It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

(bother, I meant to quote myself, and of course instead I edited this post. Trying to reconstruct it now.)

gogtrial34987: I call out to the Elven thief listening at the southern tunnel, taking note of his decision to grab a torch for himself, "Hey, friend, there's strength in numbers, and a small tunnel is easier to scout for traps than a large one. Care to join us?"
jonridan: I look at the dwarf talking to me.

"Yeah, it's fine I guess..."

I make a sign for his group to wait up while I continue to use my high perception to listen in to the tunnel to confirm it's safe.
Be welcome! We now number five in the small south tunnel!
On point there's Says Beldarion the Human warrior, and Kip the Halfling Brigand.
Following behind there's Dunward the Human Mage, who has just cast detect secret
At the rear there's Aslain Melemir, the Elven Thief, listening for sounds of danger, and myself, Og'rialt the Dwarf Brigand, who has just finished setting a fire trap to help limit pursuit.

Ahead of us, storming heedlessly into danger, there's Rudy the rude Human Ranger.

Once we know the results of the detect secrets spell and the perception check, I suggest Aslain Melemir and Kip take point, scouting for traps and ambushes respectively, with Rudy ready right behind ready to swap places with Aslain in case we encounter a fight. (@Kip: How's your armor? I'm decked out in chainmail, so if you're less well covered, maybe I should take point after all?) Dunward has a... dart thrower, was it? so can safely stay away from the front line. I will cover our rear (or Kip can, depending on the armor situation), in case the fire trap wasn't enough. We will definitely leave enough room between ourselves so we can easily maneuver and swap places.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by gogtrial34987
Doc0075: Those heading North and South please confirm for me if you are using the main tunnels or the smaller side tunnels. It is not clear with everyone.
Rizzleskiff in the smaller North-bound tunnel
MaxFulvus:
bler144:
aRealCyborg:
babark:
ciemnogrodzianin:
Everyone OK with going to the main South Tunnel?

Any formation suggestions?
What I have at the moment in the east:

12 - te_lanus - Garethianopolisian - Half Orc Ranger - rushing ahead
14 - BeatriceElysia - Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle - Elf Druid - cast Barkskin and walk in
27 - Maxvorstadt - Balbok - Half-Orc Shaman - go in, then apparently stop to wait for other Half Orcs
8 - cardangrille - Cardan - Half Orc Berserker - joining Balbok, waiting for other Half Orcs
6 - PaterAlf - Pater Alf - Half Orc Warrior - joining Balbok and Cardan, apparently no longer waiting, heading in?
18 - Cavalary - Calad - Elf Mage - first sticking around the Half Orcs as they wait, then keeping them in sight while carefully moving a bit farther in, relying on the way opened by others (so stopping if they hit traps or are blocked quickly)
60 - Gekko_Dekko - Daddy Burrson - Dwarf Warrior - slowly moving in (likely overtaking Calad unless also stopping again after a bit)
47 - dmg1975 - Raybur Wolfsktaa - Dwarven Cleric - following Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle and Calad in (which is it? very different pacing and likely positioning)
39 - Vyraexii - Misery - Halfling Berserker - boldly strides in (likely overtaking others bar Garethianopolisian and Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle?)
11 - Enebias - Fognino - Goblin Shaman - tentatively following Balbok, Cardan and Pater Alf
23 - BranjoHello - Godbran Helloburger - Halfling Thief - straight in unless stopped (likely coming right behind Misery)
49 - nevarRed - Zazz - Goblin Berserker - joining Fognino
44 - Zadalon - Franziskan - Human Cleric - joining those heading in but possibly not going far, looking for a Paladin

Current positioning, as I see it:
Garethianopolisian - farthest ahead, independently
Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle - second farthest ahead, independently
Misery - third farthest ahead, independently
Godbran Helloburger - fourth farthest ahead, independently
Daddy Burrson - fifth farthest ahead, independently
Raybur Wolfsktaa - expressing desire to join and follow Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle and Calad, making for uncertain grouping and positioning
Calad - loosely joining Balbok, Cardan and Pater Alf, positioning depending on others: If Balbok, Cardan and Pater Alf are still around entrance, ahead of them but stopped while still keeping them in sight, or even sooner if those going ahead were stopped by something. If Balbok, Cardan and Pater Alf are moving in, falling in with them.
Balbok, Cardan, Pater Alf - forming a group, positioning uncertain, either heading in (according to Pater Alf) or still waiting around entrance for more Half Orcs (according to last messages from Balbok and Cardan).
Fognino, Zazz - forming a group, tentatively following Balbok, Cardan and Pater Alf at a short distance, positioning depending on them
Franziskan - heading in but still looking for a Paladin, therefore likely still sticking around the entrance
Post edited September 23, 2019 by Cavalary
Next turn start date?
Doc, could you please, open new thread every five turns or so, starting with tomorrow? I'm already lost and I'm not using any web extensions to help (or hinder) my GOG site layout.

edit:
Raybur Wolfsktaa - what class are you? Willing to join some fighter or tough character.
I'm Elven druid and Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle, but you can short that to Bea E.G.G.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by BeatriceElysia
Doc0075: This is where I currently have people placed on the map. If you are missing or in the wrong place please let me know. Any that are not placed yet and don't inform me otherwise will be placed as still in the chamber.
My notes also have 3 - arsalan12 - Arsalan - Elven Mage heading south into the main tunnel while casting summon monster. ( #211: "I, Arsalan the Elven Mage head to the south tunnels and cast the spell 'Summon Monster' to help me deal with any dangers lurking in the darkness." Confirmed to be the main tunnel in #392: "I'm heading to the south main tunnel.")

And 48 - babark - Babargh - Dwarven Cleric joining the main party with 43 - idbeholdME - Svartalf - Dwarven Battlemage: ( #305: "I would be more than willing to join up for collaborative exploration." and "I summon a Holy Guardian")

Doc0075: Those heading North and South please confirm for me if you are using the main tunnels or the smaller side tunnels. It is not clear with everyone.
Main tunnel:
41 - zlaywal - Zayd ibn Yasin - Human Ranger ( #318: "He'll stick forward to the larger Southern tunnels")
28 - triock - Triock Ulagolor - Elven Paladin ( #326: "he draws his famous flamesword Riarwirn and proceeds to the main South tunnels.")
80 - Green_Hilltop - Eranear - Elf Paladin ( #336: "Otherwise I move inside the main South tunnel")
3 - arsalan12 - Arsalan - Elven Mage ( #392: "I'm heading to the south main tunnel."

Somewhat uncertain, but probably main tunnel as a group (seems to be pretty much settled below to indeed be main).
2 - bler144 - SmartyFartBlart - Human Paladin
9 - MaxFulvus - Max, son of Fulvus - Dwarven Thief ( #366: "The main south tunnels or the smaller side tunnels and which one")
26 - ciemnogrodzianin - Thulgrun the One-Eyed - Dwarven Warrior ( #265: "Watchful, but without delay, I enter the southern tunnel.")
43 - idbeholdME - Svartalf - Dwarven Battlemage ( #378: "Everyone OK with going to the main South Tunnel?")
30 - aRealCyborg - Kyp - Dwarf Ranger ( #371: "When idbeholdME (the party leader imo) goes down a tunnel i will go with him")
48 - babark - Babargh - Dwarven Cleric

Small tunnel:
69 - alexandros050 - Rudy - Human Ranger ( #287: "Rudy The Human Ranger, moves south to the smaller tunnel alone.")

Small tunnel as a group:
29 - gogtrial34987 - Og'rialt - Dwarf Brigand ( #277: "I head into the smaller south tunnel, and wait just inside to see who else will join me.")
5 - Sulibor - Dunward - Human Mage ( #289: "Casts: Detect secret on the smaller southern tunel.")
15 - Lone_Scout - Says Beldarion - Human Warrior ( #301: "our formation for the smaller southern tunnel would be:")
22 - 01kipper - Kip - Halfling Brigand ( #309: "Kip will join the party heading into the small southern tunnel.")
35 - jonridan - Aslain Melemir - Elven Thief ( #348: "I make a sign for his group to wait up" in response to "a small tunnel is easier to scout for traps than a large one. Care to join us?")
Post edited September 23, 2019 by gogtrial34987
dmg1975:
You would be most welcome to join, but I fear Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle is quite far ahead (unless stopped or killed by an enemy or trap) and unlikely to be patient with anyone, so you'll probably have to decide which of us you wish to team up with.
Doc0075: Later today we will find out what the pulling of the chains has done (all four have been pulled), what spells have just been cast and we will deal with current actions such as opening of the chests and moving tentatively into the tunnels.
I'm waiting anxiously to see what kind of trap or loot or both is in the chest!
BeatriceElysia: Raybur Wolfsktaa - what class are you?
Says right in the message, he's Dwarf Cleric.
Cavalary: and unlikely to be patient with anyone,
Based on previous experience, maybe yes, but he's free to join.
BeatriceElysia: Raybur Wolfsktaa - what class are you?
Cavalary: Says right in the message, he's Dwarf Cleric.
Missed it. Well, my character is elven and druid, and he's dwarf and cleric, well maybe he can, maybe it will be fun.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by BeatriceElysia
Doc0075: First off, thank you to everyone who has decided to take part in this game, I wasn't expecting to get 20 people so am quite chuffed with the turnout.
Doc, I am full of admiration for the amount of work you are putting here. I was going to be part of your game but, in the end, I decided to not sign in because (1) I'm not so fluent in English language and (2) I wanted to see how this is going to look first.

Now I'm partially ok-ish with my decision - game looks really fun but with my timing and not having enough time I think I would be lost among all these posts players generate in this topic.

Still, I will be reading this topic from time to time to see how the play goes. :) Good luck to all!
idbeholdME:
Svartalf, Battlemage
MaxFulvus:
Max of Fulvus, Thief
bler144:
SmartyFartBlart, Human Paladin
aRealCyborg:
Kyp, Ranger
babark:
Myself, Babargh, Cleric
ciemnogrodzianin:
Thulgrun, Warrior
(for my own benefit for now, I am sure our adventures will bring us closer soon enough

idbeholdME: Everyone OK with going to the main South Tunnel?

For me, any path is as good as any other. If we encounter evil, I will endeavour to smite it. If we encounter good, I will revel in it. Thus, I am fine with the main South Tunnel. God guide us unto her bidding.
As for our formation, points to consider:
- my Globe of Protection protects 4 people (including myself).
- the tunnel allows for 6 people walking abreast
- the Warrior Thulgrun and Human Paladin SmartyFartBlart are the most adept melee warriors (although all of us have likely tasted battle), so they should likely lead
- Ranger Kyp would likely most benefit from staying behind.
- I do not know the battle skills of the Thief of Fulvus- would these tunnels and their likely inhabitants be susceptible to backstabbery? Or are the thief skills of another variety?
- I likewise do not know the battle skills of the Battlemage Svartalf. If more comfortable with a melee weapon in hand, it would make sense to be nearer the front, else firing spells from behind is acceptable.
- I myself have a number of offensive spells, mostly targetting the offensive dead, but am equally adept at swinging the axe Iconoclast.
- We will be leaving a whole mess of people behind us, hopefully they will deal with any dangers that could come from that direction, or give us fair warning with their battlecries if they cannot. Until the situation changes, we need not worry about or rearguard, and can focus on the front.

Unless my understanding is flawed, my suggested formation would be the warrior and human paladin up front,
myself and the thief in the centre, and the battlemage and ranger bringing up the rear.

Either way, I am willing to hear any other suggestions, and if a consensus is reached different from mine, I will go along with it.
I also agree to go down the main south tunnel
Finally, I will cast my Globe of Protection, protecting whichever other three we decide on.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by babark
When Vertel woke up, he didn't remember the previous day. Then he noticed the crowd and start walking around with grimace on his face.
I hate the crowds. What do I and them doing here?
He avoided the chests, carefully looking at the from the safe distance.
Either traps or source of unhealthly attention from people full of human greed.
Survival, that's the most important matter for now. He started studying the entrances in order to find some signs or letters, while smelling them as he knew that the traps usually smells, most of the time like the human blood of those who wasn't careful enough.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by v1989
ciemnogrodzianin:
idbeholdME: Everyone OK with going to the main South Tunnel?

I will be in mid of group i guess
bler144:
aRealCyborg:
babark:
idbeholdME:
ciemnogrodzianin:
Ok for me to follow the main south tunnel. As a formation, I suggest :

WarriorlThieflBattlemage
ClericlRangerlPaladin

Considering I need to detect traps or secrets areas, I'm obliged to stay in front. I have a Battleaxe, so I don't fear close combat, but not a heavy protection, so to be under Babargh's Globe of Protection would be great.
Post edited September 23, 2019 by MaxFulvus