It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
Doh, refresh refresh... 2 day old post, lol
Post edited March 20, 2024 by Pheace
tfishell: Reflexive's Zax - The Alien Hunter has over 1k votes - https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/zax_the_alien_hunter
Finally someone mentions this cool game! I'm one of the wishlisters but have slowly been losing hope over the years. Maybe one day we'll actually get it. I'm one of the lucky few for whom Zax still works out of the original physical disc under Windows 10, but I've also had PCs in the meantime that couldn't run it at all.
As an old timer from the days of GOGs birth who also loves new technology, thank you so much!

The ability to stream games we have at home on the road is amazing. I've been in Luna since it was in alpha/beta and its gone from a rough sort of silly concept to a fully fleshed out system that can stream anything really well.

I'm so happy to see this collaboration happen, its going to bring a a lot of new people here to GOG and to Luna.

You guys are awesome!
SeriousWays: Why don't you focus on making a native GoG Galaxy Linux application?
I prefer it to some Amazon cloud bull...
Because a GoG Galaxy Linux application is a large project that will taken months for a niche, albeit underserved, population.

Amazon Cloud it an API function that tells Amazon and GOG to turn the equivalent boolean from isOwned=false to isOwned=true and canStream=false to canStream=true that can be written in a week for a large population.
Memecchi: It could serve as a gateway for the type of people that don't care about offline installers, which is the last thing GOG needs right now
BreOl72: IF that ever happens, you simply don't buy their games...I still don't see the problem.
I mean, it's not as if we haven't companies around already, whose games we can't buy here on GOG, because they don't want to go DRM-free.
That would just be more of the same - only coming from a different angle.
sm5..: I would like enough details to be provided. Cost, the participating countries, the date it will start.
BreOl72: This link (originally provided by mrkgnao) should answer some of your questions:
https://www.ytechb.com/amazon-luna-games-list-updated
The games list, thank you Bre0172.
SeriousWays: Why don't you focus on making a native GoG Galaxy Linux application?
I prefer it to some Amazon cloud bull...
jadedrakerider: Because a GoG Galaxy Linux application is a large project that will taken months for a niche, albeit underserved, population.

Amazon Cloud it an API function that tells Amazon and GOG to turn the equivalent boolean from isOwned=false to isOwned=true and canStream=false to canStream=true that can be written in a week for a large population.
It's been requested for years, the time for excuses are over IMO.
TheEspressoMan-15: It's been requested for years, the time for excuses are over IMO.
Even "Skitter off, we're not doin that, fam!" would be better than radio silence.
JP4n: What about titles which are being sold on multiple platforms?
For example Mirrors edge is available on here, if I buy that on Luna do I get it on GOG, or do I get it EA Play or do I get it on both?
shade: Currently, there's no EA storefront, so you can't buy an EA App (formely Origin) verson of a game.
But I got your point and, let's take an Ubisoft game as an example. Two possibilities :
- UbiSoft allow GoG ver. of the game to be supported and sold through Luna, and you'll be invited to choose which store you want to buy it from ;
- more plausible: only the Ubisoft Store version will be supported (and if you don't own it there, you'll have to buy again on this store).

JP4n: What about games not initially sold by GOG, if I buy it on Luna do I get it on GOG when it comes to GOG?
shade: You can't purchase a game solelly for Luna. Games are sold on a storefront, on which you own your game.

JP4n: What about games the publisher or dev (for whatever reason) pulls from GOG, can I still play them on Luna?
shade: I don't know, I don't think. I don't think there's ever been such a precedent on GFN.

JP4n: What about games given away or redeemed on Luna that are available on GOG, will owning it on Luna automatically give me a copy on GOG?
shade: There's no Luna game that can be given. If Amazon give a game, it'll be a GoG game (or a UbiSoft game, or any supported store).

JP4n: Is allowed to post amazon links?
shade: No, it's strictly forbidden. In fact, there are users we've never seen again after they've done it. :>

JP4n: How is Luna going to identify country?
shade: It's certainly based on your IP.

JP4n: I expect GOG account must match the country of Luna subscription, is that correct? Amazon is very strict about that
shade: Good question. Firstly, I thought I don't think they really care about that. But because of the storefronts... No idea.

JP4n: "Luna available" is going to be added to the game pages?
shade: Probably. But I think it will be quicker to go directly to Luna's games catalog.

JP4n: Does GOG decide to include a game there? Or Luna? Or the game creators?
shade: Game's Editor. They've to opt-in to see their games available on Luna :
https://www.gog.com/join-luna
They must agree that their games are sold through GoG storefront on Luna (that's the "available on Luna") AND playable on the Luna’s cloud gaming service.

JP4n: What GOG game is Luna using? Offline installer or Galaxy?
shade: GoG Galaxy. They rely on that to propose cloud saves and achievements.

JP4n: Do GOG games support Luna Couch?
shade: I don't see why it shouldn't.

JP4n: Will I be able to download Luna saves to continue my gameplay with the offline installers?
shade: Maybe. It's an option already available on Luna for some games :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G2X2BZPDQRRWMVEW
But with GoG Galaxy in use... I can't make a safe assumption.
^_^ Thanks, a very detailed answer. Probably incomplete and restricted games will decide to not participate, like Styx: Shards of Darkness and Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™. I wish some foreign player invite me someday a Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen couch play.
high rated
I don't think this is good idea. GOG needs to go back to its roots.

There are dozens of similar cloud services out there. Every year there are new ones. They open and close. There are very few people who interested in these services.
GOG.com: Soon, you’ll be able...
Very important word, "soon"...though a little vague.

Any exact date?
lord_mendes: I don't think this is good idea. GOG needs to go back to its roots.

There are dozens of similar cloud services out there. Every year there are new ones. They open and close. There are very few people who interested in these services.
First of all how is this not a good idea? How does it impact gog in any capacity?

Second of all, what are You talking about there are dozens of similar cloud services? There actually aren't. And the only one which closed so far which was of note was Stadia. And there aren't many because it needs a giant load of resources to make it actually feasible. And the technology is still only developing.

Also Geforce Now is only growing at a fast rate recently, so much so, they're opening 4 new datacenters this year.
Also I'm one of those "very few people"
Post edited March 21, 2024 by Schoeller
high rated
BreOl72: Very important word, "soon"...though a little vague.

Any exact date?
Given GOG's track record; anywhere between yesterday (forgot to announce) and at least 6 years from now.
Post edited March 21, 2024 by ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ
high rated
RafaelRamus: So, instead of asking for GoG to not release NSFW games here, I figured I'd rather ask for Filters and Parental Control. I didn't think people would get mad at me for doing so, but boy was I wrong! People have been denouncing me for derailing the NSFW threads simply because I point out that I'd love to filter those out of my (and my family's) starting page(s).
Please let me correct a few things you seem to confuse.

1) Nobody complained that you wanted a filter - in fact many, including myself, agreed that a customizable filter for ALL genres might be a useful thing for everyone. We just told you that there are legal reasons why GOG does not have any OBLIGATION for implementing parental filters (because GOG is aimed at adults only). What we complained about was the fact that you did not stop asking about it and aimed for every single NSFW thread to make your case again and again - therefore disturbing release discusssions.

2) Several people tried to explain to you that you are doing this the wrong way and they also tried to explain to you the correct ways you could use and still can. You expected GOG to step down and stop you before you were willing to stop. You announced to post your request in all upcoming releases and every channel possible until GOG would tell you to stop it. This was your idea alone.

3) People even told you that you might get reported and you even asked for getting reported because you saw nothing wrong in posting your request in every single NSFW thread instead of using the correct ways people tried to tell you.

4) I reported you not just because of the derail of several NSFW release thread but especially because you announced that you would continue to do this again and again and only GOG can stop. you. I asked GOG to either stop you or fulfil your wish. I did not do it because I hate you, I did do it because I wanted to be able to discuss NSFW games in a release thread for NSFW games instead of having the other discussion in it again and again.

So imo you have no right for feeling bitter or feeling treated unfair. You simply received what you were asking for, I did not ask GOG for a warning, I asked GOG to stop you - which is exactly what you asked for.

So to bring this back to Luna and therefore on topic of this thread: if Luna really is a way for you to get your parental control filters on GOG I am happy for you .... maybe you don't need to wait for GOG to implement them anymore now and we can all live in peace again.
Post edited March 21, 2024 by MarkoH01
high rated
I wish I had two more hands so that I could give this four thumbs down
jadedrakerider: Because a GoG Galaxy Linux application is a large project that will taken months for a niche, albeit underserved, population.

TheEspressoMan-15: It's been requested for years, the time for excuses are over IMO.
Excuses? You do realize companies do not answer to their consumers, right? Das Capitalism, y0.

We have other options. Itch and Humble Bundle, for example. You can even start a platform yourself. Heck, I would love to see somebody write a platform-agnostic launcher that will link any game. There's no technical or legal reason why you couldn't do that.

They cater to their consumers, but it's not as though we are share holders just because we use their service or purchase their products.