ok, ready to go - this is a small update to the previously posted 2.46 package
(both GOG and steam now use it), so if you are running either GOG or steam 2.46 build (or applied the 2.46 package to your install manually), this update is meant for you. do not apply if already patched up with SS2tool (184.108.40.206 or newer).
originally, it was meant to only fix a potentially game breaking situation on the Rick1 level, but in the end, a few more fixes made it in;
- fixed the Rick1 torpedo radiation area so it's not possible to progress without purging the radiation, as that could result the game getting into an unwinnable state
- few Rick1 areas were made less prone to unintentional falls
- restored the broken MedSci2 sub-armory code pda note
- fixed some AIs failing to perform their scripted event under certain circumstances
- Ops2 red assassin will trigger properly even when approached from the other side
- fixed some AIs not being affected by the stasis field generator
- simplified the medsci broken door fix
- a few membranes were moved a bit in the Many level, as Dark is simply unable to handle transparent objects partially submerged in water without rendering issues
- shotgun now has a muzzle flash, just like pistol and rifle
- navigation markers now properly identified by hud, and can also be deleted by frobbing (so it's possible to actually get rid of them on levels that have no map)
- a few more fixes to some improper objects SS2_GOG_STEAM_2.46_22oct2017update
extract to your (GOG/steam 2.46) SS2 folder and overwrite. can be applied to a game in progress with no risk, saves will work, and your settings or controls will not be reset - this is purely a bugfix update.
as always, GOG and steam are free to integrate the update into their SS2 builds. also, this is a nice opportunity for GOG to get rid of the old shock2.exe that is still lurking in their build, and the Editor folder which contains a few editor resources that are unusable in their current state (would need more community stuff to actually run), and for steam to finally remove the old DataPermMods folder - as mentioned earlier, anyone placing any files there is asking for trouble. cam.cfg has always_play_intro
set - this means the intro will be played each time the game is started (not just the first time). seems redundant.
also, steam is now enabling hud scaling by default, a choice that might not be liked by everyone - I would recommend following:
-enable automatic scaling instead of forcing 800*600 (d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 64
instead of d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 800 600
-set up a steam shortcut that would be used to run the game without hud scaling, by adding -d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay
to the target. would look like this in a target field of a windows shortcut: "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\SS2\SS2.exe" -d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay
(assuming steam shortcuts work in a similar manner)
that should allow people to run the game with unscaled hud without cfg editing.