It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nvm, I chose my spells.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by phaolo
Where's the dungeon? I mean, the thread?
BeatriceElysia: Where's the dungeon?
Right there, behind the dragon!
I'll try some Weissbier. Elves can't get drunk anyway.

*A few pints later*

FOR UNDEAD CRASHING!
ok, i mean i did not get starting info... what is the starting premises
Should we put our Race and class in our messages at the bottom so other people do not forget?
Dwarf Ranger
Post edited September 22, 2019 by aRealCyborg
aRealCyborg: ok, i mean i did not get starting info... what is the starting premises
Should we put our Race and class in our messages at the bottom so other people do not forget?
That's what I did so me and others would know who I was when I talk with them. It's not required in Doc's rules but I thought it was a good idea for keeping track.

edit: just so we're on the same page. I'm referring to the subtext just below my Gog name "BenKii".
Post edited September 22, 2019 by BenKii
high rated
First off, thank you to everyone who has decided to take part in this game, I wasn't expecting to get 20 people so am quite chuffed with the turnout.

This page is a 'how to play' page and also any general information that needs to be shared.

I will describe your starting location and roughly where you are in there. Will be referring to you by your character names.

You can then either choose what you want to do (go down, a tunnel, examine a chest so on, so on) or chat and team up with others.

Then post where you want to go/ what you want to do.

If you see a trap I will contact you in chat and ask what you want to do before letting you continue on your way.

Say you enter a room with 2 other people and you are attacked, I will contact each of you in turn through chat to see what your actions are in that room and how they affect the people with you.

If you open a chest, again I will contact you in chat to see how that plays out and also where you want to go after opening the chest.

** Some spell info **

You will get all your spell charges back at turn ten and also be able to change your selection of spells then.

Protective spells last for 5 turns, so you can cast one in advance before setting of on your journey if you want.

Spells that summon creatures - the creature will stay with you for 5 turns or until slain/ banished.

Magic items that summon creatures are a little different. The creature will stay with you until slain/ banished. Then it is 3 turns until you can summon it again.

When choosing to cast a spell, post that you are casting a spell and then contact me in chat and I will add what spell has been cast and what effects result from it.

Decide what sort of character you are and play to that role. You can work together or lookout for number one, or pretend to be helpful then run off with the loot, it is up to you.

** Bonus objective **

There are three items of power scattered around the dungeon. These are very valuable but only to the one person who possesses each one.

If I have missed something, let me know in chat.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by Doc0075
high rated
You all start in a large, circular chamber. There is a metal grate in the center of the chamber, those who are stood nearest to it can here the rapid scraping of many clawed feet getting closer.
You do not want to still be here when they arrive.

There are four columns in a square around the center of the chamber, each 20 feet apart.
A Detect Secrets spell has revealed a chain hanging down by each column.

Large tunnels depart in four directions. One south, one north, one west and one east.
These are wide enough for people to walk down six abreast (six people side by side).

The north tunnel and the south tunnel both have a smaller tunnel running alongside them which are two people across in size.

There are two large wooden chests next to the metal grate. One has a picture of a top hat graved into it. The other has a picture of a hornet graved into it.

The chamber is well lit, the tunnels have some torches visible from where you start but are not nearly as well lit.

** starting places **

The following start around the metal grate and near the wooden chests - Pater Alf - Daniel - Lazarus - Tanea - Peloquin - Tridris - Valius - Gold - Henz - Grom Grombly - Thras - Roark - Tomato - Darrim

The following start near the North tunnels - Ioanna - Stefareth - Kyp - Hummer - Rizzleskiff - Squee - Vertel - shamus -Vanathradil - Damon - OldNick - Cirocco - Aleric - Danric the Exiled - Karanos - StrangerDanger - Vanlaa - Aurelia

The following start near the South tunnels - Svartalf - Aslain Melemir - Thulgrun the One-Eyed - Kip - Max, son of Fulvus - Dunward - SmartyFartBlart - Arsalan - Cervello - Rudy - Babargh - Zayd ibn Yasin - Cardan - Triock Ulagolor -Eranear

The following start near the East tunnel - Cicatrix - Krssl Kssk - Raybur Wolfsktaa - Franziskan - Balbok - Calad - Lady Beatrice Eilonwy Giulietta Giselle - Garethianopolisian - Fognino - Godbran Helloburger
- Elven Necromancer - Daddy Burrson - Thelis - Darci

The following start near the West tunnel - Strigon - Roosevelt - Says Beldarion - Catac1ysm - Origi - Roy Jenks - Misery - Gilius - Loradan - Siegfried - Kubajz - Rufus - Shins A'Hoy - Zazz - Fish - Yeenwi - BenKii - Og'rialt

Let me know if I have missed anyone or placed someone twice.

Commence
Since I'm standing conveniently close to the chests, I'll start with 'wasting' the first of my spells: I cast Detect Secrets. If possible, on everything in view. Or, if it can only be cast on one specific target at a time, on the chest with the top hat.
Doc0075: ** starting places **

I don't see my name in any of the starting positions. Guess I'm floating in the Phantom Zone.
Doc0075:
I can see Ioanna in north and east tunnels

And Aleric's name appears twice in the north tunnels
Post edited September 22, 2019 by Zadalon
Doc0075:
Zadalon: I can see Ioanna in north and east tunnels

And Aleric's name appears twice in the north tunnels
Thank you.

Doc0075: ** starting places **

BenKii: I don't see my name in any of the starting positions. Guess I'm floating in the Phantom Zone.
Found you.
[i]So, I'm finally here. A dungeon I decided to venture into despite hearing the countless rumors about the dangers lurking inside. But I still didn't care. Why? Because I also heard the countless rumors about the rewards awating inside, and since my financial situation isn't exactly the best, I didn't really thought twice about it.

I observe the rest of the people who with I would be venturing along. Definetely a diverse bunch. I never in my life actually worked together with anyone, and some of these people don't look particularly trustworthy, but hey! There's a first time for everything, right?[/i]

But no time for mingling yet, because treasure calls! Since the dwarf beside me seems to be busy inspecting the top hat chest, I proceed to put my ears on the hornet chest to try and check if there's a trap mechanism inside.

----------------

Looks like there something wrong with the italics here... XD
Post edited September 22, 2019 by Ilan14
Thanks for finding me doc. :)

Now for a little character bio for myself. *clear throat*

[i]Captain's log stardate 73189.9
I've been mysteriously transported to this strange circular chamber with a large group of people that resemble characters from the late 20th century board game "Dungeons and Dragons". I myself have had my uniform replaced with the attire of a warrior class from same game. This may be some kind of fantasy devised by an extra dimensional being as their way of having "fun" with other humanoid lifeforms. For now, I'll adhere to the Prime Directive with the other people trapped here and "roleplay" as this human warrior. Hopefully, I can work together with the others here to figure out how to escape this dungeon without meeting any dragons.[/i]

Ahem, greetings fellow adventurers. I'm BenKii, a human warrior. Would anyone like to join me down this west tunnel to try and find a way out? I have lots of health and armor but am lacking the skills of a rogue and the spells of a mage but will gladly accept help from other fellow warriors.
I say a quick prayer to Mythara, my Goddess (some say she's actually a succubus, but they only say it once before meeting Krugos, my trusty war hammer). In between the idle chatter of other adventurers I can hear the scraping coming from a grate in the center of this chamber. Something is obviously coming this way and I decide that staying here and fighting it will be a pointless waste of my energy.

I cast a spell *Summon Holy Guardian* and then proceed cautiously into dimly lit main North Tunnel.

Aleric the dwarven cleric.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by Nadruk