It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HMorisson: Have a link to that?

If that turns out to be true, I'll invoke the 30 day guarantee right away... incidentally, while I got the already mentioned reply from GOG support, the Gwent Support in turn told me that they couldn't tell me anything either way.

Really would have expected better from CDPR and the Witcher people.
Vistula77: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/tapety-na-11-rocznice-wiedzmina.10988267/ - scroll down of the screen

It is in polish "Niestety, na ten moment nie mamy w planach dodania rozdzielczości 21:9" = "Unfortunately, at the moment we have no plans to add the resolution of 21: 9"
Thanks... though the question remains of wether this is meant for Gwent proper, or Thronebreaker, or both.
But really... this is a major letdown either way, as it just doesn't make any sense -- Unity supports Ultrawide WQHD natively without any hassle, and this is 2018... it's not an unsual niche resolution, hasn't been for at least two years now.

Like I said, I really would have expected better from CDPR and the Witcher devs... very sad to be disappointed like that.
HMorisson: Like I said, I really would have expected better from CDPR and the Witcher devs... very sad to be disappointed like that.
You and other should look at this forum http://www.wsgf.org/forums there are some files that can do 21:9 in Witcher 1, 2 and Witcher 3 cut scenes too.

Probably we must wait to someone make this file compatible with 21:9.
Post edited October 31, 2018 by Vistula77
Oddly enough I don't find the lack of ultra widescreen to be that detrimental to the game experience with this particular title. I've been enjoying the game just fine with the black bars on the side of the screen. For a more action oriented title I certainly wouldn't be as easily able to accept the lack of 21:9 support, but in this title it's really not that bad.
HMorisson: Like I said, I really would have expected better from CDPR and the Witcher devs... very sad to be disappointed like that.
Vistula77: You and other should look at this forum http://www.wsgf.org/forums there are some files that can do 21:9 in Witcher 1, 2 and Witcher 3 cut scenes too.

I have actually checked there before already, and the wizards there said that this seems to be so hardcoded that they are out of options... which is even more annoying behaviour from the devs actually, as, once again, the Unity Engine supports WQHD Ultrawide natively and thus it was a conscious and intentional decision to not only block these resolutions, but to also make it extremely hard to unblock them.

And that, frankly, isn't what I would have expected from CDPR at all...
Vistula77: You and other should look at this forum http://www.wsgf.org/forums there are some files that can do 21:9 in Witcher 1, 2 and Witcher 3 cut scenes too.

HMorisson: I have actually checked there before already, and the wizards there said that this seems to be so hardcoded that they are out of options... which is even more annoying behaviour from the devs actually, as, once again, the Unity Engine supports WQHD Ultrawide natively and thus it was a conscious and intentional decision to not only block these resolutions, but to also make it extremely hard to unblock them.

And that, frankly, isn't what I would have expected from CDPR at all...
If this is true then it it is very disappointing...
Would like to add my voice to this as well. I've been holding off since release to play, waiting on a 21:9 update.

I'm not askling for much, just something besides black bars!
I second the motion :)
At least they could put some framing images to avoid the black stripes on the sides. That should be easy to do.
Would like to add my voice to this as well.

I In 2018, I think native support for 21: 9 (and other 16: 9 aspect ratios) is a matter of course and not rocket science as it was 5 years ago. Especially CDPR should be aware of it after TW3.

Much more frustrating is the fact that at FullHD (1920x1080) is simply over.

In my opinion a severe blemish on the otherwise quite white vest of CDPR.
+1 to this. This is stupid. Never expected a game that I bought from CDPR in 2018 to have this issue.
Looks like they'll also delete your review if you leave one on GOG just complaining about lack of ultrawide.
Jr0n: Looks like they'll also delete your review if you leave one on GOG just complaining about lack of ultrawide.
As they should. That's not a review, it's a complaint and doesn't belong there.
The screenshots on the store page are ultrawide, but not the game. What a joke.
Hey guys. as far as I know there was no official statement from CDPR on the topic of supporting Ultrawide screens in Thronebreaker after the comment from Lilayah, so I'm afraid we can't say anything more than she did ;/
Truly dissapointed with CDPR with this :(

Next time I'll wait instead of buy it day 1.
Post edited February 09, 2019 by makstery
+ 1

For every person posting here there's another 5000 who don't know about the foruns, bought it on another platform (eg Steam), can't be assed etc.

Plz to be addding 21:9.

Thnx :)