It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A little bump...
gogamess: 300!
Short question, are you in for #1 or both prizes?
Post edited January 15, 2015 by toxicTom
Not in, but here's a [url=http://rs382.pbsrc.com/albums/oo268/Sr-Ferraz/Hand%20Held%20Games/RelgioCasiocgameCA-503scandetalhe.jpg~c200]link to a game image[/url]. I played that game for many many hours. Mobile games rule!
gbaz69: 300!
Please tell me if you are in for both prizes or just one.

iphgix: 300!
In for both prizes?

ET3D: Not in, but here's a [url=http://rs382.pbsrc.com/albums/oo268/Sr-Ferraz/Hand%2520Held%2520Games/RelgioCasiocgameCA-503scandetalhe.jpg~c200]link to a game image[/url]. I played that game for many many hours. Mobile games rule!
That looks pretty awesome! Does it have sound too?
Post edited January 15, 2015 by toxicTom
ET3D: Not in, but here's a video.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by ET3D
"300!" (311 right now)

Congratulations, toxicTom!
I'm in for the first prize.

<span class="bold">Maniac Mansion</span>, <span class="bold">Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders</span> and <span class="bold">Neuromancer</span> are the three games that opened my path to the wonderful world of adventure games.

<span class="bold">Impossible Mission</span> / <span class="bold">Impossible Mission II</span>, <span class="bold">Prince of Persia</span> and <span class="bold">Out of this World</span> (Another World) are four clever platformers that hooked me to the genre.

I spent numerous hours playing <span class="bold">Defender of the Crown</span> and <span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (the C64 version and the 2006 release), because of the freedom and the replayability they had to offer.

Finally, even if I'm not a big fan of FPS, <span class="bold">SWAT 3</span> and <span class="bold">SWAT 4</span> are two games that really got my attention! Their goals were different from any other FPS (that only had one objective: "if it moves, shoot it!").

I've attached some screenshots to increase my nostalgia level.

Attachments:
adventure.jpg (478 Kb)
others.jpg (408 Kb)
gbaz69: 300!
toxicTom: Please tell me if you are in for both prizes or just one.
first prize of up to $20 in gog games. (I'm interested in both star wars xwing/tiefighter games btw)

edit: minor typo
Post edited January 15, 2015 by gbaz69
toxicTom: A little bump...
gogamess: 300!
toxicTom: Short question, are you in for #1 or both prizes?
I'm in for #1 prize, please

Thank you
300!

First, congrats on reaching 300 rep!

Second, the game that really influenced my gaming life is Secret of Mana for the SNES. Loved playing that both single player and co-op with my brother, cousin, and, later, wife. I loved the weapon system and the magic system, really made me love RPGs.

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm only in for the 1st prize. Thanks!
Attachments:
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Pickle1477
bump and intermediate stats:

30 entrants for prize #1 (one game for up to $20, or two games up to $10).
2-3 entrants for Bad Mojo Redux (courtesy of Soccorro) - still waiting for iphgix if wants to be in for this one.
Sorry didn't notice that you were waiting on me... I am in for the first prize.
Hi! 300! (Plus 11 more, by now)

The game I want to share is Full Throttle. For me, it is the most iconic Rock&Roll game. Besides, Tim Schafer load most LucasArts games with that spirit that makes you play it over and over, reacting the cycle over the years.

The only thing I will criticize about Full Throttle is how short it is, can be finished in just 1~2 hours and that sucks. Yeah, puzzles are kinda hard and that will add a couple hours to the main history, but is time going around until you solve the puzzle, not real gameplay time.

The screens I am posting about it are the two I consider most iconic in all the whole game: LucasArts logo at the very beginning of the game, and Ben's face plane as riding in the highway.
Attachments:
1.jpg (66 Kb)
3.jpg (71 Kb)
300! (This is sparta.... =p)

[I'm up for the first prize!]

Hey, it is difficult to tell a game that influenced me much, because there a many! =D

But for me, one that gave me a strong impression was a MMORPG called tibia, it has the most ugly graphics in the world, but it was the first time I experienced the sensation of freedom in games, where you could roam anywhere you want, enter deep dungeons or simply stroll through the forest... with a plus...

You could die! And dying really did hurt, I remember it until today, 10% of your XP, (which almost always meaned that you lost at least one level) ALL of your backpack items and a chance to lose ALL the items that you were wearing... =p And since there could be days of hard working for getting any of those,

And... it was so simple to die, you where calmly walking and killing some critters when...! Há, a coming-from-no-where bad guy killed you in 10 seconds... Next, you see a new fellow and think "Hey, I may have the strength to fight him, let me try... (died in a stroke)... Next, humm what shall be in this cave? (Well, something that will never let you come back...) And many other similar situations that are difficult situations that you cannot emulate since most of the time or you dont loose any thing dieing or simply you are in the control of the situation (like CPRG) with save games... You can always tell to yourself "I won't cheat myself" but is never like "I can't cheat even if I wanted, even if I wanted BADLY!!"

Some screens attached =p

Another worth mention would be the Hardcore mode of Temple of Elemental Evil, but since the game is extremely buggy you cannot play it to the end without "losing" it for some random bug =p
Attachments:
Post edited January 16, 2015 by FredericoR
iphgix: Sorry didn't notice that you were waiting on me... I am in for the first prize.
Noted, thanks!

montcer9012: The game I want to share is Full Throttle. For me, it is the most iconic Rock&Roll game. Besides, Tim Schafer load most LucasArts games with that spirit that makes you play it over and over, reacting the cycle over the years.
Full Throttle is an awesome game and I sure hop GOG can get it one day. I came to value it only later - when it came out I was a little disappointed - I was expecting it to be the next classic LA adventure in the vein of Monkey Island or DotT. Only when I replayed it later I came to cherish the story and atmosphere.

FredericoR: But for me, one that gave me a strong impression was a MMORPG called tibia, it has the most ugly graphics in the world, but it was the first time I experienced the sensation of freedom in games, where you could roam anywhere you want, enter deep dungeons or simply stroll through the forest... with a plus...
I've never heard of this one, but I've never been much into MMOs. Sounds at least a lot more interesting than WoW and its clones. The visuals remind me of Ultima Online.
FredericoR: But for me, one that gave me a strong impression was a MMORPG called tibia, it has the most ugly graphics in the world, but it was the first time I experienced the sensation of freedom in games, where you could roam anywhere you want, enter deep dungeons or simply stroll through the forest... with a plus...
toxicTom: I've never heard of this one, but I've never been much into MMOs. Sounds at least a lot more interesting than WoW and its clones. The visuals remind me of Ultima Online.
This one was very popular when I was studying in Poland (2003-2005). I didn't play mainly because I was on dial-up and didn't have that much time to spare, but I know some people who were as addicted as some were on WoW later. Is the tibia community still active?
300!

Mafia (aka Mafia: Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven)

This is an offer you can't refuse...

I like this game very much, it's about the rise and fall of a man, Tommy Angelo:

You know, the world isn't run by the laws written on paper. It's run by people. Some according to laws, others not. It depends on each individual how his world will be, how he makes it. And you also need a whole lot of luck, so that somebody else doesn't make your life hell. And it ain't as simple as they tell you in grade school. But it is good to have strong values and to maintain them. In marriage, in crime, in war, always and everywhere. I messed up. So did Paulie and Sam. We wanted a better life, but in the end we were a lot worse off than most other people. You know, I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Because the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the guy who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all.
Attachments: