It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There's a new fix for the game available in the form of an updated ddraw.dll

You can download dgVoodoo2 from http://dege.freeweb.hu/

You will need to extract the contents of the MS folder to Septerra Core's root folder and overwrite ddraw.dll

Also extract dgVoodooCpl.exe and play a bit with those settings and see which one works for your system.
i didn't have any .avi files or ddraw.dll or QuickTime.qts in the root folder

but besides that i followed the steps to this fix perfectly (aside from having to place the .db files differently because administrator priviledges bullshit) and this fix didn't work

back to square 1
Post edited July 24, 2017 by foulidity
I tried, and I am giving up. I got the videos to play under Win 10, but the mouse and screen have around a 1 Hz update rate (as others have said).

Note that, initially, I could get NOTHING to work, until I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack. Then some progress, but still slow performance.
Silvery-Corgan: There's a new fix for the game available in the form of an updated ddraw.dll

You can download dgVoodoo2 from http://dege.freeweb.hu/

You will need to extract the contents of the MS folder to Septerra Core's root folder and overwrite ddraw.dll

Also extract dgVoodooCpl.exe and play a bit with those settings and see which one works for your system.
I did both fixes in this thread, and it did not work until I did this. Thanks a bunch <3

EDITED

There is a small bug still, where launching the game from Galaxy will cause the intro videos to not play the video, only the audio. Launching the game from the game folder however does not cause this to happen.

I'm willing to live with this.
Post edited January 02, 2018 by Shriketastic
Thx man, that's really working.
Thanks very much. this fix worked for me as well. windows 10 64 bit:)
The instructions from the first post of this thread also work for me. (Windows10 64bit with a nVidia GTX970)

Thank you so much for your help, Silvery-Corgan, much appreciated!