Patch notes for version EA 0.8.5.3 – June 12th, 2019
Build number: 580469
With this hotfix we want to address issues a lot of people seem to be having while joining multiplayer games as well as a problem with save games in singleplayer.
NOTE: The multiplayer mode is NOT implemented in the normal version. If you want to test the multiplayer, you need to unlock the corresponding BETA version for your game.
1) Open your games library and right-click on "The Guild 3".
2) Click on "Settings".
3) In the following menu switch on the "BETA CHANNELS" far right in the "CONFIGURE GAME" section, so that the channel dropdown appears in the same section.
4) Select "Add private channels" in the channel dropdown.
5) In the following window enter the code "multiplayerbeta" and confirm to make the MP-BETA available.
You can switch between the normal game and the MP-BETA if you choose the appropriate version in the channel dropdown in this window. It then takes a moment for the necessary data to be downloaded before you can play.
We will remove this BETA version as soon as we have firmly integrated the multiplayer mode into the game.
If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer:
- 61111 TCP & UDP
- 36895 TCP & UDP
- 36975 TCP & UDP
You can find these information as well in the FAQs Beta Multiplayer
on our webpage!
These were the two changes we made for this patch:
- Improved the process of joining multiplayer sessions. This should solve a lot of cases where people are having issues joining multiplayer games.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when loading a save game due to an inproperly setup character.
Please note: The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
- There still are cases where the game could crash when you try to join or host a multiplayer game.
- Right now if the host leaves the game or is destroyed, the multiplayer game is over.
- Building Addons are capped at 8, no matter what level your building is.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “Games” in the installation directory of The Guild 3.
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help: right-click on "The Guild 3" in your library, then Properties - "More" - Manage Installation - VERIFY/REPAIR
Join our official Discord server (link
) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.8.5: Google Form
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback - you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.