Patch notes for version EA 0.9.8 – April 29th, 2020
Build number: 601695
We are very very excited to release patch EA 0.9.8 to you all today. This update contains a major and significant change on the overall economy gameplay experience. As already announced in one of our dev diaries, the whole situation of just having one market / one economy representing all the different villages, city districts etc. was always a thorn in our eyes. That’s changed now. From now on, a market can represent a group of neighborhoods, their needs and of course also the amount of stored goods and their prices. This adds a new layer of gameplay as it is now way more relevant where you buy and sell your goods or where to erect your production buildings. It also allows you to make money from selling from one market to another. Additionally, we added something very very interesting for all you unlawful businessmen out there. See below! So excited!
IMPORTANT: The new economy system has not been applied to all maps yet. Please test the new system in: Wenighusen, Heligoland, London, Warsaw, Augsburg and Magdeburg. The scenario maps of Paris, Vienna & Presporok and Visby have not received an overhaul of the economy system yet and so their marketplaces are all in the same market economy as they were before this update. We will have them adjusted in the next update.
- From now on, a market can represent a set of villages and/or city districts. Needs and prices are fully influenced by supply and demand of the according market and the associated neighbourhoods. So selling daggers in a village won’t affect the prices anymore in a market within the city...
- To support this massive change we completely reworked the market UI! You are now able to switch between markets. You can see which neighborhoods are associated with that market. You can now clearly see who else is currently visiting the market and we also added 2 major UIs to support your decision making on what products you should provide.
- First of all, we added price statistics to the game. This new tab in the market UI gives you an overview of the price development PER market or group of markets. This way you can monitor price trends and adapt your overall strategy. For instance it could make sense to just hold back on some of your products. Store them in your warehouse until prices go up again.
- The second tab we added to the market UI is the need overview. Before our update this was a hidden system in the background influencing demand. We wanted to change that and clearly show you how the needs of an economy (market) are changing. Please note that we are not fully happy yet with the different need categories so we’ll most likely change them in the future.
- As there are now different prices between different markets for the same goods, it’s crucial that you can quickly see where the biggest benefits can be made. Of course, we don’t want you to always have to open the market UI to do so. That’s why we updated the item tooltip. It will now show you the market with the highest buying price and the market with the lowest selling price (buying price is the price the marketplace pays you as the seller, selling price is the price you pay when purchasing at a marketplace).
- As you know, there is also a system in the background to sustain markets if some crucial items for getting the economy are not in stock. We had to add that in the past quickly to avoid several deadlocks prone to the old system. That said we were never fully happy with that solution as there was no way of keeping goods from getting to the market. With EA 0.9.8, goods needed for the market will be delivered by foreign traders. They of course can be ambushed and robbed but beware, they are heavily guarded! Catch them before they reach their destination.
Content & Balancing
- AI behavior has been tweaked a bit, they should now focus a bit more on having enough children and businesses before branching out to more complex activities.
- AI Start skill picking was improved, the professions should now be more evenly distributed over all AI families.
- AI now has a threshold for declaring feuds, if the other dynasty is friendly enough the AI will first reduce that reputation before declaring a feud.
- Besides the rework for the separated markets, our designers invested additional time especially into the scenario maps Magdeburg, Augsburg, London and Warsaw. You will find some surprises in all maps :-)
- We added new walls for villages. You can see an example of that already in Magdeburg.
- Some new work animations have been added to the starting businesses. It is just an early iteration and we will continue working on that.
- General texture improvements.
- Fixed several crash bugs in singleplayer and multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused the spouse to not stay in the church after the wedding and execute their previous task.
- Fixed a bug that caused workers to not continue their work after they fled with a full inventory.
- Fixed a bug that caused kidnapped characters to not get freed after the building they were chained in is conquered by their family.
- Fixed a bug that caused kidnapped characters to remain chained up if the building they are held captive in is bought by their own family.
- Fixed a bug that caused a character to get kidnapped despite the fact that the kidnapper’s inventory was full.
- Fixed a bug that caused a kidnapped character to be prisoner in multiple locations at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to allow kidnapped characters to be married via a dynasty trade.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to idle if they use the attack someone action twice on the same target.
- Fixed a bug that caused kidnapped characters to go to prison with their kidnapper.
- Fixed a bug that caused children born in captivity don’t get the kidnapped status effect.
- Fixed a bug that caused the verdict of a kidnapped judge to still be counted as valid.
- Fixed a bug that caused kidnapped characters to still be shown in certain scenes (eg. office voting).
- Fixed lots of edge cases for kidnapping characters.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to get stuck in resource gathering buildings.
- Fixed a bug that caused unconscious characters to randomly stand-up again.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to endlessly postpone the execution of henchmen.
- Fixed a bug that caused transporters to never procure more than a stack of 60 items.
- Fixed a bug that caused executions not being … executed … correctly and thus leading to a traffic jam of to-be-executed poor souls.
- Fixed a bug that caused the tutorial to get into a deadlock if a certain step is done before the quest has been received.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the avatar to leave the execution by using the send home button.
- Fixed a bug that caused rogue actions to be stopped if certain scenes are started.
- Several text bugs have been fixed.
The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3\” (standard under Windows).
Multiplayer: If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer: 61111 TCP & UDP, 36895 TCP & UDP, 36975 TCP & UDP. You can find this information in the FAQs Multiplayer
on our webpage as well!
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following might help: right-click on "The Guild 3" in your library, then Properties - "More" - Manage Installation - VERIFY/REPAIR
If you still have issues afterwards, then we recommend to uninstall the game and then manually delete the folder "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3\" (or "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Guild3\"). Then re-install the game.
Join our official Discord server (link
) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
For our next patch we are planning to refine the balancing for the new separated market system, adapt all the scenario maps and potentially already deliver the first iteration for the renting of mine, quarry and lumberyard.
A short outlook...
We are currently already working on a dialogue system that will increase immersion and also making some choices more impactful. This is going to be a big feature but we are progressing well - more on that in the coming developer diary :)
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.8: Google Form
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback - you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.