlands 2 (the base game) in a little more than 50 hours...

Whew! What a game! Full of mindless violence, twisted and insane humor... Now that's my type of game ! :D

Two small grips, still:
- the loot: guys, too much loot kills the loot. That's only my opinion, but there was too many useless variations of each weapon. Sometimes, i stopped caring about what enemies dropped...
- the climax scenes: the first one (won't say which) is scenaristically not good, because after that it's a little difficult to go back to "normal" missions. The second one (the end boss) is gameplaywise not good, because I managed to kill it on my first try without being hit a single time. So that's definitely a flaw in that precise level design...

But that won't prevent me to play the 4 DLCs I've bought (but Mr Torgue's might be the one I care the less about, never been a real fan of the arena battles... I didn't complete the Madd Moxi Underdome in Borderlands 1...)

So far in 2013: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31