It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from our store, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.

We’ve set up a blog post explaining everything in more detail so make sure to check it out HERE.

What’s most important is that on Luna you’ll be able to play every game that you already own on GOG (and that is also available on Luna). There’s absolutely no requirement to purchase anything twice – you bought it once on our platform so it’s always yours, as always.

Moreover, it works both ways. You’ll be able to buy games that are available on GOG via Luna’s client and they will go straight into your GOG library.

Check out the blog post and have a great one!
high rated
Hey guys! Please read the whole blog post. Our mission is to be a DRM-free platform and teaming up with Luna isn't here to change that.

Playing offline, storing externally, having offline installers - all the DRM-free goodness that we offer will always be there for you. What this collaboration means, is that you, if you want to, can also play the games you own on GOG via cloud service. Great thing to use if you're travelling a lot or your hardware can't handle certain titles.

And you won't need to purchase any game more than once. When you buy the game you can then play it on Luna, via offline installers, or via GOG GALAXY. How you play it is entirely up to you - the game is yours.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by king_kunat
high rated
GOG is diversifying and it's a good thing.
You want access to your offline installers, you can have it.
You want a launcher , you got it.
You want to be able to play via cloud gaming, you can.
Humble Bundle,Fanatical..
We all have an interest in GOG becoming more and more known and used.
Post edited March 18, 2024 by Odessam
high rated
This is a complete mistake on GOG's part. Amazon's customer support has a reputation for being challenging to even contact in the first place. When people run into issues and find themselves unable to reach Amazon support, they're going to come over here on the basis that they purchase a GOG game so GOG should be able to fix it.

It's not going to matter to them that GOG doesn't control Amazon's streaming servers. They're going to expect GOG to fix it because GOG needs to support GOG games everywhere. Any attempt to refer the person back to Amazon for assistance will only be viewed as a sign of incompetence and/or work avoidance. When they don't get their way, they will be complaining all over these forums.

Don't tell me that I'm wrong on this. Consider the people that had issues like bank cards charging fees for international purchases and geolocation data issues causing them to wrongly appear to live in a US state that taxes digital goods. GOG has no control over either of these things, but it didn't stop people from making multiple threads about how GOG needs to get its act together and resolve these issues that are not GOG's issues to fix.

Meanwhile people with legit issues that require contacting GOG support will have to deal with longer wait times all thanks to Amazon Luna.
I have no idea what Luna is, I just want my GOG Galaxy client to run DOS games on my M1 Airbook. They run fine with DOSBox Staging! This is an issue for 3 years.
high rated
WolfEisberg: Galaxy had no effect on offline installers.
Well that's objectively false...
Darth Luna: You didn't kill GOG. I did.
Players: Then my store is truly dead.
high rated
Concept as a whole doesn't bother me, but Amazon as a company sure does.

Hoping you can opt out or have this be 100% optional.
high rated
Streaming services are the antithesis of game preservation, can't say I'm happy with the partnership
Ooh, this is interesting! Looking forward to see where this goes, it would be nice for when I travel and I can’t bring my gaming pc along. Just another option, which is always nice, and will hopefully bring more attention and business to GOG as well!
13ison: I think this is actually kinda neat, I can't wait to try it out.
RandomEurico: Genuine question: why? I mean whats the use case? Help me understand.

At best I can only see the case of a few modern games (which is not the core market for GOG) for users that have an older GPU. - I assume also that there is/will defintely be a monthly free that Amazon will charge.
The post as far as I can tell indicates there will not be a fee, and as more AAA games, God of War the most recent example, show up, the ability to play at least some of these games wherever I want without having to have access to a rig with a gaming GPU seems nice.
high rated
What the...???

No point in adding my discontent opinion to the pile.
I'd better grab some popcorn and read the rest of the comments.
high rated
Guess it's "don't even look at the forum" o'clock again.
RandomEurico: Genuine question: why? I mean whats the use case? Help me understand.

At best I can only see the case of a few modern games (which is not the core market for GOG) for users that have an older GPU. - I assume also that there is/will defintely be a monthly free that Amazon will charge.
13ison: The post as far as I can tell indicates there will not be a fee, and as more AAA games, God of War the most recent example, show up, the ability to play at least some of these games wherever I want without having to have access to a rig with a gaming GPU seems nice.
Most likely it'll require an active Luna sub to stream the games though. Admittedly they're not clear about this AT ALL anywhere in this announcement.

(basing this on the Stadia people having games 'owned' on Stadia be available on Luna at some point but eventually requiring Luna+ or Prime sub to play)
Post edited March 18, 2024 by Pheace
high rated
As long as it's optional, there's nothing wrong with adding more supported platforms to play on. Just don't lose sight of your DRM-free roots.
high rated

Yes. It's meant for people who can't afford €300 GPU's, so instead they spend €360-$960 on €10-$20 monthly Amazon Luna streaming subscription fees over the same 3-4 years typical GPU lifespan, on top of buying all those €40-€60 games. It saves money, honest! ;-)
13ison: The post as far as I can tell indicates there will not be a fee, and as more AAA games, God of War the most recent example, show up, the ability to play at least some of these games wherever I want without having to have access to a rig with a gaming GPU seems nice.
Pheace: Most likely it'll require an active Luna sub to stream the games though. Admittedly they're not clear about this AT ALL anywhere in this announcement.

(basing this on the Stadia people having games 'owned' on Stadia be available on Luna at some point but eventually requiring Luna+ or Prime sub to play)
Yes, you are right that it will almost certainly at least require a Luna sub, though there may be a free tier like Geforce Now. I have had Prime so long that I neglect things offered through there are not considered free to everybody.