It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Follow-up on Bootleg Systems, the dev has confirmed that a DRM-free version will be available.
gandalfnho: A single-player, story driven action RPG set in a Space Western universe:
Exoplanet: First Contact
Exoplanet looks good. Just put the word RPG anywhere in a sentence and my attention will be caught like a fly in a web. XD
Very nice indeed. Totally backed! I hope they will make it.

gandalfnho: A single-player, story driven action RPG set in a Space Western universe:
Exoplanet: First Contact
IAmSinistar: Looks good, and hurrah for DRM-free! Plus a decent amount of content for the low-tiers. Backed!

Meanwhile, another game is up:

Bootleg Systems

A 1980s retro-futuristic first-person shooter and platformer for PC, Mac, and Linux.

I've sent a question to the dev about DRM status of this one.
Gnostic: CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria, a Sandbox FPS,RTS,RPG game

CivCraft - Legends of Ellaria is a first person adventure and Role Playing Game where you can build your own kingdom and fight epic battles. The world around you changes depending on your decisions, and it's up to you to choose how to rule your kingdom. You can command armies and build cities in a Real Time Strategy mode, or stay in the First Person Shooter mode and explore the vast and immersive open world by yourself.

Also DRM free committed.
ithilien827: This project deserves a lot of attention. It looks fantastic.
Yep, funded in 4 days and have 30 more days for the stretch goal.
Post edited August 14, 2015 by Gnostic
TStael: And here actual KS page for Mooncrest, intended as story driven fantasy RPG:
undeadcow: Bummer they just cancelled the funding on Mooncrest; "Sadly it’s a long way from what we needed to be successful. This past weekend, we came to the realization that we weren’t going to make it and we felt canceling was our best course of action... move forward with another Kickstarter once we’re ready."
Gääh! :'(

And now I feel really quite badly that I parked my pledge, as there seemed to be quite some time - as opposed to swooping down like Alistair's worst nightmare!!

I would guess this again emphasizes how media momentum, access thereof, is über-important - and how small / independent / indie developers are at a major handicap.

But in view of ELEX (=Piranha Bytes latest project) and BG "1.5" (expansion to BG by Overhaul) - it's not all gloom in RPG department, hopefully. But this cancellations sucks big time!
Gnostic: Yep, funded in 4 days and have 30 more days for the stretch goal.
Technically, even their initial funding goal was a stretch goal. The game is already 95% done. They're just using Kickstarter as a pre-order platform / opportunity to add additional features. I know a lot of people have issues with developers who do this, but it doesn't really bother me. With how many video game projects I am and have backed, it's nice to get those few that come out sooner rather than later.
ithilien827: This project deserves a lot of attention. It looks fantastic.
Gnostic: Yep, funded in 4 days and have 30 more days for the stretch goal.
Damnit! You made me look, and now I've pledged! :P
GRIP

Futuristic combat racer with lots of speed lots of power ups and looks to be a lot of fun.

By some of the same guys who did the Rollcage games. Status unknown on Linux and DRM-Free stances. Have asked, will update.
Post edited August 15, 2015 by samlii
Phaidox: From the team behind Tormentum - speaking of which, why on Earth hasn't it been released on GOG yet?
genkicolleen: I should ask them! Where's that wishlist thread... Ah, found it!

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/tormentum_dark_sorrow

Only 154 votes? O_o C'mon people, we can do better than that! How am I supposed to (try to) talk the devs into releasing here with so few votes! ;D

Ooo, someone made a wishlist entry for Tsioque, too!

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/tsioque

Only 27 votes! :o
39 votes now, just voted...
the game does look like the old tenctacle and other old game styles in 2d like we started out with before 3d took over the game world, i had many old style games on c64, amiga500 amiga cd32, and now on PC
2d is my favorite.

i have annas quest , Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis,
edna and harvey (both games), deponia games, whispered world, brokensword games ( i like the 3d versions less)
runaway series and more classics.

Just downloaded the demo... so far 10 minutes playing and clicking till something happens,.
Post edited August 15, 2015 by gamesfreak64
Satellite Rush need some final push
Post edited August 18, 2015 by cyboff
Now, THIS is a campaign that really has potential!

<span class="bold">Judgement of Rage</span> - A 2-D side-scrolling beat-em-up game being made by Japanese animators and programmers.

Their goal is reasonable, but their higher-end reward tiers are quite pricey. Their campaign video is AMAZING, but the actual campaign page is a little bare. The staff's pedigree is impressive as well. They're aiming for release on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. I have a message out to them asking about DRM, so I'll let you know once I hear something. I have a feeling this campaign will have a tough time finding its audience, but as a person who grew up playing TMNT: The Arcade Game, Streets of Rage and Guardian Heroes, there's no way I could resist backing the project. What do you folks think?

EDIT: The game will be DRM-Free. The developer confirmed as such in a response to a message I sent them.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by Tekkaman-James
Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">Judgement of Rage</span> - A 2-D side-scrolling beat-em-up game being made by Japanese animators and programmers.
Looks sweet, and definitely gives that beloved Streets of Rage vibe. Will depend on the DRM answer as to whether I back it.
The Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter is up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806010995/aquanox-deep-descent?ref=discovery
Tekkaman-James: <span class="bold">Judgement of Rage</span> - A 2-D side-scrolling beat-em-up game being made by Japanese animators and programmers.
IAmSinistar: Looks sweet, and definitely gives that beloved Streets of Rage vibe. Will depend on the DRM answer as to whether I back it.
I have heard back from the developer and the game will indeed be DRM-Free. They didn't specifically mention it because they thought it was a common practice. Their assumption might turn a few wary backers away, but I love where their heart is. It's refreshing to see a Japanese developer share our mindset.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by Tekkaman-James
Drikzin: The Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter is up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806010995/aquanox-deep-descent?ref=discovery
Looks really nice, glad to see this series returning. I'm a bit sick of having to explicitly ask the devs about DRM-free status though. ~_~