It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

King's Bounty The Legend
Lvl 28, 91 quests completed, fast paced at the end leaving experience behind
great game :)
Attachments:
kbcombat.jpg (378 Kb)
Post edited August 22, 2013 by darkplanetar
Not exactly completed but I finally gave up on Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, and Dragon Age: Awakenings.

DA2 and Awakenings should be self explanatory; ME3 I just couldn't invest the time into it knowing from spoilers that the ending is going to blow chunks.

I have lost my faith in BioWare, and will stick to their classic games from now on.
Schnuff: The Chosen Well of Souls
Seeing that it's part of the Groupees bundle right now, I'd be very interested to know how you liked it. And how long, do you think, did it take you to play through it? Is the gameplay essentially the same all the time or does it get more interesting later on, when your skills have improved (e.g. does that give you more choices on how to play or is the only difference in your power level, but essentially nothing changes and you just keep hacking or firing away with similar weapons and spells as in the beginning)?
Post edited August 22, 2013 by Leroux
dirtyharry50: How is it decidedly not for everyone? I am curious as I've wish listed it but maybe there are things about it I wouldn't like? I haven't really found much yet in the way of detailed reviews of the game.
Austrobogulator: It's very minimalist in terms of gameplay. I think if you're open-minded, and interested in playing a game that's just about exploration, then I think you'll like this. If you are the kind of person that's fine with just interacting with items and gradually discovering a story, then you should avoid reviews. This is a game where the less you know beforehand, the better.
I'm gonna pick this one up as soon as I have the money. Seems right up my alley.
Schnuff: The Chosen Well of Souls
Leroux: Seeing that it's part of the Groupees bundle right now, I'd be very interested to know how you liked it. And how long, do you think, did it take you to play through it? Is the gameplay essentially the same all the time or does it get more interesting later on, when your skills have improved (e.g. does that give you more choices on how to play or is the only difference in your power level, but essentially nothing changes and you just keep hacking or firing away with similar weapons and spells as in the beginning)?
The only difference is that the background and the monster changes. In a nutshell all the game is about finding enough
money that you can repair your equipment and use your cauldron for leveling them up. The unique items are only good
for selling cause you can't enchant them. Magic user and ranged weapons are little fun but because of the aiming have a big disadvantage. The merrily wandering around monster are a pain if you gain for the extra point in killing all enemies.
Healing your company is far to expensive (on the other side the "b" button is your constant friend).
I have played the game for around 10 hours i guess, but you could finish it in less than the halve.
Yes the graphics are nice but i was happy after finishing it and than deinstalled it.
ATM i am playing Battlepaths and thats far more fun.
Some minutes ago I finished Red Faction: Armageddon. I'm have mixed feelings about this one. I can't point my finger at what exactly I didn't like (besides the obvious falling through destructible platforms) but it felt like bastard brother of Mass Effect. I' not sure how much did I miss due to the fact I didn't play previous games though.

Full list this way, in case someone is interested.
Leroux: Seeing that it's part of the Groupees bundle right now, I'd be very interested to know how you liked it. And how long, do you think, did it take you to play through it? Is the gameplay essentially the same all the time or does it get more interesting later on, when your skills have improved (e.g. does that give you more choices on how to play or is the only difference in your power level, but essentially nothing changes and you just keep hacking or firing away with similar weapons and spells as in the beginning)?
Schnuff: The only difference is that the background and the monster changes. In a nutshell all the game is about finding enough
money that you can repair your equipment and use your cauldron for leveling them up. The unique items are only good
for selling cause you can't enchant them. Magic user and ranged weapons are little fun but because of the aiming have a big disadvantage. The merrily wandering around monster are a pain if you gain for the extra point in killing all enemies.
Healing your company is far to expensive (on the other side the "b" button is your constant friend).
I have played the game for around 10 hours i guess, but you could finish it in less than the halve.
Yes the graphics are nice but i was happy after finishing it and than deinstalled it.
ATM i am playing Battlepaths and thats far more fun.
Thanks! That doesn't sound too good, but at least it's short, heh. Not really a good reason to get it, though. :D
deCalc

Interesting puzzle game, though the menu UI could use a bit more PC-fication. Gameplay UI is good though.

Starts out mind-numbingly easy and trivial and then .... two or three levels I solved by sheer trial and error, and a whole bunch more by mostly trial and error till I got close enough to see the solution.

I finished the 50 preset levels of the Casual mode. Apparently 50 more are coming in the future. There are two endless modes with randomly generated levels, but I don't feel smart enough to have fun doing those.
Post edited August 23, 2013 by kalirion
Just recently finished Kotor 2 with the tslrcm mod (restored content mod) + m4-78 droid planet mod (same team) the guys who worked on the mods did a amazing job

I played this game when it first came out but I'm really glad I played it again with the extra/restored content.

Kotor 2 was already my favorite of the two games even with the flaws/ cut content (I like both and #1 is one of my favorite games I just like #2 more) but I like kotor 2 even more now after playing it again with the mod...

Also I'm back to being sad that swtor was made instead of Kotor 3 lol >.< only downside
22/08/2013: Assassin's Creed: Revelations: More AC goodness, though this did seem to drag on a bit more. And it ended on a cliffhanger (again). Now to see if ACIII is as bad as they say.

Full list here
Thomas Was Alone. More of a demo than a game, but still fairly neat.
timppu: Next on the line: Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale 1-2, Planescape: Torment, Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil, Neverwinter Nights 1-2 etc. etc. etc... I hope each of them doesn't also take 13 more years. Or maybe I should just forget about these gigantic RPGs.
How long it took you to beat BG1 with ToSC?

bg2 with throne is pretty much triple of that. BG1+tosc took me around 75 hours.
I've done the same amount in BG2 and Im barely 2/3 into game. and there is still throne left.
arcanum is way shorter. think 30 or so hours.
PST is no more than fifty. it is quiet epic journey tough. especially if you want to do everything.

but bg games are massive indeed.

I hope the other games have better journals (quest logs), that would probably speed up the playing a lot.
were you playing with bgtutu or bg trilogy mod? and why did you not just store all that crap somewhere? stuff does not disappear from chest in inns. for example i used inn in beregost to store everything. by the end of the game the chest could equip a small army, pay for it and teach them most powerful spells.

BTW, was the ending movie and credits supposed to be silent? I was a bit surprised as the game overall had great music, so I was kinda expecting to hear something mind-blowing at the end. But nothing.
dunno.
check on youtube?
So...

I tried Battlefield 3 single player. I was just looking for a fun diversion with pretty low expectations. I know it is not the game's selling point at all and I have read it fails to do the most basic thing it should - which is to train you for the multiplayer game. How true that is, I will never know now.

So, this being an Origin game naturally origin is required to run it. That's fine. I knew and accepted that going in. Having installed the game already, I double click my desktop icon for it, Origin fires up and then much to my surprise my web browser also fires up.

Being a Mac user, I prefer the Safari browser which is actually based on Chrome. Normally, this is not any problem whatsoever. Since I reboot to Windows to play certain games such as this one, I have Safari set up in Windows as well, as my default browser. This works out nicely for me where it syncs with Safari in OS X for bookmarks, etc. via iCloud. So that's why I bothered to install Safari in Windows since occasionally consulting the web whilst gaming is helpful.

Well, Battlefield 3's web page that you must run the game from requires a plugin. The first time you try to run the game, it tries to install the plugin. This of course fails since I am not using IE or Firefox. Fine. So I download the stupid thing with Firefox which I keep around for trying times such as this. I run the little installer for plugin and lo and behold it does know enough to install itself into the default browser, Safari.

Too bad the son of a bitch would not download via Safari. Whatever. It is fixed now.

I try again. I double click my desktop icon, Origin starts up, Safari starts up, the plugin works, I click "Let Me Play this fucking game." and then and only then does Battlefield 3 FINALLY start up. Alrighty then.

I am feeling a little annoyed right about now as I set through the brief opening cutscene and finally begin to play inside of a train for reasons unknown to me. There seems to be bad guys in this train and I have a pistol so I shoot them and in most linear fashion move down the train car. I am then prompted to press something to toss a guy out a window so I do and out he goes.

Soon thereafter, I am prompted to press something else to climb outside a window myself because a bad guy just planted a bomb about to kill me. So I obediently press the required key and find myself clinging to a runaway train on the outside.

Here is where it gets really good. Predictably enough, the car I just exited explodes and I am prompted to press space bar, presumably to climb back into the next car where a bad guy has just conveniently shot out the window trying to kill me. I press space bar and nothing happens! It tells me to again. I do it again. I think it was flashing, the message, I forget now. Then I am dead.

WTF???

It takes me a couple tries at this to feel stupid as I realized I have just seen my first quick time event in a fucking Battlefield game. What??? I resist the urge to break something and as rapidly as I can uninstall the browser plugin and then Battlefield 3 itself.

Fuck that.

Thanks for reading. I just needed to vent.

Oh, and one more time: FUCK THAT!
Post edited August 23, 2013 by dirtyharry50
hucklebarry: Thomas Was Alone. More of a demo than a game, but still fairly neat.
Really? I thought the game dragged on for too long as it was.
McPixel.... wow (in a bad way). Not worth the freebie that it was being bundled with other games. This is a good example of a game I would not want to see come to GOG.

hucklebarry: Thomas Was Alone. More of a demo than a game, but still fairly neat.
kalirion: Really? I thought the game dragged on for too long as it was.
Took me 4 hours to beat, but most of that was AFK or being distracted by the TV (2 hours is likely a good full playthrough estimate).
Post edited August 23, 2013 by user deleted