It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OK. The support-prevention-bot refuses to create a ticket. Probably because I don't own the game in question. Can someone, who owns the game, contact support about the savegame issue? Meanwhile, I'll contact a blue.
Hello,

Maybe, one more for you, Lifthrasil.

This time it is about, Dice Legacy.
The main game is playable on an offline PC.
As for the addon, I don't have it, so I can't be sure.

What I can say for sure is that I get a message every time I start the game (see the screen shot).
Attachments:
DJM.553: What I can say for sure is that I get a message every time I start the game (see the screen shot).
I'll try testing this out. I was going to pick up the DLC to see what changes it did. Which DLCs did you have or not have so I can try to match? Had you had Galaxy on the computer at all? Just trying to match fongi.
Post edited September 07, 2022 by mqstout
DJM.553: What I can say for sure is that I get a message every time I start the game (see the screen shot).
mqstout: I'll try testing this out. I was going to pick up the DLC to see what changes it did. Which DLCs did you have or not have so I can try to match? (I think a couple of the DLCs were free.) Had you had Galaxy on the computer at all? Just trying to match fongi.
The computer is permanent offline, I never use Galaxy.
mqstout: I'll try testing this out. I was going to pick up the DLC to see what changes it did. Which DLCs did you have or not have so I can try to match? (I think a couple of the DLCs were free.) Had you had Galaxy on the computer at all? Just trying to match fongi.
DJM.553: The computer is permanent offline, I never use Galaxy.
Alright, I tested Dice Legacy + DLC.

Environment: Win10x64. Galaxy 1.2 is installed, but closed (and background service terminated).

Downloaded offline installers, flipped airplane mode switch to disable network (horray for older laptops with actual physical antenna switches).

Installed offline base game, tested.

Verified your screen shot [that's what it says]. But game plays fine, including saving preferences. (Didn't actually try the ancestry component, but I'll assume it's functional since settings saved.)

Installed offline DLC, tested.

Same screen appears on start. But the DLC appears to load: main menu is different, clicking new game has alternate play mode, and new character Vicar is available to choose from, and in-game has Cultist dice.

I'd say this is an instance of bad coding, but not even accidental Galaxy requirement. It appears to be working fine, even fully offline, except for a misleading error message on start.

(Flipped network switch back on to return to make this post and finish my lunch break reading stuff. Keeping Galaxy closed until I need it for something.)
Post edited September 07, 2022 by mqstout
Thank you for testing, mqstout and thank you for the report, DJM!
I'm glad that in this case no DRM is in play!
Thank you for test, mqstout
Not sure if it counts but Blood Bowl II Legendary Edition. There are some dozen trikot colours you can only get by paying in the Online Shop for which you need a third party account which you need for online multiplayer too. You could play offline as a "Guest" but that means you get a different save game in comparison to online mode and multiplayer is only as Hotseat mode available
Post edited September 11, 2022 by Korotan
Korotan: Not sure if it counts but Blood Bowl II Legendary Edition. There are some dozen trikot colours you can only get by paying in the Online Shop for which you need a third party account which you need for online multiplayer too. You could play offline as a "Guest" but that means you get a different save game in comparison to online mode and multiplayer is only as Hotseat mode available
Are these Trikot colours for the single player game or for multiplayer? As I understood your report, it's multiplayer DRM (so, a case for the second list) but not necessarily single player DRM.
Korotan: Not sure if it counts but Blood Bowl II Legendary Edition. There are some dozen trikot colours you can only get by paying in the Online Shop for which you need a third party account which you need for online multiplayer too. You could play offline as a "Guest" but that means you get a different save game in comparison to online mode and multiplayer is only as Hotseat mode available
Lifthrasil: Are these Trikot colours for the single player game or for multiplayer? As I understood your report, it's multiplayer DRM (so, a case for the second list) but not necessarily single player DRM.
Both. If you play with Account you basically play against AI and against other players.
You could for example grind your team in SP until all are maxed and then go to Multiplayer or play this season in MP and then go with it for SP AI leagues. But as I said, the progress there is unable to get for your offline play account unlike Diablo.
Post edited September 11, 2022 by Korotan
Lifthrasil: Are these Trikot colours for the single player game or for multiplayer? As I understood your report, it's multiplayer DRM (so, a case for the second list) but not necessarily single player DRM.
Korotan: Both. If you play with Account you basically play against AI and against other players.
You could for example grind your team in SP until all are maxed and then go to Multiplayer or play this season in MP and then go with it for SP AI leagues. But as I said, the progress there is unable to get for your offline play account unlike Diablo.
I don't know about the colors or not (I never investigated), but offline play of Bloodbowl 2 does save your profile, match progress, team level ups, etc, entirely for offline play. It's true that you can't later take the profile online; that's not unusual. The game is naggy about it, but doesn't interfere with you playing the game at all.

It is a crappily designed game/system, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has online-acquisition-only cosmetics.
Post edited September 11, 2022 by mqstout
Korotan: Both. If you play with Account you basically play against AI and against other players.
mqstout: I don't know about the colors or not (I never investigated), but offline play of Bloodbowl 2 does save your profile, match progress, team level ups, etc, entirely for offline play. It's true that you can't later take the profile online; that's not unusual. The game is naggy about it, but doesn't interfere with you playing the game at all.

It is a crappily designed game/system, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has online-acquisition-only cosmetics.
My point whas, the whole progress that you do while being signed up is not available when you go offline either.
The game either force you to be always online or always offline.
mqstout: I don't know about the colors or not (I never investigated), but offline play of Bloodbowl 2 does save your profile, match progress, team level ups, etc, entirely for offline play. It's true that you can't later take the profile online; that's not unusual. The game is naggy about it, but doesn't interfere with you playing the game at all.

Korotan: My point whas, the whole progress that you do while being signed up is not available when you go offline either.
The game either force you to be always online or always offline.
Hmm. That is a strict separation of multiplayer and single-player. But I don't know whether I can count that as DRM. Since it isn't an advantage that registered players have in single-player. It would be DRM, if Galaxy-users could do or get something in single player that non-Galaxy-users can't do or get. Do you know, whether you can use these trikot colors in single player, if you use Galaxy?
DJM.553: I'm getting tired of the reactions of some people.

Those who think that others are liars because the game is functional on their own. NO SIR.
Those who explain that it is not DRM(s), just an activation problem. NO SIR.
Those who explain that the gray button is not necessarily gray and that you can launch the game anyway. NO SIR.

On a PC that has never been connected, it is unstoppable, except for technical problems (drivers, updates and others).

To be quite clear, a game that doesn't start, who cares if the water is cold, warm or hot. it's functional or not.
Here you have people who report problems, others who take the time to keep a list and some who push GoG to react.

And this is for the benefit of all.
You should stand together and support, because tomorrow Galaxy might be mandatory.

It's GoG that displays "DRM FREE" on every product page and and addon. I maintain that since 2010 and after several years of exchange with them, they don't care about patches and DRM Free and not only a little.

You will get what you deserve.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
well put!
I originally came here via a link from the "Fishing North Atlantic" DLC which I Will NOT be p purchasing if they don't fix the DRM-which more than a few hundred people have attested to! Evidence is there!
the trolls posting about "no DRM" and "Fake news" are the fakers! they are propagandists not even a part of GOG community!
As for GOG "Good Ole Games" seems to have lost its meaning. GOG Galaxy, ultimately wants to be yet another facebook/twtitter hub more than a download server. Seems to be they are "milking" our tolerance levels until they cross every boarder and take us over. It will not only be mandatory but we will have to be "always on" to play ANY game, including DOS games and pre 2010 classics and they can(without our consent) update,remove or modify at anytime that way. That is, IF people don't grow a backbone and start complaining and refusing purchase until GOG cleans up its facebook attitude!
Steam is not(always) on but it may also suffer that fate.
I am tired of all the sheep flaming the wolves! When I peruse these posts I usually gloss-eye those sheep. if we don't voice complaints it will be like "UB" soft and Origin "Client" around here! But worse than that it will be like facebook! The word "Complainer" means you have reason and cause, or you would not. It seems the definition got warped! I am tired of GOG support bots not even emailing me a code for the support tickets. I complained several times about their unwanted "update" to Knights of the Old Republic II to some amateurish rehash when I did not give them permission to "remake" the classic I originally purchased.
Post edited October 03, 2022 by neosapian
Another thing. As earlier in times when games used outside gadgets as a method and it whas considered DRM, should then not Thimbleweed Park be on the list too, as it requires you for ending the game to watch the kickstarter video?