It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sirhamude: I see we share the same fascination.I loved the Civ series as well (haven't had the chance to play the last one, though), and TW:Rome is still one of my favorite strategy games.Even though I liked the gameplay in CIV series, it didn't offer me the same satisfaction and realism as EU3 or Victoria 2.
toxicTom: And are you more into the "history" part of those games, or do just like the complexity/realism. If the latter, have you ever tried "Imperium"? It might just be the game for you.
I haven't played Imperium cause I didn't own an Atari.The only consoles that I owned and were available in my country at the time, were Terminator and Sega.. something (I can't really remember).
300! Congrats toxicTom and a +1 to keep it growing ;-)

A game that had significant influence in introducing me to RPG goodness is Knights of Legend. It was one of the first PC games I had ever played and it's still amazing what had already been there. You got it all, character creation, equipment, towns to roam and an open world to wander about, quests and lots of fighting. Awesome. I remember me and my best friend sitting in front of his dad's PC and playing the game together. Although it's only single player, you can create a party, so each of us created his own character and then one of us navigated through the game world, while we both decided on what to do next. Combat is turn based, thus could be easily shared. Ah, good old times. I'm glad he's my friend up to this day.
Post edited January 20, 2015 by DeMignon
toxicTom: I've never heard of this one, but I've never been much into MMOs. Sounds at least a lot more interesting than WoW and its clones. The visuals remind me of Ultima Online.
Yeah, it is quite similar to UO (which I didnt play at that time) and I believe the feeling of "everytime is time to die" and the fact that each action counts is extremely addictive! Wow, and similars are nice in their own ways (graphics, community, etc) but I normally prefer CRPGS much more then these...
ZFR: This one was very popular when I was studying in Poland (2003-2005). I didn't play mainly because I was on dial-up and didn't have that much time to spare, but I know some people who were as addicted as some were on WoW later. Is the tibia community still active?
That was their prime time I believe, but they got a great revival with the mobile games mania, since they were one of the first games to port to that platform.

Tibia community is still very active, as far as I know, and they are continually updating the game!
Post edited January 18, 2015 by FredericoR
DeMignon: A game that had significant influence in introducing me to RPG goodness is Knights of Legend.
Never played it, but the name sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe some friend of mine used to play it.

I assume you are in for prize #1? Or both?
Post edited January 18, 2015 by toxicTom
high rated
Giveaway is closed, I will now begin the drawing.
IronArcturus: This is Sparta! :)

I'm in for option #1!
Congratulations! You've won prize #1!

Please tell me what game up to $20 or two games up to $10 you would like to have, either right here or via PM.

chevkoch: ...
Congratulations, you've won Bad Mojo Redux! Ok chances were pretty good with only two entrants :-)
PM is sent.

Thanks to all people here for participation and the interesting stories of your games that influenced you.
And better luck next time for those that didn't win this time!
Post edited January 18, 2015 by toxicTom
Congratz Iron Arcturus and chevkock and again, great giveaway toxic Tom you rule!
Felicitations are in order and thanks again for your generousity!
Congrats to both winners, and once again thanks for hosting toxicTom.
Congratulations to the winners and thank you, again, toxicTom for the giveaway.
Congrats to the {NumberOfWinners==2} winners - {TheLuckyPeople==IronArcturus;chevkoch} and thanks, as previously mentioned, to {TheGiveawayPerson==toxicTom}. :)
Congrats to the winners and thanks for the giveaway @ToxicTom !
Congrats to the winners! :)
Oh boy, I'm excited to crawl my way through the sewer system XD

Thanks a lot, toxicTom (plus Soccorro) for a wonderful giveaway and this weird gem of a title! Baffles me that there were not more people interested in BMR. I'll assure you it has found a good home.

Congrats to IronArcturus as well. And thanks to all for the congrats too.

Cockroach time! :)
toxicTom: Please tell me what game up to $20 or two games up to $10 you would like to have, either right here or via PM.
Thank you for the Shovel Knight game, toxicTom! :) And congrats to chevkoch as well!
toxicTom: Please tell me what game up to $20 or two games up to $10 you would like to have, either right here or via PM.
IronArcturus: Thank you for the Shovel Knight game, toxicTom! :) And congrats to chevkoch as well!
Shovel Knight seems a great choice. I watched a speedrun with commentary from the developers during AGDQ 2015. Gonna use this reminder to wishlist it now.