It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ejiki: Now they started campaign at too! (I'm unsure - is it legit to collect funds at two sites at a time?) <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/crowdfunding_projects_kickstarter_indiegogo_etc_worth_taking_note_of/post1996" class="link_arrow"></a></div> Thanks for the update. [url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1988474932/foxtail/comments]Looks like you're not alone in that question. It concerns me a little too. It probably doesn't help that the person behind it looks and sounds like one of those Hot Russian Girls scams I get, though I don't really think this is the case here. But I agree with the commenters that she should shutter the IGG campaign and properly flesh out the KS one.
This is not directly videogame related, but there are 9 days left for C64 game music legend Jeroen Tel's IndieGogo campaign for his C64 music game remakes album, Tel Me More.

He was considered one of the greatest musicians on the C64, along with people like Rob Hubbard and Matt Gray.
Anyone who's played games on a C64 will most likely know some of his work.

Also, note the Funding goal amount - people who are familiar with the C64 will probably appreciate the reference :)
Post edited August 01, 2015 by skimmie
IAmSinistar: Thanks for the update. Looks like you're not alone in that question. It concerns me a little too. It probably doesn't help that the person behind it looks and sounds like one of those Hot Russian Girls scams I get, though I don't really think this is the case here. But I agree with the commenters that she should shutter the IGG campaign and properly flesh out the KS one.
Well, developers promised that all who backed on indiegogo would get promised rewards anyway, so probably this is not a problem. But I still wonder, why they started indiegogo campaign at all, if kickstarter was in plans.
ejiki: Well, developers promised that all who backed on indiegogo would get promised rewards anyway, so probably this is not a problem. But I still wonder, why they started indiegogo campaign at all, if kickstarter was in plans.
It seems like they expected the IGG campaign to go great, and when it didn't they switched to the better-known KS platform. I don't know the behind-the-scenes differences of the two, but I have to assume there was something about the IGG terms that appealed to them more. But that's sheer speculation.
ejiki: Well, developers promised that all who backed on indiegogo would get promised rewards anyway, so probably this is not a problem. But I still wonder, why they started indiegogo campaign at all, if kickstarter was in plans.
IAmSinistar: It seems like they expected the IGG campaign to go great, and when it didn't they switched to the better-known KS platform. I don't know the behind-the-scenes differences of the two, but I have to assume there was something about the IGG terms that appealed to them more. But that's sheer speculation.
I'm guessing it would be the flexible funding, which IndieGogo offers as an option and KS, as far as I know, doesn't.
skimmie: I'm guessing it would be the flexible funding, which IndieGogo offers as an option and KS, as far as I know, doesn't.
That would make sense indeed, thanks!
IAmSinistar: [snip]
skimmie: [snip]
According to what the dev has stated in the comments section of the KS campaign, it seems that they went with IndieGoGo originally because the fees are lower than Kickstarter. (Of course, an IndieGoGo campaign doesn't have to use the Flexible Funding option, but since they did, that obviously factored into their decision as well.) The switch to Kickstarter was due to comments from the community that most people don't like the Flexible Funding option. However, they haven't closed their IGG page, so what's really going on has yet to be disclosed by the devs.

I'll be waiting to see how things develop before I decide to give them any money. Which is a shame as the game looks really nice.
Tekkaman-James: According to what the dev has stated in the comments section of the KS campaign, it seems that they went with IndieGoGo originally because the fees are lower than Kickstarter. (Of course, an IndieGoGo campaign doesn't have to use the Flexible Funding option, but since they did, that obviously factored into their decision as well.) The switch to Kickstarter was due to comments from the community that most people don't like the Flexible Funding option. However, they haven't closed their IGG page, so what's really going on has yet to be disclosed by the devs.

I'll be waiting to see how things develop before I decide to give them any money. Which is a shame as the game looks really nice.
Good info, thanks mate. I am leery of backing at this stage as well. Under other circumstances it would have been an instant back, but now it remains to be seen where the devs are going with this effort.
Mooncrest: Former BioWare devs fuse story &amp; tactical action

A story driven, fantasy RPG from veteran BioWare designers with over 20 years combined AAA experience.

After generations of peace, whispers of an ominous threat are heard on the streets of Mooncrest. Can a mismatched pair of heroines overcome the challenges of their enemies and each other or will all end in ruin?
viperfdl: Mooncrest: Former BioWare devs fuse story &amp; tactical action

A story driven, fantasy RPG from veteran BioWare designers with over 20 years combined AAA experience.
viperfdl:

After generations of peace, whispers of an ominous threat are heard on the streets of Mooncrest. Can a mismatched pair of heroines overcome the challenges of their enemies and each other or will all end in ruin?
viperfdl:
I just got an e-mail from these guys after asking them about an DRM-free option and they had this to say:

"We are in talks with GOG already. I feel confident we will launch with GOG and Steam download options."
Oh well, I guess it's not like I need food or anything ...
A stealth action game set in a fresh sci-fi universe, inspired by Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex series:
Dark Storm: Ascension
gandalfnho: A stealth action game set in a fresh sci-fi universe, inspired by Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex series:
Do not bring the DX name in vain.
gandalfnho: A stealth action game set in a fresh sci-fi universe, inspired by Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex series:
P1na: Do not bring the DX name in vain.
Yeah, or else Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn might just show up to tell ya that they've got two words for ya...SUCK IT!

Wait, you were talking about DX as in Degeneration X, right?
I liked the old bioware games.
For old time sake I will back mooncrest.