It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

German-speaking folks, isn't this title pronounced a bit like "demolished"?

If so and if I haven't missed it, there totally should be some kind of Easter egg or game mode or something acknowledging that. :P
muntdefems: But it's becoming increasingly tiresome to have to ask for clarifications about what do they exactly mean by 'PC': do they really mean 'only Windows' (as in the demo)? Do they really mean 'personal computer' (in contraposition to consoles and mobile devices, as per their own words), so we can expect a Mac and Linux build? Who knows?
Agreed. I believe it's Windows-only, but aren't positive.
Project Blue: A Space Telescope to Find Another Earth needs some pledges. Not a game project.
muntdefems: what do they exactly mean by 'PC': do they really mean 'only Windows' (as in the demo)?
Going back to Apple's classic "I'm a Mac" and "I'm a PC" ad campaign, I believe popular vernacular infers that the term PC means Windows-based computers. That is, of course, not what the letters stand for, but I've seen more than enough "Available for PC, Mac and Linux" phrasing thrown around over the years to know that the true meaning doesn't matter anymore.
Tekkaman-James: Going back to Apple's classic "I'm a Mac" and "I'm a PC" ad campaign, I believe popular vernacular infers that the term PC means Windows-based computers. That is, of course, not what the letters stand for, but I've seen more than enough "Available for PC, Mac and Linux" phrasing thrown around over the years to know that the true meaning doesn't matter anymore.
Yeah, I know, and the fact that Steam uses these exact terms to refer to the OSes it is available for doesn't help matters in any way. But not every Kickstarter campaign that uses the term 'PC' to describe its target platforms is always using it as a synonym for 'Windows', so it's always worth asking them if one's minimally interested in the game in question. But one can only do it so many times before giving up and not caring for ambiguous crowdfunding campaigns...
muntdefems: [snip]
Can't argue with that! ^_^
high rated
muntdefems: But it's becoming increasingly tiresome to have to ask for clarifications about what do they exactly mean by 'PC': do they really mean 'only Windows' (as in the demo)? Do they really mean 'personal computer' (in contraposition to consoles and mobile devices, as per their own words), so we can expect a Mac and Linux build? Who knows?
IAmSinistar: Agreed. I believe it's Windows-only, but aren't positive.
Hi everyone, I'm the creator of Dämmerlicht,
I came to apologize about the little misunderstanding.
(I just updated the kickstarter page)

By Pc I do include windows,mac,linux.

Thing is I never made a linux nor mac game, plus I'm not really used to those 2 platforms.
I'll do everything I can to make the game the most accessible I can, but if you do
use one of those 2 platforms, you may want to wait for some more information before pledging.

Hope this clears the little misunderstanding.

Thank you sinistar for sharing my game and everyone really :)
RTTStudio: Thank you sinistar for sharing my game and everyone really :)
And thank you for the clarification! I certainly wish you all the best in reaching your funding goal and beyond!
RTTStudio: By Pc I do include windows,mac,linux.
Thanks for the info, and also for coming to GOG to post about it! I'm always heartened by devs who take part in the community. :)
Tyrrhia: German-speaking folks, isn't this title pronounced a bit like "demolished"?

If so and if I haven't missed it, there totally should be some kind of Easter egg or game mode or something acknowledging that. :P
Indeed (that is, if you have a heavy Saxonian dialect, at least :) "A Tännschen please" and all that... ).
Since the dev is around, maybe he'll take you up on your suggestion.
RTTStudio: By Pc I do include windows,mac,linux.

Thing is I never made a linux nor mac game, plus I'm not really used to those 2 platforms.
I'll do everything I can to make the game the most accessible I can, but if you do
use one of those 2 platforms, you may want to wait for some more information before pledging.
Thanks for stopping by and clarifying things, and more so for trying to release the game for all three OSs. And while experience and prudence tells me to wait for further confirmation, I think I'll back your project nonetheless (at least at one of the lowest tiers). :)
IAmSinistar: Agreed. I believe it's Windows-only, but aren't positive.
RTTStudio: Hi everyone, I'm the creator of Dämmerlicht,
I came to apologize about the little misunderstanding.
(I just updated the kickstarter page)

By Pc I do include windows,mac,linux.

Hope this clears the little misunderstanding.

Thank you sinistar for sharing my game and everyone really :)
Hi guys! Big hello from the Legrand Legacy team. Good luck on your Kickstarter!
This might have been mentioned, but search brings up nothing, so apologies if this is a double post.

The guy who made DoomRL is working on a new turn-based sci-fi roguelike called <span class="bold">Jupiter Hell</span>.

It's worth checking out. They are promising a DRM-free version, and are supporting Windows, OSX and Linux.
Post edited December 02, 2016 by jorg11
Tyrrhia: German-speaking folks, isn't this title pronounced a bit like "demolished"?

WildHobgoblin: Indeed (that is, if you have a heavy Saxonian dialect, at least :) "A Tännschen please" and all that... ).
Yay! Though I checked what it meant and (according to Google Translate) it means "dusk," so it seems it was just a coincidence.

It's interesting how modular the German language is: "Dämmer" means "dawn" and "Licht" means "light"; "dawn" + "light" = "dusk." I find that really fascinating. ^_^
WildHobgoblin: Indeed (that is, if you have a heavy Saxonian dialect, at least :) "A Tännschen please" and all that... ).
Tyrrhia: Yay! Though I checked what it meant and (according to Google Translate) it means "dusk," so it seems it was just a coincidence.

It's interesting how modular the German language is: "Dämmer" means "dawn" and "Licht" means "light"; "dawn" + "light" = "dusk." I find that really fascinating. ^_^
Never heard/read "Dämmer" used on its own until now :P
But thats maybe because its a brigde. Abenddämmerung -> Dusk; Morgendämmerung -> Dawn; Dämmerlicht -> the dim light at dusk and dawn.

edit: twilight?
Post edited December 02, 2016 by anothername