It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Atlantico: I don't see any problem with Brexit except for the name. It's a stupid name.

Other than that, fine. The UK voters have spoken and a majority wants out of the EU. That's not a problem. That's fine. Whether or not people were sufficiently informed when they voted in the referendum, is neither here nor there. There is no requirement for any voter ever to be informed.
That claim is the same one political elitists trot out after every election here in the states. I don't buy it.
Trilarion: I'm amazed at the lack of any plan from the supporters of the leave campaign. I thought they would have discussed how to leave the EU while preparing the referendum. It seems they have no real plan except that someday, maybe, who knows... (The bizarre speech of Johnson was everything but a victory speech. Crazy.) And what did voters actually vote on? Wasn't there any idea what leave would actually mean? How can people vote for something if they do not know what it will include - at least a time frame and a set of goals to achieve as well as a team to do that?
adaliabooks: This is the other thing that bugs me. You've been asking for this for years, and campaigning for it for at least a year. Why the hell does Boris not have something prepared for this eventuality?
It almost looks like it was all meant as a huge bluff and they're amazed that a) they won, and b) the EU hasn't gone 'Oh my god, please don't leave!'
And why would Boris want to put off invoking Article 50? Surely if leaving is such a good thing then he should be desperate for us to do it as soon as possible...
There's something not quite right about the whole thing.

Oh, and that story I mentioned earlier...
When it comes to Politics you can only be truly sure of one thing.
In 90 % of time they speak they are probably lying so that migth also be one of the reasons people voted leave.
People are just tired of bullshit plans.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by Lodium
immi101: not sure this thread is still about the Brexit :p
richlind33: If Boris Johnson is having buyer's regret, what's the likelihood that it will be carried through?

Minimal, in my estimation. And maybe, just maybe, the people will begin to see that their leaders aren't leaders at all, and never were.
i admit i feel totally at a loss about how this will turn out.

I think there is a good chance that it won't be a full blown Brexit. Meaning some of the promises to the voters won't be fulfilled, but at the same time the economical damage is minimized.

I am not sure the economical consequence so far were bad enough to simply go on and ignore the referendum. That would be a political suicide. Those 16m Leave-voters won't just disappear.
richlind33: If Boris Johnson is having buyer's regret, what's the likelihood that it will be carried through?

Minimal, in my estimation. And maybe, just maybe, the people will begin to see that their leaders aren't leaders at all, and never were.
immi101: i admit i feel totally at a loss about how this will turn out.

I think there is a good chance that it won't be a full blown Brexit. Meaning some of the promises to the voters won't be fulfilled, but at the same time the economical damage is minimized.

I am not sure the economical consequence so far were bad enough to simply go on and ignore the referendum. That would be a political suicide. Those 16m Leave-voters won't just disappear.
I think theres a vote up whos gonna stay or not in the uk parliment soon.
I dont know the full details how the english system works.
I have more than enough with my own contrys system and the laws from brussel.

There migth also be civil unrest if they choose to ignore the people.
people only have so much patience.
low rated
You know, in the midst of all the bullshit I've been hearing from Leave supporters (about supposedly no more Muslim immigration, supposedly no longer being subject to the ECHR, abstract accusations of corruption and an "unelected eurocracy"), and my complete lack of respect or sympathy for those idiots who regret their Leave votes (and complaining that the information was supposedly not available before the vote), I'm finding that I'm having the greatest respect for those who have openly admitted on Twitter, Facebook, on camera etc. that they didn't vote because they didn't understand the subject matter. The Socratic paradox perfectly manifest: true wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing.

My greatest contempt is with those people who voted just as a way to stick it to the "Establishment" for reasons that don't even have a fucking thing to do with the EU.
Gede: the way they write the time and date (MM/DD/YY? It may sound nice, but it does not make much sense).
adaliabooks: Eh... we don't do that.

We write the date like normal people (i.e. anyone not American) DD/MM/YY
25/06/16 for today.
It seems I was wrong. Thank you for correcting me.
I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea what happened. Would someone explain exactly what happened cause I am not getting much in terms of unbiased news here in Texas.
Rohan15: Would someone explain exactly what happened cause I am not getting much in terms of unbiased news here in Texas.
Donald Trump was voted President and he built a wall around the US.

That's why you're not getting much news.
Rohan15: I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea what happened. Would someone explain exactly what happened cause I am not getting much in terms of unbiased news here in Texas.
Britain had a (legally non-binding) referendum to leave the EU. It was characterised by a lot of mud-slinging and blatant lying and one political assassination. A slim majority of voters (51.9%) voted to leave. The shit has hit the fan with the pound collapsing and massively increased racist abuse. David Cameron has resigned, probably to be replaced by Boris Johnson, who initially wanted to stay in the EU, suddenly decided to switch his support to Leave, and now seems to be sitting in the middle of the see-saw again. People who voted Leave are suddenly pissed off that they were lied to and regret their vote, claiming that the information supposedly wasn't available. Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty - the treaty that governs the constitutional basis of the European Union - needs to be invoked for Britain to officially leave the EU. It was announced pre-vote to happen promptly after a Leave vote, now it's being delayed for reasons unknown.

I think that's about the crux of it.

tl;dr: Cameron stupidly put an existentially critical vote to direct democracy, British population treated it like they were voting their favourite popstar on X-Factor, Cameron dropped mic and walked off stage when the shit hit the fan.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by jamyskis
low rated
Rohan15: I'll be perfectly honest, I have no idea what happened. Would someone explain exactly what happened cause I am not getting much in terms of unbiased news here in Texas.
"Well first the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, and turned into oil. And then the Arabs came, and they bought Mercedes Benzs. And then Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes! I couldn't believe it! He took her best dresses out of the closet and just put them right on!"
Rohan15: Would someone explain exactly what happened cause I am not getting much in terms of unbiased news here in Texas.
Kleetus: Donald Trump was voted President and he built a wall around the US.

That's why you're not getting much news.
You forgot to call him Literally Hitler.
jamyskis: Stuff
Well then, that's ridiculous.
gamesfreak64: see attachment: setclock.png
Click change date and time, then "date and time settings"
You will see tabs for language and regional standards, in additional parameters
put in "Time" tab
Short time H:mm
Full time H:mm:ss
AM setbox - remove AM
PM - remove PM
adaliabooks: And why would Boris want to put off invoking Article 50? Surely if leaving is such a good thing then he should be desperate for us to do it as soon as possible...
well, to be fair, you could say that they have some sort of political crisis at their hands, with Cameron resigning and evidently no clear plan on how to build a new government.
It would make sense to first establish some sort of order and new leadership at home before triggering Article 50 and start dealing with the EU.

of course that doesn't explain why all the involved people pretty much vanished from the face of the earth after delivering their victory speech. it's rather ridiculous.
I have seen more speeches from German & EU politicians about how we proceed from here than I heard from the British.
adaliabooks: And why would Boris want to put off invoking Article 50? Surely if leaving is such a good thing then he should be desperate for us to do it as soon as possible...
immi101: well, to be fair, you could say that they have some sort of political crisis at their hands, with Cameron resigning and evidently no clear plan on how to build a new government.
It would make sense to first establish some sort of order and new leadership at home before triggering Article 50 and start dealing with the EU.

of course that doesn't explain why all the involved people pretty much vanished from the face of the earth after delivering their victory speech. it's rather ridiculous.
I have seen more speeches from German & EU politicians about how we proceed from here than I heard from the British.
They don't seem to be ready for prime time, do they? lol