It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Drikzin: The Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter is up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806010995/aquanox-deep-descent?ref=discovery
IAmSinistar: Looks really nice, glad to see this series returning. I'm a bit sick of having to explicitly ask the devs about DRM-free status though. ~_~
For me it's platform. It surprises me how many campaigns don't mention what platforms it will be available on. Or the ones that just generically say "available on steam"
So, there is an interesting new player in the crowdfunding arena.

Modern video game legends Tim Schafer, Brian Fargo and Feargus Urquhart have allied together to create Fig, a crowdfunding website exclusively for video games. In addition to the standard processes we are familiar with on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, Fig also allows for actual investment options where backers of a certain amount or higher can actually own a piece of the game's future profits.

It will be up to the individual developers whether to offer that, but it is certainly an interesting addition that is sure to attract a new breed of backer. Additionally, game projects will be curated by the trio and their team to hopefully reduce the likelihood of shady projects. This means they will also be supporting the projects that raise money there with advice, marketing and other resources.

There is a very interesting piece on that describes the new venture in further detail and also allows you to learn about the service straight from the mouths of these accomplished developers. Will this change the face of video game crowdfunding? There's no way to tell just yet, but the potential is certainly there. Check out their first project, <span class="bold">Outer Wilds</span>, by visiting their [url=https://www.fig.co/]website.
Will aquanox sequel appear on gog?
Nevermind.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by ashwald
Here's the response I received on a DRM-free version of Aquanox Deep Descent:

thanks for your interest in our project! Our goal is to make Aquanox available to as many people as possible and we aim to deliver a version that doesn't rely on platform services – so a DRM free version. However we can't promise that for sure at this stage; but if you look at the Nordic Games project history with GOG you'll see they are big supporters of DRM free versions!

So it's a probability, but not a certainty. I would expect it would probably land on GOG, but with Nordic I can't be positive. Unless they want to speak out here themselves.
samlii: GRIP

Futuristic combat racer with lots of speed lots of power ups and looks to be a lot of fun.

By some of the same guys who did the Rollcage games. Status unknown on Linux and DRM-Free stances. Have asked, will update.
Well the answer I got is not as well as hoped.

Although we don't have plans to announce a Linux version during the Kickstarter, it's still possible down the line, depend on funding and ease of compatibility.

As for DRM-free, our physical PC copy is DRM-free, but the digitial is Steam. We're still in discussion about further options.
So it seems nothing is set in stone either way. Any helpful ideas of how to convince them?
The folks behind The Universim are taking the project to Fundable in order to try to make the game bigger and sooner. Read about it here. (It's not a second crowd-backing move, it's more for angel investors.)
IAmSinistar: So it's a probability, but not a certainty. I would expect it would probably land on GOG, but with Nordic I can't be positive. Unless they want to speak out here themselves.
Probability increased.
IAmSinistar: So it's a probability, but not a certainty. I would expect it would probably land on GOG, but with Nordic I can't be positive. Unless they want to speak out here themselves.
Gydion: Probability increased.
So now it is up to GoG to approve?
Gnostic: So now it is up to GoG to approve?
ThomNG didn't mention a GOG release and the AquaNox forum is a good place to post about the kickstarter...
Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">Devastated Dreams</span> - The creator of Neverending Nightmares gives us a new horror game dealing with the fears of parenthood.
Bummer that Devastated Dreams did not make funding; it seem(ed/s) promising... the developer appears to be taking it hard but hopefully can regroup and proceed somehow.
Aquanox Deep Descent
Re-imagine Aquanox with us! Pilot customized fighter ships, explore a deep sea dystopia torn by the struggle for resources & survival!
We, the Aquanox Development team, consisting of Digital Arrow and Nordic Games, want to bring back the Aquanox-series. We have a joint vision on how to re-imagine the unique underwater gameplay of Aquanox and you can help us shape that vision. With your help we can create a game unlike any other out there, and you can truly impact the development of the game early on!
Edit:
Looks like they take the FPS-route like in Aquanox 1 + 2 which I never really liked. I always preferred the more realistic ship-physics of Archimedean Dynasty.
Post edited August 19, 2015 by viperfdl
Thanks for the heads-up, I've posted the question to the source in that thread now. We'll see what they come back with.
Rogue Invader

In Rogue Invader you are the invader attacking the alien horde in this genre-flipping rogue-like shooter. Game-play is smooth and resembles old-school isometric games, with modern touches and HD graphics. It releases on PC / Mac / Linux in late Fall 2015.

Stylish monochrome game with some interesting play mechanics. Seems like it will probably be DRM-free, but I've asked to be certain.
Trial by Viking

An epic side-scrolling adventure that combines the best of dungeon crawling and action platforming in the worlds of the Norse gods

Looks great, the tier prices are very good, and it's confirmed DRM-free.