It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition — the birth of a universe. A complex, extensive universe of raw fantasy and imperfection which spawned countless works reaching far beyond gaming - from graphic novels and novelizations through tabletop games and more. The Dragon Age universe is among the most ambitious fantasy settings ever created, and if you'd like to get more acquainted with the universe, turn up the fantastic soundtrack and take a look at the comprehensive guide to Dragon Age by Kotaku.

Dead Space is a glance at a gritty, hard sci-fi world in a state of irreversible disrepair. This is a game where the horrors lurking around the corner are just as disturbing as ghosts of the past. The glimpses are few, but they meticulously paint a vivid world of dark, scientific wonders and despair – a world you barely know, but a world nonetheless worth saving. A world you will remember. Check out the animated comic prologue available here, as well as the OST on Spotify.

SimCity 3000™ Unlimited is more than the sum of its parts. It's neither the biggest nor the most elaborate in the series, but it's success lies in balancing complexity and accessibility to deliver truly exceptional and welcoming gameplay. It doesn't hurt that you'll spend countless hours listening to a wonderfully jazzy soundtrack (also on Spotify!). Whether you succeed or stumble, one thing is certain: your stay in SimCity 3000 will be… nice.

Experience three pillars of game design by Electronic Arts – the marvelous worlds, unforgettable storytelling, exceptional gameplay – <span class="bold">Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>, <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, and <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
haydenaurion: If you liked the older Resident Evil games you'll like Dead Space, though it has better controls than the older RE games. Could care less for Dead Space 2 & 3 though, they pretty much turned those into your average third-person shooter, the sense of horror wasn't as strong in those.
amund: Never played Resident Evil but Dead Space kinda look like the new Doom game, only seen the trailer though. I wouldn't mind if it had some kind of loot system and a decent story.
It's got some loot and a pretty decent story. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just keep in mind it has a few technical issues on PC that need to be worked around: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space

I avoided it for the longest time thinking EA doing survival horror would be a joke, but then I played the Xbox 360 demo and went out and bought it the same day.
Now waiting these games come to GOG Connect, since I already own these on Steam and Origin.
It's great to finally see all these games here... GoG should really start a side-business of selling time to people that don't have enough of it to play all the great games now in their backlogs.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by WinterSnowfall
Heck yes Sim City 3000! You guys have made a great work!

By the way, any chance of also putting the Spanish version on GOG?
Holy Hell, thanks a bunch! I own both DA:O and Dead Space and I'm not really interested in SImCity, but having them here is awesome! Here's hoping Mass Effect will wind up here too!!! And many other games too, of course!! Thanks GOG (&EA :D).
joppo: Off-topic but every time I take a distracted glance at your avatar I see Earthworm Jim. Only with a second look I realize those are Snoopy and Woodstock. Is that intentional? Also, am I the only one to fall to this "illusion"?
Accatone: Well, this is the first time I hear that my avatar looks like Earthworm Jim. I like both Snoopy and Woodstock, and that's why I wanted an avatar to include both characters. I didn't form any intended reference whatsoever to Earthworm Jim. Please don't take distracted glances at my avatar! :)
I'll try, but no promises. Maybe you should position your avatar right outside my field of view :)

Vythonaut: Let's make this your second time; only now I realised it isn't Jim. :P
omega64: I just did the same thing. O_o
Question has been answered. It is funny how the illusion works so well for something that probably hasn't been intentionally made that way.
amund: Never played Resident Evil but Dead Space kinda look like the new Doom game, only seen the trailer though. I wouldn't mind if it had some kind of loot system and a decent story.
haydenaurion: It's got some loot and a pretty decent story. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just keep in mind it has a few technical issues on PC that need to be worked around: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space

I avoided it for the longest time thinking EA doing survival horror would be a joke, but then I played the Xbox 360 demo and went out and bought it the same day.
Thanks for the link, will check it out :) There will be a GOG stream of Dead Space this weekend, might watch that to see what gameplay is like.
haydenaurion: It's got some loot and a pretty decent story. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just keep in mind it has a few technical issues on PC that need to be worked around: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space

amund: Thanks for the link, will check it out :) There will be a GOG stream of Dead Space this weekend, might watch that to see what gameplay is like.
Good idea, you got till the 21st before the sale ends anyways. :)
amund: Got very excited when I saw Dragon Age on GOG, there hasn't been a good RPG since this game so should play it again soon.
I have to ask, do you really mean that?
Whatever problem was stopping them from appearing in the Popular list has been resolved - they are (at the time of this post) the top three! :o
amund: Got very excited when I saw Dragon Age on GOG, there hasn't been a good RPG since this game so should play it again soon.
Nirth: I have to ask, do you really mean that?
If Dragon Age does something very specific that they need to have fun I can see why that's their opinion. That said, I'm having a hard time thinking of what that would be.
Deadspace 1 SHHWWEEEET!

Now I am waiting for the C&C complete set and medal of honor airborne and I am complete <3
SimCity 3000 ?!?!?!?! Awesome, instabought! I'll probably pick up Dragon Age: Origins somewhere down the line as well to replace my Origin copy of the game. So good to see these brilliant games, DRM free, on Gog!!! And god to see EA releasing games on Gog again, here's to more to come (hopefully)! :-) Hoping that EA can one day be convinced to put the older The Sims games on Gog, would love to have those here too.
Corwim: SimCity 3000 ?!?!?!?! Awesome, instabought! I'll probably pick up Dragon Age: Origins somewhere down the line as well to replace my Origin copy of the game. So good to see these brilliant games, DRM free, on Gog!!! And god to see EA releasing games on Gog again, here's to more to come (hopefully)! :-) Hoping that EA can one day be convinced to put the older The Sims games on Gog, would love to have those here too.
Sims 2 and 3 would be very welcome here but more leaning on sims 2 due to how much freedom you have :D
Nirth: I have to ask, do you really mean that?
Yep, sure do. Dragon Age don't have a deep story, the story is pretty much straightforward but the people you meet and areas you explore I think is great, it has a interesting world that made me want to learn more about it. Really enjoyed listening to the companions chatting, it's just simply a game I liked a lot. In my opinion I think it's good at what it is, don't know if you have played it or not so don't want to spoil anything but it doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before but it was put together nicely. Only complaint I had when I was playing it was it felt too short, might be little longer now because this version comes with DLCs that I didn't have when I played it.

Opinions are of course very subjective but compared to Divinity Original Sin that I'm playing right now I find Dragon Age Origins much better in many ways. I usually like my games linear, it often makes me feel that the quests you do actually matter.