It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition — the birth of a universe. A complex, extensive universe of raw fantasy and imperfection which spawned countless works reaching far beyond gaming - from graphic novels and novelizations through tabletop games and more. The Dragon Age universe is among the most ambitious fantasy settings ever created, and if you'd like to get more acquainted with the universe, turn up the fantastic soundtrack and take a look at the comprehensive guide to Dragon Age by Kotaku.

Dead Space is a glance at a gritty, hard sci-fi world in a state of irreversible disrepair. This is a game where the horrors lurking around the corner are just as disturbing as ghosts of the past. The glimpses are few, but they meticulously paint a vivid world of dark, scientific wonders and despair – a world you barely know, but a world nonetheless worth saving. A world you will remember. Check out the animated comic prologue available here, as well as the OST on Spotify.

SimCity 3000™ Unlimited is more than the sum of its parts. It's neither the biggest nor the most elaborate in the series, but it's success lies in balancing complexity and accessibility to deliver truly exceptional and welcoming gameplay. It doesn't hurt that you'll spend countless hours listening to a wonderfully jazzy soundtrack (also on Spotify!). Whether you succeed or stumble, one thing is certain: your stay in SimCity 3000 will be… nice.

Experience three pillars of game design by Electronic Arts – the marvelous worlds, unforgettable storytelling, exceptional gameplay – <span class="bold">Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>, <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, and <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
Tyrrhia: Ah, that explains why they're not showing on the Popular tab on the main page. I was really starting to wonder if they sold that poorly. But yeah, just a bug.
acute71: According to GOG support it is not a bug :( . I hope these titles do well in the end. Otherwise I fear we will not get many EA blockbusters anymore.
That's really weird. I figured it'd be halfway up the catalog by now and have sold at least a few thousand copies. :P

Oh well, not much we can do; if people don't want GOG versions, they don't want 'em (though as you suggested I wouldn't blame EA for not bringing more games here unfortunately).
tfishell: That's really weird. I figured it'd be halfway up the catalog by now and have sold at least a few thousand copies. :P

Oh well, not much we can do; if people don't want GOG versions, they don't want 'em (though as you suggested I wouldn't blame EA for not bringing more games here unfortunately).
I hope we'll at least get Mirror's Edge and The Saboteur.
Those are the only ones I'm interested in rebuying right now. :P
Not counting on ever getting the Origin only games here.
acute71: According to GOG support it is not a bug :( . I hope these titles do well in the end. Otherwise I fear we will not get many EA blockbusters anymore.
So does that mean DA:O sells worse than unreleased games? o_O
Post edited July 15, 2016 by Vitek
tfishell: That's really weird. I figured it'd be halfway up the catalog by now and have sold at least a few thousand copies. :P

omega64: I hope we'll at least get Mirror's Edge and The Saboteur.
Those are the only ones I'm interested in rebuying right now. :P
Not counting on ever getting the Origin only games here.
Yeah I think we can only count on getting games that are already on Steam and perhaps (hopefully) some more old games that EA wants GOG to tweak and test.

I remain disappointed that there's been no evidence of Mass Effect 1 (and to a lesser extent ME2) because those have thousands of votes and are already on Steam. Maybe they'll be used to hype Andromeda?
Unbelievable to see these EA games actually selling with no DRM.

Did someone from GOG use max charm or something?
tfishell: I remain disappointed that there's been no evidence of Mass Effect 1 (and to a lesser extent ME2) because those have thousands of votes and are already on Steam. Maybe they'll be used to hype Andromeda?
Oh right Andromeda, still haven't played 3 or replayed 2 due to those stupid Bioware points.
I want the dlc but refuse to pay that much for it. :l
omega64: I want the dlc but refuse to pay that much for it. :l
Add to it that they increased the price by 25% for europeans at the start of the year .... though before that I spent 40-45 euros to get the important DLCs(missing Omega and Citadel from ME3 but those feel like fanservice) ...
Nice, will buy 2/3.
Thanks a lot GoG and Electronics!
Brings memories back. I have almost lost a gf because of SC 3000 back in 1999, she used to play it a lot ; )
BRAVO GOG, well played! Bought all 3 immediately!
Great news. Who knew that EA would end up being one of gog's biggest DRM-free partners?

Never played any of the Dead Space games. Grabbed DS and gonna give it a go.
Nice release, very unexpected. I will buy DA:O and wishlist the other two. Hopefully this will mean more releases like Mass Effect, American McGee's Alice, Sims 1 + 2 and some Madden games.

EDIT: Also Crysis Maximum Edition and Burnout: Paradise.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by thebream
tfishell: I remain disappointed that there's been no evidence of Mass Effect 1 (and to a lesser extent ME2) because those have thousands of votes and are already on Steam.
Don't be; I believe ME will come here eventually. Dragon Age Origins & Dead Space will sell well here because they are great games and by the way, the price offered right now is great for the quality of these games, especially DA:O. I don't see why EA wouldn't want to sell Mass Effect and get some more cash.

Still disappointed? Dragon Age Origins includes some Mass Effect easter eggs. *Mass Effect Confirmed!!!* :P
haydenaurion: How long are they on sale? It doesn't say in the post.
The 60% launch discount will last until July 21, 12:59 PM UTC.
haydenaurion: How long are they on sale? It doesn't say in the post.
pacciulli: The 60% launch discount will last until July 21, 12:59 PM UTC.
Much thanks, already grabbed them.