It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

300! for the $20 prize.

It was "Rama" for me. It was the first game I played that introduced a science fiction setting in a video game. I've been a long time fan of the Star Trek TV series so to see a game take the concept of exploring a strange new world made me realize that video games had the most potential for that sort of genre. Here are some screenshots from the game.

Love reading everyone elses entries. Good luck everyone.
Attachments:
rama1.jpg (56 Kb)
rama2.jpg (14 Kb)
rama3.jpg (14 Kb)
Not in but congratulations on the 300!"This is (+1) reputation!!!!"

You was one of the first people I met on these forums and you rule!

Excitebike means a lot to me. It was one of the few things my dad and I got to bond over when I was little before he passed away. Since I was young I don't have a lot of memories with my father but playing this with him was something that always did stand out.
300! (or actually 307) for prize #1.

My special game, as I never tire mentioning, is "Hoshigami: Runing Blue Earth", for, while far away from perfect, is still the best, most challenging, game I know in what is my by-far-most-favourite genre, TBTRPG (Turn-based Tactical RPGs).

Representative screenshot: http://archive.thegia.com/psx/hoshi/media7/hoshi-82.jpg

Thank you and congratulations!
Post edited January 13, 2015 by mrkgnao
saith32: You was one of the first people I met on these forums and you rule!
*blush*

BenKii: It was "Rama" for me.
TBH, I've never heard of this one - looks very intriguing since it's based on Arthur C. Clarke's writing. Added +1 to the whishlist entry.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by toxicTom
300! I'll be in for #1.

First congratz on the big rep, wow, 300 :)

If I have to choose just one I would say Star Craft, because it was the first game that started the competition spirit inside of me. Back in the days in-home PCs were very rare here, so we had to gather and play in the internet cafes (more like clubs actually, no drinking/eating allowed, just net or games) and I was pretty damn good on it, I was number 1 in the whole residential district (or #2 or 3 according to the real #2 and 3 :D) back at that time.

Here's the screenshot: and [url=http://starcraftfastest.com/pictures/starcraft-fastest-zerg-protoss.jpg]2
Post edited January 13, 2015 by leon30
300! In for #1.

My Screenshot is from the first game I ever played. It must have been around 1997. The game is quite hard to finish and every now and then, I still play it. The film was re-released on blu ray just recently and I have watched it numerous times since then - still not as often as I watched it as a kid. Good childhood memories, yep.
jdsgn: 300! In for #1.

My Screenshot is from the first game I ever played. It must have been around 1997.
When I think that played my first game in like (IIRC) 1986 (and I wasn't even that little - East Germany didn't really have a console/home computer market...).

In 1997 I was drooling over the awesome visuals of Quake 2 (Coloured lighting! Particle effects!), having come all the way from 3D Construction Kit, Wolf3D, Doom and of course Quake.... To think that there are now people growing up with games like Skyrim, Crysis, Bioshock Infinite and (soon) The Witcher 3...

Damn, I feel old.

At least my elder daughter can proudly claim that first game she ever played was The Incredible Machine 3 (second was Race the Sun).
foxworks: Great giveaway. Thanks! :D
Not in.
toxicTom:
nicohvc: congrats for the rep! thanks for your generosity, +1
I'm not in
toxicTom: Care to join the discussion anyway?

:-)
Oops! sorry, of course!
is hard to choose a representative moment on a game or bring an screenshot with that situation. I will like to share many shocking graphic moments that somewhat still in memories for ever

One of the very first videogames that I played was School Daze for the ZX Spectrum with my brother but a was a 4 years child and I was terrible trying to do something ^^ "wow.. videogame"

other moment, Tiny toons for famicom with my friends "wow.. this strange version of VHS with cartdridges makes awesome things!"

My first two games in my first pc prehistorik and a chess game (I don't remember the name) "Amazing! I can play videogames in my house easily (the spectrum was hard to set on)

I have many more but I don't wanna put all of you to sleep. Hmm I don't have a screenshot but this image represents something important in my childwood. When I boght a Voodoo 3 2000 with my own money to play Quake 2 and the demo of Quake 3 Arena (december 99) Maybe a bad decission but my PC doesn't had AGP port :/

Sorry for my bad english! good luck with the giveaway
Attachments:
Post edited January 13, 2015 by nicohvc
300! In for the 1st prize, not in for Bad Mojo which is an awesome game.
I remember me and my friends would spends hours playing Might and Magic I and our friend's Mac. We'd take turns grinding while hanging out and listening to punk and obscure metal. From the Dead Kennedys to S.O.D. to death metal. Obviously our love for the game was strongly influenced by Dungeons and Dragons tabletop.
Attachments:
Post edited January 14, 2015 by RWarehall
jdsgn: 300! In for #1.

My Screenshot is from the first game I ever played. It must have been around 1997.
toxicTom: When I think that played my first game in like (IIRC) 1986 (and I wasn't even that little - East Germany didn't really have a console/home computer market...).

In 1997 I was drooling over the awesome visuals of Quake 2 (Coloured lighting! Particle effects!), having come all the way from 3D Construction Kit, Wolf3D, Doom and of course Quake.... To think that there are now people growing up with games like Skyrim, Crysis, Bioshock Infinite and (soon) The Witcher 3...

Damn, I feel old.

At least my elder daughter can proudly claim that first game she ever played was The Incredible Machine 3 (second was Race the Sun).
... wie die Zeit vergeht, ne? (;
nicohvc: One of the very first videogames that I played was School Daze for the ZX Spectrum with my brother but a was a 4 years child and I was terrible trying to do something ^^ "wow.. videogame"
Nowadays a title with that name would probably be a japanese dating sim :-)

RWarehall: I remember me and my friends would spends hours playing Might and Magic I and our friend's Mac.
Quite impressive. My first RPG was The Bard's Tale 3 on C64. Unfortunately I had only the "Wilderness Disk". Didn't keep me from playing for hours on end...

jdsgn: ... wie die Zeit vergeht, ne? (;
Absolut...
Post edited January 14, 2015 by toxicTom
300! In for 1st.

Metal Gear Solid, my absolute favourite game. The only game i ever "forced" my parents to buy me (though I had to use more underhand methods than simply throwing a tantrum in a shop, as that would only result in my ass kicking...). Game that showed me potential of gaming as something more than just a simple past time. Game that showed me games can tell beautiful stories about serious topics, with fleshed out characters that you care for, but also don't have to sacrifice gameplay to do so. To me it strikes perfect balance between story and gameplay. It's not seamless transition, the story is serious yet in gameplay you can goof around, there's ton of easter eggs and humour, yet it strangely fits and doesn't break immersion. Game that made me think "wouldn't it be cool to be part of a team creating game like this?", which eventually, for better or worse, shaped my career into programmer (wish I didn't suck at it though... oh well...) I beat this game gazillion times and I will beat it another gazillion times before I die. Truly beautiful experience.

Spoiler screen.
Post edited January 14, 2015 by Garret02
Garret02: Metal Gear Solid, my absolute favourite game.
Spoiler screen.
I've heard a lot of good and interesting things about the MGS series. I wish I could play them too.

Your screenshot link doesn't work for me. Page opens but I get only the top 40 or so pixels and then it stops loading. Care to attach it here or put it up elsewhere? (Not required to be in, since you clearly tried :-))
Spoiler screen.
toxicTom: I've heard a lot of good and interesting things about the MGS series. I wish I could play them too.

Your screenshot link doesn't work for me. Page opens but I get only the top 40 or so pixels and then it stops loading. Care to attach it here or put it up elsewhere? (Not required to be in, since you clearly tried :-))
You can play first two (MGS2 aka the one that everyone hates for some reason) on PC (though I suspect shitty ports). This year Phantom Pain will be released which will be "Oh my god, this is so amazing" and it will get released on PC too with some time slips but if Ground Zeroes (story prelude to PP and paid demo) is anything to go by, then this PC port will be actually very good.

Hmm... that's strange. Anyways, here's resized version (so I can upload it here directly).
Attachments:
Spoiler screen.
toxicTom: I've heard a lot of good and interesting things about the MGS series. I wish I could play them too.

As far as I understand, if you buy the MGS Playstation game (e.g. on eBay), you can legally play it on an emulator (I recommend ePSXe).