It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition — the birth of a universe. A complex, extensive universe of raw fantasy and imperfection which spawned countless works reaching far beyond gaming - from graphic novels and novelizations through tabletop games and more. The Dragon Age universe is among the most ambitious fantasy settings ever created, and if you'd like to get more acquainted with the universe, turn up the fantastic soundtrack and take a look at the comprehensive guide to Dragon Age by Kotaku.

Dead Space is a glance at a gritty, hard sci-fi world in a state of irreversible disrepair. This is a game where the horrors lurking around the corner are just as disturbing as ghosts of the past. The glimpses are few, but they meticulously paint a vivid world of dark, scientific wonders and despair – a world you barely know, but a world nonetheless worth saving. A world you will remember. Check out the animated comic prologue available here, as well as the OST on Spotify.

SimCity 3000™ Unlimited is more than the sum of its parts. It's neither the biggest nor the most elaborate in the series, but it's success lies in balancing complexity and accessibility to deliver truly exceptional and welcoming gameplay. It doesn't hurt that you'll spend countless hours listening to a wonderfully jazzy soundtrack (also on Spotify!). Whether you succeed or stumble, one thing is certain: your stay in SimCity 3000 will be… nice.

Experience three pillars of game design by Electronic Arts – the marvelous worlds, unforgettable storytelling, exceptional gameplay – <span class="bold">Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>, <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, and <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
Great stuff, a chance to play Dead Space, yay...nice one gog.
MY WORD! These are 2 acronyms I never thought I would live to see together: EA and DRM-free.
Seriously GOG, if you were an RPG character you would have like 18 Charisma and 100% Persuade skill! How did you MANAGE the feat of talking this company into relinquishing their most precious possession, the DRM?!?!

You are simply THE BEST there is GOG. THE very, very, very best.

PS: And you also rolled a natural 20.
d(^-^)b
By looking at the (german) wiki article about EA I just found out that there are a few games of EA already are at GoG. Like the LBA games and the Starflight games.
Languages:
Audio and text: Deutsch, English, español, français, italiano, русский. Text only: český, magyar, polski
Bonus. I vaguely recall owning a version of Dead Space on Origin for some ludicrous reason and the only languages available to me (at the time) were German and ... French. Wonder whether they've since changed that over there.

Other than that, I yelled at my screen when I saw this. I don't normally yell at my screen for any reason other than irrational anger, so, well done.
tinyE: THREE QUICK THINGS :P

1) I am really sorry to the forum for my tantrum. I turned into every asshole I give shit to. That was way inexcusable by me.

2) It's working now Thiev, thanks, and I'm going to check out DonwloadThemAll just to be safe.

3) Finally. Everyone says SimCity3000 is the best in the series. Why?
Matewis: My input on 3.) I think that overall 4 is the best. 3000 does have neighbouring cities right from the start though, with funny looking mayors that periodically contact you. That's the one thing I missed going from 3000 to 4. Other than that, 3000 has a more cartoony and fun art style, if you like that sort of thing, compared to 4 that went for a photo realism look.

I can't wait to give 3000 another go! I just hope there's enough how-to's out there to get the thing to run widescreen if at all possible.
I actually prefer 2000 over all other Sim Cities. Would be nice with a bigger map at times, and connecting to other cities more properly, or making more cities, but the game itself is the best in the series in my opinion.
mecharma: Praise the Sun!

...wait, what?
no dude.

don't do that.

you will make me cry. :P

[i very much doubt you'll ever, ever get dark souls here, but i would instantly buy that.]
woah! that was unexpected! Nice deal! Guess we well never know if EA was forthcoming or if the EA headquarters had to be raided be an army of GOGBears
deonast: Probably the number, 3000 is higher than 2000 so must be better right ;P
tinyE: Works for me!

I loved #4 because it was so much easier. You could put power plants way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, totally inaccessible, but they still did their job. :P
Hmm, now I'll be tempted to go play. I think I'll resist and go to bed. Not enough sleep lately makes me grumpy towards people who want me to do work.
I guess we could raise our hopes a tiny little bit for the first Mass Effect now.

(Perhaps also the Command & Conquer games?)
Good, good. It's cool to also see a non-leftover release (SimCity 3000). Hopefully, we'll get more of them, but I'll also be happy with Crysis+Crysis Warhead.
ShadowWulfe: Congrats to GOG. Maybe Mirror's Edge next?
Mirror's Edge (and The Saboteur) had support pages, just a matter of time until we see these games on gog.
tinyE: Download Paused?

WTF? Fix your downloader!
omega64: Galaxy or GOG downloader?
Downloader isn't officially supported anymore. :P
Dead Space is 20 USD on Steam and GOG for me. What are the prices in the Netherlands?
LeonKillsAshley: Dead Space is 20 USD on Steam and GOG for me. What are the prices in the Netherlands?
10 for 1, 10 for 2.
20 euros for both combined.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by omega64
Maxvorstadt: By looking at the (german) wiki article about EA I just found out that there are a few games of EA already are at GoG. Like the LBA games and the Starflight games.
2 things:
1) EA has nothing to do with the LBA games anymore.
2) There are more than a few EA games here:
https://www.gog.com/games?devpub=electronic_arts&amp;sort=bestselling&amp;page=1
Excellent additions GOG, great work!

I already own DS and DAO but I may rebuy the latter on a good discount since I do not have the ultimate edition in Origin.