It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

just unzip directly into your SS2 folder. also no need to do this if you have the GOG version, as it is already up to date.
voodoo47: just unzip directly into your SS2 folder. also no need to do this if you have the GOG version, as it is already up to date.
I have the gog version.Should I just ignore this whole thing?
Thanks.
yes, no need to do anything if you have the GOG version (assuming you are either using the Galaxy client that will keep the game up to date, or used the latest standalone installer).
SS2 patch 2.48 is out, and a new SS2 build is now available via the beta channel (click MORE/Settings, enable BETA channel in Galaxy). mostly just file cleanup and bugfixes - nothing major, but there is one extra Shodan mail playing now that was not firing up properly because of a bug for nearly 20 years now.

so if you like Terri's voice, this one's for you.
Post edited June 17, 2019 by voodoo47
voodoo47: SS2 patch 2.48 is out, and a new SS2 build is now available via the beta channel (click MORE/Settings, enable BETA channel in Galaxy). mostly just file cleanup and bugfixes - nothing major, but there is one extra Shodan mail playing now that was not firing up properly because of a bug for nearly 20 years now.

so if you like Terri's voice, this one's for you.
Nice, where/when does it fire?
once all the Ops stuff is done and the player is about to leave the deck.
Post edited July 12, 2019 by Pyromancer138
low rated
voodoo47: once all the Ops stuff is done and the player is about to leave the deck.
Nice.

Also just wanted to say like everyone else that it's nice you guys/gals have been keeping this stuff(Mods-etc) up-to-date for all of us over the years. It is much appreciated. *tips hat*
I got SS2. And the blu mod mgr. now what should I use. Should I play vanilla first ?
Thanks
I would recommend going SCP+SHTUP-ND, even for a first time player. it's as close to SS2 Gold as it can get - see here.
voodoo47: I would recommend going SCP+SHTUP-ND, even for a first time player. it's as close to SS2 Gold as it can get - see here.
Thanks. I've never player I'm looking forward to this.
whats the best place to go for fan missions/expansions to single player?
googling "system shock 2 fan missions" and clicking the first result will bring you there.
Post edited January 30, 2020 by voodoo47
Is there a reason this is not longer listed as compatible with mac? ~2017 this was listed as compatible with both Mac and Windows.
because that is what is happening - the mac build has issues under the latest apple os/wine, iirc. currently, grabbing the windows version and running it under the latest wine seems to be the way to go.