It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, all!

The November edition of my monthly Kickstarter videogame series on Geeks World Wide is now online! A few games that have been shared here are included, but there are a few that have not been showcased here yet. Give them a look and let me know what you think!
Tekkaman-James: Give them a look and let me know what you think!
I think Asylopole is a very unique idea.
mm324: [snip]
Indeed! Initially, I was a little leery that a small team could pull off such grand feats. However, after seeing the claymation campaign video and the assortment of gifs showcasing the rotoscoping animation, it definitely seems like they could pull this off with enough funding. I am very interested to see how their project develops and if they share any extra tidbits over the course of the campaign.
Never heard about this Italian crowdfunding platform, but game looks interesting.

<span class="bold">Detective Gallo</span>

Detective Gallo is a comedy-noir adventure, with Disney-style graphics and traditional point&click soul!
muntdefems: The absence of a promise of a DRM-free, Steam-free version is the only thing preventing me from throwing my money in their general direction. :D
Painted_Doll: Why don't you ask them about a Gog version ?
I asked them about a GOG (or Humble, or itch.io) version for backers, but haven't replied yet.

In fact, despite raising more than 33k€ from more than 1,000 backers in the first day, no one from the creators have bothered to write a campaign update (as many others do, after a highly successful first day), or even to leave a brief message in the comments section.

I'd hate to be right, but after taking a closer look at it, this campaign is starting to look fishy to me... The description mentions a prototype made during a game jam that is allegedly downloadable somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. Plus, everywhere you look (Kickstarter, Steam Greenlight, the game's 'official website') you'll find the same exact few screenshots and animated gifs... :\
muntdefems: I'd hate to be right, but after taking a closer look at it, this campaign is starting to look fishy to me... The description mentions a prototype made during a game jam that is allegedly downloadable somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. Plus, everywhere you look (Kickstarter, Steam Greenlight, the game's 'official website') you'll find the same exact few screenshots and animated gifs... :\
I've looked around a little, and the first (German) website I found regarding the subject mentions that the original (?) name is "Schiaffi & Fagioli", (slaps and beans in Italian), which is what one should look for...
I did just that, and found this here link: https://lochiamavanotriniteam.itch.io/schiaffifagioli , where there is an actual demo to play.

There's a big disclaimer ("This is not an official "They Call Me Trinity" and "Bud Spencer" and "Terence Hill" product.[...]", the linked facebookaccount however does link to the official kickstarter...
Make of that what you will, I just thought I'd put the info out there ;)

ETA: Checking out youtube also provides a couple of videos with gameplay footage from the demo, such as this one here.
Post edited October 30, 2016 by WildHobgoblin
WildHobgoblin: ...
Yep, you're right. Guess they forgot to add the link to the demo in the campaign description. And, now I've realized that the official Bud Spencer website does link to this Kickstarter campaign, so it must be legit after all.

And they have at last posted an update, even if it's an extremely brief one.
Eisenwald: Blood of November released today. This is definitely the fastest shipped Kickstarter game that I've ever backed!

Also, a Kickstarter campaign just launched for a game called "Back From Hell".

"Back From Hell is a CRPG Puzzle/Adventure game set in two worlds, a 15th Century Spanish hilltop town and a journey to the depths of Hell and back again. It merges classic computer role playing game mechanics with point & click adventure style exploration, challenging environmental puzzles in the vein of MYST and like Planescape: Torment the narrative is formed by the choices you make and the consequences of your deeds."

Note: while the reward tiers only explicitly mention a Steam key, the campaign page does mention a DRM-free version. I brought up this question in the comments and developer expressed interest in releasing the game on GOG. If it doesn't release here, he'll figure out some other option for those who don't want a Steam version.

Also created a GOG wishlist entry.
<span class="bold">Daedalus</span>

Daedalus – a thriller adventure hard sci-fi video game taking place in 2112 aboard the space station orbiting Venus.
triock: <span class="bold">Daedalus</span>

Daedalus – a thriller adventure hard sci-fi video game taking place in 2112 aboard the space station orbiting Venus.
Inspired by Solaris, that's a plus to me. And they offer a GOG key to backers. The question is, will GOG? :)
Their initial goal is the exact amount of money that the <span class="bold">Potato Salad</span> Kickstarter project raised. I love their mentality that, "If we can't raise at least as much money as a campaign just to watch a guy make and eat potato salad, then we must be doing something wrong."
Hard to argue with that. ^_^

EDIT: Yikes. You might want to check out the comments section. It would seem this team has a previous Kickstarter that they have yet to deliver. Some people are quite mad that they started this new campaign in the midst of the other game's development. This is always an unfortunate situation even if it turns out to be innocent. Even Keiji Inafune isn't immune to this unspoken rule.
Post edited November 02, 2016 by Tekkaman-James
Tekkaman-James: EDIT: Yikes. You might want to check out the comments section. It would seem this team has a previous Kickstarter that they have yet to deliver. Some people are quite mad that they started this new campaign in the midst of the other game's development. This is always an unfortunate situation even if it turns out to be innocent. Even Keiji Inafune isn't immune to this unspoken rule.
Gah. And the game is episodic, which is the kiss of death for backing for me. Gonna hafta pass.
<span class="bold">A Little Less Desperation</span>

A classic point and click adventure game about Jacob, the last guy you'd abduct if you were an alien from outer space.
Painted_Doll: Why don't you ask them about a Gog version ?
muntdefems: I asked them about a GOG (or Humble, or itch.io) version for backers, but haven't replied yet.
They have finally replied:
Hi, sorry for the delay.. at the moment our first target is Steam! But we are evaluating GOG too!
Thank you for your support!
Make of that what you will...
<span class="bold">Legrand Legacy &ndash; An Homage to the JRPG Classics (PC)</span>

In a chaotic world torn apart by civil war, and threatened by an otherworldly invasion, six unlikely heroes have come together. You play as Finn, a reluctant leader, who soon discovers that the true peril to their universe lies within themselves.