It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome, Russian-speaking gamers!

GOG.com has always been about bringing you the widest selection of the greatest games: classic, new, all DRM-free. To keep this up we need to grow, and to grow we want to reach out to more gamers worldwide. We've already unveiled a French and German version of our store, and today we're introducing Russian to GOG.com! (Did you know that it's the second most used language on the internet?)

We already have more than 150 games in Russian in our catalog, and today we celebrate by releasing six new DRM-free games - including two digital distribution exclusives and three weeklong discounts:
-<span class="bold">Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power</span> (digital distribution exclusive)
-<span class="bold">Sea Dogs</span> (digital distribution exclusive)
-<span class="bold">Wings of Prey Complete</span>
-<span class="bold">Pilot Brothers</span> (-33%)
-<span class="bold">Men of War</span> (-50%)
-<span class="bold">Death to Spies</span> (-50%)

We have over 30 more games on sale this weekend up to 75% off: Russian-language games straight "<span class="bold">From Russian with Love</span>"! That includes not just the new releases, but also the King's Bounty saga, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and more. Everyone is invited to mingle, and it's as good a time as any to break down gaming's largest language barriers one discount at a time.

With an all-new website language, localised customer support, and a dedicated Russian forum, we're hoping to become the right place for all of our Russian-speaking gamers. We’re also adjusting our prices in those regions. For over a year we’ve been offering games at lower prices in Russia and other independent countries that emerged from the USSR, places where game prices have historically been lower than in western markets. Starting today, more games will be priced appropriately for these territories. We've decided to adjust our pricing to the realities of the market, to avoid a sense that you have to pay more to get your games DRM-free or that GOG.com games are more expensive than other stores that operate in those regions.

Just in case you wondering, introducing these price changes won't affect the way gifting works today on GOG.com.
LiefLayer: This discrimination does not please me at all, if they continue like this I will change the place where I buy my games.
Pheace: Not catering to your particular language is not discrimination ...
Merriam-Webster: Discrimination: the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people

: the ability to recognize the difference between things that are of good quality and those that are not

: the ability to understand that one thing is different from another thing
vegomoonlit: Yeah, yeah, just find some more excuses to call this games russian and be proud of that. Whatever.
But no one did. In my opinion, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is as much a Russian-language game series as it is a Ukrainian-language one. Soldiers: Heroes of World War II (В тылу врага) on the other hand is a Russian-language game even though it was developed by a Ukrainian team.
Post edited April 03, 2015 by GeneralFailer
LiefLayer: This discrimination does not please me at all, if they continue like this I will change the place where I buy my games.
In the witcher 1 was full localization in Italian. from 2 onwards was not more so. And this has also happened to other games and now the site of gog.
Personally I see discrimination.
gog and the witcher are the same company
Post edited April 03, 2015 by LiefLayer
King's Bounty: Dark Side is 4,49$ while King's Bounty Dark Side: Premium Edition is 5,99$. Does anybody know if the additional quests and locations justifies the extra 1,49$?

From what I heard the game doesn't have any serious bugs.
LiefLayer: Now, if they do not add on the Italian gog just make me more angry.
This discrimination does not please me at all, if they continue like this I will change the place where I buy my games.
I just wonder: How many Italian-speaking countries are there? I can understand that you want a version of the site in your native language, but with only 55 million Italiians it certainly isn't very high on GOG's priority list. You should expect some other languages first (like the already mentioned Spanish and Portugese).
LiefLayer: In the witcher 1 was full localization in Italian. from 2 onwards was not more so. And this has also happened to other games and now the site of gog.
Personally I see discrimination.
gog and the witcher are the same company
It probably didn't sell that well in Italy or something like that. Surely they don't hate Italians and don't want to discriminate anyone, but they're not as big as EA and things like these take time.

Speaking of. Why is there no Polish language? I know Poles are usually good with English (at least from my experience while I was there, even in the smaller towns), but still.
Post edited April 03, 2015 by sillygrapist
LiefLayer: Now, if they do not add on the Italian gog just make me more angry.
This discrimination does not please me at all, if they continue like this I will change the place where I buy my games.
PaterAlf: I just wonder: How many Italian-speaking countries are there? I can understand that you want a version of the site in your native language, but with only 55 million Italiians it certainly isn't very high on GOG's priority list. You should expect some other languages first (like the already mentioned Spanish and Portugese).
I know enough. I do not know however many Russians.
I do not understand what the problem of locating multiple languages simultaneously.
In addition, a site becomes more popular when it is located in a certain language, just look at how popular steam and origin in Italy.
among other Italians are very sensitive to drm-free (in Italy are growing all things open, as linux, open-source, drm-free etc ...)

My idea is that you leave everything in English only or locate all European languages.
Post edited April 03, 2015 by LiefLayer
vegomoonlit: Yeah, yeah, just find some more excuses to call this games russian and be proud of that. Whatever.
GeneralFailer: But no one did. In my opinion, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is as much a Russian-language game series as it is a Ukrainian-language one. Soldiers: Heroes of World War II (В тылу врага) on the other hand is a Russian-language game even though it was developed by a Ukrainian team.
Promo on main page was and this page is calling still.
"35+ RUSSIAN GAMES UP TO -75%"
Maybe it would be minor issue at other time but at the moment my first reaction was really negative.
And yes, I understand they mean only language (i hope at least). Though if I wouldnt go read this topic I wouldnt get it.
Am I only one like this?
Post edited April 03, 2015 by vegomoonlit
LiefLayer: I know enough. I do not know however many Russians.
I do not understand what the problem of locating multiple languages simultaneously.
I guess the problem is manpower. They do not only offer a version of the site in each language, they also offer support in that language and add several games in that language to the library. I'm not an expert on the matter, but I guess it can only be done one by one.
LiefLayer: I know, but this thing still makes me angry.
I love my language and I'm proud of my origins. The creators of the witcher have already wronged removing the Italian spoken in the 2 and 3 of the witcher ...
Now, if they do not add on the Italian gog just make me more angry.
Discrimination? oO Whoa, calm down! You do realize that they release one language-version after the other? It's not as if they have released French, German and Russian simultaneously and said "That's it!". Italian will come. If you decide to "change the place where you buy your games" because of three or four weeks more or less waiting time, ... well... have a nice time then...
LiefLayer: I know, but this thing still makes me angry.
I love my language and I'm proud of my origins. The creators of the witcher have already wronged removing the Italian spoken in the 2 and 3 of the witcher ...
Now, if they do not add on the Italian gog just make me more angry.
real.geizterfahr: Discrimination? oO Whoa, calm down! You do realize that they release one language-version after the other? It's not as if they have released French, German and Russian simultaneously and said "That's it!". Italian will come. If you decide to "change the place where you buy your games" because of three or four weeks more or less waiting time, ... well... have a nice time then...
Look, the problem is that I'm not at all sure that they're going to release.
If they do it with a bit of delay is not a problem.
LiefLayer: I do not understand what the problem of locating multiple languages simultaneously.
Once I spent 2 days on translation of webcomic with 5 lines of text.

Trying to make sense as non-native for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

Or Russian example "Косой косой с косой косой косой косил на косе"
It's hard and takes big amount of time on research.
Poorly translated things worse than untranslated one.
Post edited April 03, 2015 by Gremlion
real.geizterfahr: Discrimination? oO Whoa, calm down! You do realize that they release one language-version after the other? It's not as if they have released French, German and Russian simultaneously and said "That's it!". Italian will come. If you decide to "change the place where you buy your games" because of three or four weeks more or less waiting time, ... well... have a nice time then...
LiefLayer: Look, the problem is that I'm not at all sure that they're going to release.
If they do it with a bit of delay is not a problem.
C'mon, don't be envious and feel happy for our eastern fellows. If it were for me, I would prefer to stay on the English website, since I believe there's no sense in dividing ourselves by language.
I'm 100% sure there will be an Italian GOG website, as there will be an Spanish one.

The Witcher 2 example?
Well, guess what, we spaniards didn't get a dubbed version in Spain, only text, after a full dubbed version in The Witcher.
Do I care?
Not the most. The dub was... well, like (gladly, since it's improving) 70% of all Spanish dubs for video games, bad or not good enough comparing it to the original or the English version.
Don't know what to say about the Italin dub, though.

Be patient and say "Horaaaaay" for the comrades!
So there will not be any Easter promo ?
A sad day indeed....

People keep prattling on about politics, region pricing and whatever and says nothing about the new releases.

Myself, I got Men of War and Death to Spies for $6 (feels like I'm ripping gog and the publishers off) I also wishlisted Wings of Prey and Galactic Assault.

It seems that after Disney these six games packages are becoming the norm. Is gog abandoning the "each game deserves a spot in the sunlight"-policy? I guess I can see why as there are just so many games out there, but... Thoughts?
Post edited April 03, 2015 by Tpiom