It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: We've temporarily disabled the 3-D Secure authentication protocol as the implementation of new regulations has been delayed in some countries and not all banks yet support it. This way you shouldn't experience any inconveniences during debit and credit card payments.

We'd like to inform you that since today all card payments made in the GOG.COM store will be subject to a new 3-D Secure authentication protocol.

3-D Secure authentication requires additional confirmation of the transaction via your Bank's website or mobile app to prevent fraud in online credit and debit card payments. Thanks to this additional security measure, your personal data and money will be even safer than before.

In case of issues with completing your purchases with cards, please contact our Support team.
fronzelneekburm: A little follow-up question: Does gog use a third party to provide this 3D Secure (which acts as an intermediary between gog and the banks, if I understand the way this works correctly)?
emter_pl: Yes, debit and credit card payments are handled by a third-party payment provider. 3-D Secure is part of the payment process between this provider and your Bank.
well here are my 2 cents : has nothing to do with fraud and similar , cause that has always been and somehow will always exist its more of a good way to hide the real purpose of this. :D
tinyE: I just hope GOG realizes that, while this worked for me, this time, not everyone has a mobile phone, and this could really end up fucking them in the future.

I'm not about about to pack up everything I own and move just so I can purchase Fallout. :P
Since GOG is doing this as a response to EU law, they'd also have to pick up and move just so you could purchase Fallout. It's not their choice. I realize it's an issue for you, but it's not GOG's fault. Complain to the EU.
low rated
fizzywiz: I wonder how long it's going to take banks not in the EU to start using the 3 DI system...
well if the USA is doing it it is because of security ..... if EU starts it is because they might want a EUSA, one huge "country" like the USA is one President / Govt. which might not be all that bad but it looks too similar to some attempts in history albeit in a more civilised way.

Rome wanted to rule and many others aswell , it did not work which is good it failed.
emter_pl: Yes, debit and credit card payments are handled by a third-party payment provider. 3-D Secure is part of the payment process between this provider and your Bank.
gamesfreak64: well here are my 2 cents : has nothing to do with fraud and similar , cause that has always been and somehow will always exist its more of a good way to hide the real purpose of this. :D
Like what rights does this 3rd party affiliate that is required for daily business allowed to do with your data?
Usually you sign your rights away when you sign up with your bank in situations like this.
My order on my card went through with no change in process from usual. (In the US.)
The new regulations are applicable for online payments with credit cards and debit cards

1) for cards issued in the EU (more specific: in the EEA, the European Economic Area, which includes the whole EU plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
2) for payments on websites of companies which are located in the EEA. --> It is applicable for all GOG users, regardless of their location

Therefore Steam, as a U.S. company, also will have to implement it sooner or later, otherwise customers for which case 1) is applicable, will not be able to buy from Steam anymore.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by ChrisSZ
high rated
*HOLY SHIT LOOK AT ALL THE AWESOME NEW GAMES HERE! GoG's BEEN ON A ROLL...*

Oh, fuck wait - I might never be able to shop here again...???

Add me to the list of people that only use a landline. When I didn't need one for work anymore I ditched the phone years ago. Have no interest in the smartphone. I'm going to be super pissed if I missed preordering Stygian by a day...
tinyE: That's fine, but I live in a dead zone. I don't have a mobile phone, and even if I did, it wouldn't work,

I suppose I could sell the B&B and move. :D
It's up to your bank to decide if they'll send you a verification code via sms, or via a pigeon :D

You should contact your bank for more details.
So crisis averted... for now... on my end.

Page just flashes over to my a site with my CC logo and such. I don't have to give any additional feedback (no email, phone etc) it just does its thing. I never use my bank card (or maybe I did once years ago) so at least for now my main means of purchasing here is safe.

Hope it stays that way.

As an aside - is this why I've had to do super annoying Two Factor on my Amazon account the last two days?
not a fan of this, to login to my bank you need a smartphone with an app, and then u need to create a mobile account get a code just to login to your bank account, i know people want there money secure but its getting rediculous, il only buy games from GOG now when im over at my parents house using paypal why?. cos i dnt have a web browser here cos i dnt like being tracked or having personal data potentially stolen, also without a browser im less likely to recieve viruses and ransomware.

not a fan of this, maybe if GOG made gift cards like steam does where u could go into a shop and buy them and jsut enter a digital code and add funds like £5,£10,£20 etc that would be a better idea

yet another reason i want my country to leave EU on 31st october
Post edited September 13, 2019 by moobot83
madjarov42: You literally have to do nothing.

If your bank has decided to use this system (not all, but most have) you're likely already signed up for it without your knowledge. And if your bank doesn't use it, then this doesn't apply to you - you'll just continue making payments the old unsecure way.

Also, GOG did not invent this system, VISA did.
fizzywiz: Er...so your saying that them implementing this when nothing was broken before is...my fault?

Edit: PS I don't live in the EU so getting blanket ruled by their laws sucks.
No. I'm saying that this WAS broken - you just happened to not be a victim because of random chance. I guarantee you that your card details can be found on the dark web, and the only reason you haven't lost money is they haven't gotten to yours yet, but many people are victimized in this way every day. Source: Work at digital channels dept in a bank.

EU or not, you're getting something for nothing. And you can opt out of it (although you really, really shouldn't).

It's not necessary to complain about everything.
fizzywiz: I wonder how long it's going to take banks not in the EU to start using the 3 DI system...
Work in an African bank. We adapted our systems to it last year, and after some dry runs we went live and auto-enrolled all customers about 4 months ago.
gamesfreak64: well here are my 2 cents : has nothing to do with fraud and similar , cause that has always been and somehow will always exist its more of a good way to hide the real purpose of this. :D
Your 2 cents are worthless because that's literally the only reason why this was created. It is more profitable for Visa to prevent fraud than to deal with thousands of fraud cases every single day. Source: I work at a bank and deal with online transactions.

Unless of course... I'm part of the conspiracy and I just want you to believe this logical reason, while hiding the real reason which makes no sense. I guess you'll never know...
Post edited September 13, 2019 by madjarov42
fizzywiz: Er...so your saying that them implementing this when nothing was broken before is...my fault?

Edit: PS I don't live in the EU so getting blanket ruled by their laws sucks.
madjarov42: No. I'm saying that this WAS broken - you just happened to not be a victim because of random chance. I guarantee you that your card details can be found on the dark web, and the only reason you haven't lost money is they haven't gotten to yours yet, but many people are victimized in this way every day. Source: Work at digital channels dept in a bank.

EU or not, you're getting something for nothing. And you can opt out of it (although you really, really shouldn't).

madjarov42: Work in an African bank. We adapted our systems to it last year, and after some dry runs we went live and auto-enrolled all customers about 4 months ago.
madjarov42: Your 2 cents are worthless because that's literally the only reason why this was created. It is more profitable for Visa to prevent fraud than to deal with thousands of fraud cases every single day. Source: I work at a bank and deal with online transactions.

Unless of course... I'm part of the conspiracy and I just want you to believe this logical reason, while hiding the real reason which makes no sense. I guess you'll never know...
Well aren't you lucky your bank is updated. Mine's not and probably won't be for the next five years. That means every time I order something from GOG I have to jump through hoops. Unfortunately I live in the middle of no-where and there is only one bank around.
PS: I don't do internet banks.
Well this changed how I pay for my games on this site. No biggy though, I just use PayPal now. This is a minor inconvenience since my bank doesnt give out this authentication. Oh well, no sweat. Still can purchase games on here so I'm good.
low rated
madjarov42: No. I'm saying that this WAS broken - you just happened to not be a victim because of random chance. I guarantee you that your card details can be found on the dark web, and the only reason you haven't lost money is they haven't gotten to yours yet, but many people are victimized in this way every day. Source: Work at digital channels dept in a bank.

Work in an African bank. We adapted our systems to it last year, and after some dry runs we went live and auto-enrolled all customers about 4 months ago.

Your 2 cents are worthless because that's literally the only reason why this was created. It is more profitable for Visa to prevent fraud than to deal with thousands of fraud cases every single day. Source: I work at a bank and deal with online transactions.

fizzywiz: Well aren't you lucky your bank is updated. Mine's not and probably won't be for the next five years. That means every time I order something from GOG I have to jump through hoops. Unfortunately I live in the middle of no-where and there is only one bank around.
PS: I don't do internet banks.
Remember in my first comment, when I said this?

if your bank doesn't use it, then this doesn't apply to you - you'll just continue making payments the old unsecure way.
YOU HAVE LITERALLY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. JUST STFU.
Guys anyone has problems with Bank of America Debit Cards? I can't checkout my order. It just throws this error. And no I don't have other card.
EDIT
It worked just fine until today with the payment system changes.
Attachments:
Post edited September 13, 2019 by Naathir