It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

if you mean the 2.46 package, GOG has been using it for a while now.

also, a small update to that package is coming soon, will be posted here once ready.
Post edited October 02, 2017 by voodoo47
ok, ready to go - this is a small update to the previously posted 2.46 package (both GOG and steam now use it), so if you are running either GOG or steam 2.46 build (or applied the 2.46 package to your install manually), this update is meant for you. do not apply if already patched up with SS2tool (6.1.1.6 or newer).

originally, it was meant to only fix a potentially game breaking situation on the Rick1 level, but in the end, a few more fixes made it in;

- fixed the Rick1 torpedo radiation area so it's not possible to progress without purging the radiation, as that could result the game getting into an unwinnable state
- few Rick1 areas were made less prone to unintentional falls
- restored the broken MedSci2 sub-armory code pda note
- fixed some AIs failing to perform their scripted event under certain circumstances
- Ops2 red assassin will trigger properly even when approached from the other side
- fixed some AIs not being affected by the stasis field generator
- simplified the medsci broken door fix
- a few membranes were moved a bit in the Many level, as Dark is simply unable to handle transparent objects partially submerged in water without rendering issues
- shotgun now has a muzzle flash, just like pistol and rifle
- navigation markers now properly identified by hud, and can also be deleted by frobbing (so it's possible to actually get rid of them on levels that have no map)
- a few more fixes to some improper objects

SS2_GOG_STEAM_2.46_22oct2017update

extract to your (GOG/steam 2.46) SS2 folder and overwrite. can be applied to a game in progress with no risk, saves will work, and your settings or controls will not be reset - this is purely a bugfix update.

as always, GOG and steam are free to integrate the update into their SS2 builds. also, this is a nice opportunity for GOG to get rid of the old shock2.exe that is still lurking in their build, and the Editor folder which contains a few editor resources that are unusable in their current state (would need more community stuff to actually run), and for steam to finally remove the old DataPermMods folder - as mentioned earlier, anyone placing any files there is asking for trouble. cam.cfg has always_play_intro set - this means the intro will be played each time the game is started (not just the first time). seems redundant.

also, steam is now enabling hud scaling by default, a choice that might not be liked by everyone - I would recommend following:

-enable automatic scaling instead of forcing 800*600 (d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 64 instead of d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 800 600)
-set up a steam shortcut that would be used to run the game without hud scaling, by adding -d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay to the target. would look like this in a target field of a windows shortcut:
"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\SS2\SS2.exe" -d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay (assuming steam shortcuts work in a similar manner)

that should allow people to run the game with unscaled hud without cfg editing.
Post edited October 22, 2017 by voodoo47
SCP beta4 is out, as always, lots of little fixes and improvements, but this release is a milestone - with the wormheart implant and wormskin armor finally fixed, from this moment on, SS2 has no more outright bugs as far as I'm aware. and it isn't even 20 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLhL5kQ-3Nw

the GOG/steam update will receive the critical fixes as always (soon).
Post edited November 01, 2017 by voodoo47
Thanks for reply, GoG latest changelog was for 2.45 not 2.46 so I got confused.

If I use SCP tool, it will automatically update my game, even with that hotfix you just posted?

And is the SS2 Newbie Modding Guide up to date?
both the GOG/steam update and SS2tool are not completely up to date at this moment (but all the fixes from the 22oct2017update are integrated in the tool, if that's what you were asking), so you'll need to load SCP if you want all of the latest and greatest - just follow the modding guide and you should be good.

I will post here once everything is up to date.
Post edited November 11, 2017 by voodoo47
voodoo47: SCP beta4 is out, as always, lots of little fixes and improvements, but this release is a milestone - with the wormheart implant and wormskin armor finally fixed, from this moment on, SS2 has no more outright bugs as far as I'm aware. and it isn't even 20 years old.

Pretty cool, thanks! When do you think the new version's gonna hit GOG?
Also are there any plans to update the underlying WINE-implementation at any point?
I need to post it first - it's almost done, just need to run through the game a couple of times making sure there are no hiccups.

no idea about the wine stuff.
voodoo47: SCP beta4 is out, as always, lots of little fixes and improvements, but this release is a milestone - with the wormheart implant and wormskin armor finally fixed, from this moment on, SS2 has no more outright bugs as far as I'm aware. and it isn't even 20 years old.

System Shock 2 installers were flagged as updated (from "2.46 Update" to "2.46 Update 2"), with no changelog, so was wondering if your work has anything to do with it.
yeah, it's the update from my October 06, 2017 post, scroll up a bit. still working on the third update (the mentioned wormskin and wormheart fix), but it's dragging out a bit - finally found out why the game spawns AIs right under the player's nose sometimes (conflicting flags on the spawnpoints), and I want this fixed and fully tested before I post the package.

more fixes are already in - like the transmitter quest art code bits being properly added as pda notes, deployed proximity grenades are fixed and actually deal damage to AIs now, missing shotgun hit effects have been re-added, the DE version has been fixed to load all the translated text properly and is now fully (was partially) uncensored, and more.
Post edited February 22, 2018 by voodoo47
ok, time to get this show on the road;

2.46 update3:
- the transmitter quest art code bits are now properly added as pda notes
- the transmitter now actually requires the player to restore power before it can be activated
- the purge radiation and reset power at Engineering quests will now always start up properly
- the Many brain ambience will now always stop once the Many sequence ends
- the wormheart implant heal and wormskin armor psi/health drain effects finally don't break upon level transition anymore
- fixed physdims on consumable alien organs, beakers and the autorepair unit
- fixed the cigarette script
- decontamination shower will work properly for all players in MP
- fixed trigger size on deployed proximity grenades so they would not explode prematurely dealing next to no damage, this means luring lesser enemies into mine traps is now a viable strategy
- the engine core flow ambient will start to play only after the engine has been activated, and the lighting setup works properly now
- readded missing hitspangs on the shotgun
- fixed some more AIs not being affected by the stasis field generator
- fixed rumbler being almost immune to worm guns (will take proper damage from the human mode now)
- tweaked the worm launcher projectiles setup, should be less wonky now when homing to targets
- added a ladder to the Hydro2 lilypad area that was very difficult to get out of
- resolved a few transparency issues on some flora
- added a rad meter to the Rick1 torpedo radiation area, and lowered the rad dosage received, as there is no more need to insta-kill the player because it's not possible to get through the area without purging the radiation anymore
- fixed conflicting flags on some spawnpoints that were causing the player to easily witness spawns under certain conditions (seeing a spawn should now be limited to edge case scenarios)
- fixed the extra spawn setups at Ops4 and Eng1 that were meant to make the player's life difficult when trying to complete the transfer Shodan and set core to overload quests to activate when the quests are received instead of when they are completed
- the underwater vent in the Many level will no longer insta kill the player by smashing him against the water surface
- the Happy Noodle bar on Earth now looks like a functional bar
- NPCs on Earth no longer use corpse skins
- the DE build was not loading some translated texts and textures properly, fixed now
- the DE build was already partially uncensored, finished the job and uncensored it completely. no more of that green blood nonsense
- removed invalid locations from install.cfg, this is required to load all the patched resources properly, will fit both GOG and steam builds

SS2_GOG_STEAM_2.46_18mar2018update

extract to your (GOG/steam 2.46 update1 or update2) SS2 folder and overwrite. can be applied to a game in progress with no risk, saves will work, and your settings or controls will not be reset (but any cam_ext.cfg tweaks will be).

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- the DE build of the game requires the DE version of install.cfg (or an edit to the file that changes language english to language german) or things WILL break
- enabled pixel perfect HUD scaling, that means anyone running the game at a vertical resolution of 960 pixels or higher will get scaled HUD (no smoothing, as this makes the text look awful)
- enabled ATOC, this means smooth texture edges as long as you have a DX10 capable gpu and OS
- the GOG build still has the old shock2.exe spooking around, an excellent opportunity to get rid of it

and a milestone has been reached - with this update, I'm not aware of anything that is outright broken in the GOG/steam build anymore, meaning that while stuff certainly can be tweaked to infinity, no things that flat out don't work should be left.

enjoy.
Post edited March 24, 2018 by voodoo47
and it's that time of year again - NewDark 2.47 is out, and that also means a new GOG/steam package:

2.47 update1:
- updated core files to 2.47
- ops4 now has a proper multiplayer respawn point, so should a player die before activating the QBR machine, they will respawn in the bulkhead instead of the game exiting to the main menu
- squashed a few more rogue props on a couple of objects
- restored the (delightful) worm consumption sound when healing from piles of worms
- fixed a few typos in filenames that were causing a few object textures to not load properly
- fixed that broken animation that would sometimes snap NPC hands and heads around in the Happy Noodle bar

SS2_GOG_STEAM_2.47_06jul2018

this is a full package, will get any GOG or steam version up to date.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
- the DE build of the game requires the DE version of install.cfg (or an edit to the file that changes language english to language german) or things WILL break
Post edited July 06, 2018 by voodoo47
Thanks for all your work patching and fixing, this great game! :D

The mod list on the OP seems to be broken. I followed it to Systemshock.org and the SS2 Newbie Modding Guide. Are the recommended mods listed, still currently recommended?
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4447.0
link works fine for me. yes, the list at systemshock.org is kept up to date.
Yes, it must have been a glitch in my browser. It's working fine now, thanks.
voodoo47: and it's that time of year again - NewDark 2.47 is out, and that also means a new GOG/steam package:

2.47 update1:
- updated core files to 2.47
- ops4 now has a proper multiplayer respawn point, so should a player die before activating the QBR machine, they will respawn in the bulkhead instead of the game exiting to the main menu
- squashed a few more rogue props on a couple of objects
- restored the (delightful) worm consumption sound when healing from piles of worms
- fixed a few typos in filenames that were causing a few object textures to not load properly
- fixed that broken animation that would sometimes snap NPC hands and heads around in the Happy Noodle bar

SS2_GOG_STEAM_2.47_06jul2018

this is a full package, will get any GOG or steam version up to date.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Hi.
What do I do after downloading and unzipping?
Thanks.