It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silvery-Corgan: Hello,

I found a solution for the game to run on Windows 10. Please make this post sticky.

After installing the game, you need to remove all .avi files from the installation dir as well as "ddraw.dll" and "QuickTime.qts".

Download the following file. It contains the movies and the QT fix: mega.nz/#!tB80ULaS!W0DyyPzWa3lS7in_ko7L3lgckNcY0MMLf-VXXxRIM-I

Replace the .DB files in the installation dir with the ones from my archive.

Place the files inside the archive "QT4.zip" into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64

You will find "QT4.zip" in my uploaded archive.

Conclusion: Videos work and there is no stuttering. It's like back in '99 when the game was released.

PS: I'm not allowed to publish full links here. You'll need to copy the link into your browser to access the file hosted at mega. I've scanned the file with Virustotal and it's clean:

virustotal.com/en/file/806b27d23ca0c17d7fd4b502de6690c335fdbea10a8523390ac27b647730ebb4/analysis/1448203864/
@Silvery-Corgan
Thank you very much for the DB and quick timer it was what I needed for the 0 kb DB file in the directory
This and the sitting from

https://www.gog.com/forum/septerra_core_legacy_of_the_creator/possible_windows_81_fix_for_movies_and_normal_gameplay

Make it work 100 % on my win 8.1 :D
Vids play but now the game is screwed up. Pink and only takes up 1/4 of screen!!
Just dropping by to say a big Thank You for this!
Works perfectly on my Win 10 x64.
Works for me as well. Finally I can play the game properly without stuttering. Thank you so much! :)

I found a solution for the game to run on Windows 10. Please make this post sticky.

After installing the game, you need to remove all .avi files from the installation dir as well as "ddraw.dll" and "QuickTime.qts".

Download the following file. It contains the movies and the QT fix: mega.nz/#!tB80ULaS!W0DyyPzWa3lS7in_ko7L3lgckNcY0MMLf-VXXxRIM-I

Place the files inside the archive "QT4.zip" into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Conclusion: Videos work and there is no stuttering. It's like back in '99 when the game was released.

PS: I'm not allowed to publish full links here. You'll need to copy the link into your browser to access the file hosted at mega. I've scanned the file with Virustotal and it's clean:

virustotal.com/en/file/806b27d23ca0c17d7fd4b502de6690c335fdbea10a8523390ac27b647730ebb4/analysis/1448203864/
Thank you so much for this, I have been wanting to replay Septera core for a long time, but have held off due to compatibility issues.
sbectol: Vids play but now the game is screwed up. Pink and only takes up 1/4 of screen!!
You didn't put the files into the Syswow folder correctly. unzip the folder and then copy and paste the Quicktime.qtp and Quicktime.qts files directly into C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
Post edited June 06, 2016 by m3monster
Forgot to mention this, but for people who have Windows on 32 bits the Quicktime.qts file should go to C:\Windows\System32 as the folder SysWOW64 doesn't exist on a 32 bit system.
copying the files doesn't seem to do much but break it further, now i just get a panic error about Direct Draw
xbruce88x: copying the files doesn't seem to do much but break it further, now i just get a panic error about Direct Draw
I'm having the exact same problem. Sadly my own fix that worked for Windows 8.1 no longer works in Windows 10 @_@

I assume that TC got the movie and quicktime files from the Steam version? I couldn't figure out how to unpack the files from his downloadable archive, so I took the Steam version's files and otherwise followed the directions to the letter.

Any time I try to run the game without the ddraw.ddl file that comes with the gog.com version, the game absolutely refuses to run.

EDIT: YESSSSSSS!!!! Finally figured out how to unpack your archive (had to download an app from the Windows store), and after following your directions, IT WORKS ON WINDOWS 10!!!!

Thank you so much! You rock TC! :D
Post edited July 16, 2016 by Runico
Thank you very much, Silvery-Corgan. I thought I'd never be able to play Septerra Core until I came across this thread. Your solution works perfectly!
I'm surprised GOG.com hasn't developed some kind of patch that implements this fix for those people trying to play the game under Windows 10
well im able to play it on Windows 10 but it doesn't like running on my system with my nVidia card. I did a test with my laptop as well, which has an NVS4200 and intel grapics. It runs fine when its being rendered by the intel chip, but it lags a lot when on the nvidia card. same with my deskop GTX970
Fixed the game 100%! Thx, dude!
Works great! It took me a couple of times to actually follow the directions properly, but I got it!

Place the files inside the archive "QT4.zip" into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (Or C:\Windows\System32 if you have 32 bits Windows)

xbruce88x: well im able to play it on Windows 10 but it doesn't like running on my system with my nVidia card. I did a test with my laptop as well, which has an NVS4200 and intel grapics. It runs fine when its being rendered by the intel chip, but it lags a lot when on the nvidia card. same with my deskop GTX970
I have a laptop with Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M and works perfectly with the official drivers. Otherwise if it works on your Intel then why would you need NVidia? This game is old anyway (1998) and shouldn't require much computing power.
Thanks for the fix! It`s worked!