It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: We've temporarily disabled the 3-D Secure authentication protocol as the implementation of new regulations has been delayed in some countries and not all banks yet support it. This way you shouldn't experience any inconveniences during debit and credit card payments.

We'd like to inform you that since today all card payments made in the GOG.COM store will be subject to a new 3-D Secure authentication protocol.

3-D Secure authentication requires additional confirmation of the transaction via your Bank's website or mobile app to prevent fraud in online credit and debit card payments. Thanks to this additional security measure, your personal data and money will be even safer than before.

In case of issues with completing your purchases with cards, please contact our Support team.
low rated
Naathir: Guys anyone has problems with Bank of America Debit Cards? I can't checkout my order. It just throws this error. And no I don't have other card.
EDIT
It worked just fine until today with the payment system changes.
Coming from a bank employee, you literally have to do what the instructions in your screenshot say. The problem, and solution, is with your bank. If your bank has an online platform, you'll probably be able to sort yourself out.
Naathir: Guys anyone has problems with Bank of America Debit Cards? I can't checkout my order. It just throws this error. And no I don't have other card.
EDIT
Had this same problem with my credit card, which is funny because it's a Visa. Either way I just swapped over to my PayPal and the order went through. Never got an authentication notification since I dont live in the EU.

For those saying you can still do it the old unsecure way, you cant if you're in the US. Well, you can but it's an unnecessary ordeal of calling and getting verified etc etc for a simple purchase. More of a headache than a solution.

Visa may have implemented this but it is not in effect in the US. So for those of us in the states we have to use a different method. It's a minor inconvenience but its manageable. For me I just use PayPal now for purchases on this site.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by TheCleaner517
high rated
fizzywiz: Well aren't you lucky your bank is updated. Mine's not and probably won't be for the next five years. That means every time I order something from GOG I have to jump through hoops. Unfortunately I live in the middle of no-where and there is only one bank around.
PS: I don't do internet banks.
madjarov42: Remember in my first comment, when I said this?

if your bank doesn't use it, then this doesn't apply to you - you'll just continue making payments the old unsecure way.
madjarov42: YOU HAVE LITERALLY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. JUST STFU.
Wow, just WoW. Two days ago I purchased on gog I just put my info in and done. TODAY I had to:
I have to literally call my bank, wait for them to Identify me, explain what's going on. Wait 3 to 5 minutes and then I finally am deemed OK to make a effing purchase
What do you mean by I don't have anything to complain about? I literately spent 19 min to make a simple purchase. If I was being paid that would be 8 dollars worth of my time to make a < 1 min purchase. Why can't I complain about it? o.0
This shit is garbage, my idiot bank needs mobile authentication.
EDIT
madjarov42: Coming from a bank employee, you literally have to do what the instructions in your screenshot say. The problem, and solution, is with your bank. If your bank has an online platform, you'll probably be able to sort yourself out.
Thanks for advice. Most prolly I need to make an appointment. I've checked the online platform already and it doesn't have any payment authorising method. I've checked even transaction history because they list there everything including failed transactions and it doesn't show anything. Things got a lot more complicated all of a sudden. :(
Just bought a game. In my case, it was just an SMS code.

This is a mandatory change everyone in the EU accepting card payments must make to adhere to the new regulation. For people having issues, contact your bank or use a different payment method. Nothing you can do about it.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by idbeholdME
madjarov42: Coming from a bank employee, you literally have to do what the instructions in your screenshot say. The problem, and solution, is with your bank. If your bank has an online platform, you'll probably be able to sort yourself out.
Naathir: Thanks for advice. Most prolly I need to make an appointment. I've checked the online platform already and it doesn't have any payment authorising method. I've checked even transaction history because they list there everything including failed transactions and it doesn't show anything. Things got a lot more complicated all of a sudden. :(
PayPal my dude. Its alot easier.
Hi all. First time posting in this forum.

So what's the procedure to purchase games in gog.com? Do I need to log in to my bank and approve the purchases, because I don't have a smartphone either.

Does it affect MasterCard too? Why do I hear that Visa caused this? Also, I did hear in the news that there will be additional authentication for online purchases within the EU. Is this it? Or do I get SMS? Yes, I live in the EU.

I have an idea to those complaining about having to authenticate every you make a purchase: this might actually make the gog.com wallet useful. Same for steam. Add for example €30 or €50 to your wallet and spend that. And if you buy during sales it should last a while before you need to add funds again. You don't have to stop buying games like I hear some people say here.

Another question I have: What about prepaid cards? They're not really linked to any bank. Do these get through?

I'm confused.
Another thing that came to my mind:
If you use PayPal and stock up your PayPal wallet with your credit card or bank account, then PayPal should also force you -according to EU law- to authentificate your card/bank account.
high rated
I love GOG's information "strategy", as always. No information in advance, no warning, nothing at all. We just have changed something, it already went online, in case you haven't recognize it yourself...
madjarov42: Remember in my first comment, when I said this?

YOU HAVE LITERALLY NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. JUST STFU.
fizzywiz: Wow, just WoW. Two days ago I purchased on gog I just put my info in and done. TODAY I had to:
I have to literally call my bank, wait for them to Identify me, explain what's going on. Wait 3 to 5 minutes and then I finally am deemed OK to make a effing purchase
What do you mean by I don't have anything to complain about? I literately spent 19 min to make a simple purchase. If I was being paid that would be 8 dollars worth of my time to make a < 1 min purchase. Why can't I complain about it? o.0
Well I suppose you can, but this isn't the place that deserves your wrath. If your bank hasn't set you up as they should have, that's on them. And now that you have been set up (at the expense of 20 precious minutes), I guess you can just make whatever purchases you want, day or night, as you did before?
fizzywiz: Wow, just WoW. Two days ago I purchased on gog I just put my info in and done. TODAY I had to:
madjarov42: Well I suppose you can, but this isn't the place that deserves your wrath. If your bank hasn't set you up as they should have, that's on them. And now that you have been set up (at the expense of 20 precious minutes), I guess you can just make whatever purchases you want, day or night, as you did before?
I was upset with your wrong logic and yelling at me while your fingers are in your ears going lalallalal, not the site so much at this point =P
PS: anyone who has to call their bank to verify every purchase can't opt out of it like you imply. It'll be a daily ritual for purchasing on GOG till banks change to the new system (with nothing pushing them to do so, when did the customer ever matter to a bank?)
Post edited September 13, 2019 by fizzywiz
fronzelneekburm: One question:

Was this system implemented because of recent EU regulations?
LexRust: Yes, it is due to new EU regulations regarding online payments (Strong Customer Authentication) coming in effect on 14 of September.
Not exactly true
https://www.sueddeutsche.de/wirtschaft/zahlungsverkehr-online-eu-richtlinie-1.4577357

(Sorry, could not find the english pendant)
Post edited September 13, 2019 by MarkoH01
LexRust: Yes, it is due to new EU regulations regarding online payments (Strong Customer Authentication) coming in effect on 14 of September.
MarkoH01: Not exactly true
https://www.sueddeutsche.de/wirtschaft/zahlungsverkehr-online-eu-richtlinie-1.4577357

Bad Link, has an AdBlock Blocker, so not readable by people with an Ad-Blocker!
MarkoH01: Not exactly true

Is this relevant? https://www.wired.co.uk/article/online-shopping-psd2-strong-customer-authentication