It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

idbeholdME: Svartalf the Battlemage scans over the entire, slightly chaotic situation while hefting his trusty War Hammer - The Pulverizer, magically imbued to smash through any armor or shield without issue. Clad in his Mithril Chainmail and a variety of defensive spells (Dispel Magic, Reflect Missiles, Reflect Spells, Magic Shield) and his one favorite offensive spell, the Fireball at the ready, he assesses the situation.

The sounds coming from the middle grate are definitely not a good sign and it would be prudent to get as far away from here as possible as fast as possible. Some fools, ignoring the obvious danger, descend upon the chests like locusts, greed suppressing any concern for the slowly but steadily nearing danger. Let them lose time, effort and potentially their life.

Counting the members in the groups around the tunnels, he notices that there are 13 other individuals near the South tunnel where he is currently standing. Overall, he sees a pretty likable group with the exception of a single filthy Drow. He also spots several other dwarves. A Warrior, a Thief and even a Cleric. As a Battlemage, he feels that if him and these individuals banded together, they would complement each other quite well, covering a wide array of skills.

After a brief introduction, he extends and offer to the 3 other dwarves to create a party (Thulgrun the Warrior, Max son of Fulvus the Thief and Babargh the Cleric) hoping that as usual, the dwarves will trust their own kind and face the dangers together. He also mentions the smaller tunnel which seems to run parallel with the main South Tunnel but still remains uncertain whether or not it is worth exploring.

bler144: I, SmartyFartBlart the Paladin will raise my shield as a bulwark against whatever lurks in the dark..
idbeholdME: SmartyFartBlart, the slightly fanatical Paladin is already shouting things about smiting evil and being a "shield against the darkness" in a true Paladin fashion. He said he would guard the tunnel. But Svartalf likes his quick call to action and so far, he is the only one from the group who seems interested to begin the journey as fast as possible by suggesting that a thief scout the tunnel for traps. He seems decisive and quick to act, all good qualities in a fight and thus, Svartalf also extends the offer of partying up to him.

TLDR:
I offer to:
Thulgrun the Warrior
Max son of Fulvus the Thief
Babargh the Cleric

and

SmartyFartBlart the Paladin

to party up. If they do not decide before it is time to move, I will take their answer as a no.
Comes up to you and ask if you will consider me to join party
Kyp, Dwarf Ranger
Post edited September 22, 2019 by aRealCyborg
Maxvorstadt: Hey, I see a few other half-orcs here. Let`s team up together and show those umbal`hai how to do it!
cardangrille: Cardan, Half Orc Berserker, agrees. Cardan knows, many Half Orcs will get many shinies in dungeon! Cardan's 2-hand greataxe has +2 damage, very good, very strong. Crush enemies easy.
...Try not crush chests with shinies.

Cardan waits for others to join strong Half Orcs as well.
Achgosh douk!
phaolo: I agree and we're already too far in the tunnel anyway.
(OOC: Doc just confirmed that it doesn't matter which tunnel we enter; we'll get just as far in a turn.)

paladin181:
FlockeSchnee:
BenKii:
ConsulCaesar:
What say you, friends? I'll gladly join you, but have a strong preference for trying our luck down a smaller tunnel. I should even be able to make it quite unpleasant for anyone to follow us without having been invited!
gogtrial34987: (OOC: Doc just confirmed that it doesn't matter which tunnel we enter; we'll get just as far in a turn.)
(I was roleplaying, considering my starting point, my character's thoughts and ConsulCaesar's post)
Post edited September 22, 2019 by phaolo
Doc0075: The smaller tunnels are two people across.
Aramandur: Could you please verify if I get that right? This is a hypothetical formation of our party.
Squee doesn't understand Danric but thinks the big paladin would be good in a scrap and at the very least would slow down anything chasing poor Squee. Squee continues searching for traps and secret doors in the north tunnel.

-Squee goblin thief
gogtrial34987: What say you, friends? I'll gladly join you, but have a strong preference for trying our luck down a smaller tunnel. I should even be able to make it quite unpleasant for anyone to follow us without having been invited!
I believe Doc said that only 2 people can go down one of the smaller tunnels at a time and 6 down the normal sized tunnels. Hence why I'm trying to build a party of 6 to go down this west tunnel. Still care to join?
Post edited September 22, 2019 by BenKii
Doc0075: The smaller tunnels are two people across.
Aramandur: Could you please verify if I get that right? This is a hypothetical formation of our party.
That would work although it would depend on the others agreeing to join you as such.
I will be the first to note that I've probably not read something important.

bler144: While I, SmartyFartBlart the Human Paladin, would prefer to wait and assess the situation in the chamber, the chains suggest a danger in lingering too long, perhaps being trapped. I accept your proposal.

Also, it will be easier to only have to remember 4 names. ;)
idbeholdME: Welcome aboard. Let's hope that my fellow dwarves do not take too long with their answers.

Any other suggestions to invite someone to our forming party?

One condition though, absolutely no Drows allowed.
Class-wise, a ranger (particularly with range) or druid would fill skills gaps, while providing good rear-support, particularly since we may at some point be pursued by the creatures from the grate. Barbarian, perhaps.

I will presume the dwarf-heavy party would prefer a halfling over an elf.

If our tunnel is but two abroad, the formation of the proposed five would likely seem to be:

Front: Pal (unless war has shield as well) + thief
mage
warrior
cleric

While a 3x tunnel would be ideal, given the limitations, that gives the warrior and thief both passage to be mobile front-to-back.

Blartyfartysmartyparty
Human Paladinium Shield/Hammer
gogtrial34987: (OOC: Doc just confirmed that it doesn't matter which tunnel we enter; we'll get just as far in a turn.)

What say you, friends? I'll gladly join you, but have a strong preference for trying our luck down a smaller tunnel. I should even be able to make it quite unpleasant for anyone to follow us without having been invited!
BenKii: I believe Doc said that only 2 people can go down one of the smaller tunnels at a time and 6 down the normal sized tunnels. Hence why I'm trying to build a party of 6 to go down this west tunnel. Still care to join?
2 across in the smaller tunnel, 6 across in the larger. You can of course have more behind the front people.
Thulgrun the One-Eyed
dwarven warrior

Catac1ysm: Dwarf Berserker Catac1ysm goes to the North to find way out.
The sounds of the claws are getting louder. Looking at the opposite side of the chamber, I can see a dwarf who disappears into the northern tunnel. "Good luck, stranger brother", I think, "Let the ancient gods of dwarven mines look after you".

I turn to Svartalf the Battlemage and SmartyFartBlart the Paladin and say:
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there. Let's go!

Watchful, but without delay, I enter the southern tunnel.
gogtrial34987: What say you, friends? I'll gladly join you, but have a strong preference for trying our luck down a smaller tunnel. I should even be able to make it quite unpleasant for anyone to follow us without having been invited!
A dark-skinned bald human that was taking a nap near the west tunnel wakes up and readies for action.
-"Hello, my friends" -Greets the people nearby with a pleasant, friendly smile -"My name is Beldarion, soldier of fortune from the distant lands of A'Nergah. And this is my trusted companion Waihyra (taps his sword)"
Turns to Og'rialt: "I like your suggestion, and this party here is already well armed. I'll join you if you want." "Otherwise, I'll head to the western tunnel"
Post edited September 22, 2019 by Lone_Scout
aRealCyborg: snip
Your skills could be of great value, oh dwarf paladin of indeterminate gender with the mighty beard.

Your proposition is acceptable to me.
Post edited September 22, 2019 by bler144
BenKii: I believe Doc said that only 2 people can go down one of the smaller tunnels at a time and 6 down the normal sized tunnels. Hence why I'm trying to build a party of 6 to go down this west tunnel. Still care to join?
Doc0075: 2 across in the smaller tunnel, 6 across in the larger. You can of course have more behind the front people.
Very well. I will confer with my compatriots.

Og'rialt wants to go down the smaller tunnel. I think we should stay the course down the west tunnel. What say you all?
aRealCyborg: Comes up to you and ask if you will consider me to join party
Hmm, another dwarf. And a Ranger at that. Do you specialize in ranged weapons? We seem to be lacking a ranged attacker currently. Let me consult with SmartyFartBlart first.

bler144: I will be the first to note that I've probably not read something important.

Class-wise, a ranger (particularly with range) or druid would fill skills gaps, while providing good rear-support, particularly since we may at some point be pursued by the creatures from the grate. Barbarian, perhaps.

I will presume the dwarf-heavy party would prefer a halfling over an elf.

If our tunnel is but two abroad, the formation of the proposed five would likely seem to be:

Front: Pal (unless war has shield as well) + thief
mage
warrior
cleric

While a 3x tunnel would be ideal, given the limitations, that gives the warrior and thief both passage to be mobile front-to-back.

Blartyfartysmartyparty
Human Paladinium Shield/Hammer
A dwarven ranger, Kyp just approached me. What do you think? I asked him what weapons is he focusing on.

ConsulCaesar:
Dunward Human Mage says:
Do you need a human mage in your part, as I do not know your race and class?
Post edited September 22, 2019 by Sulibor