The Multiplayer Update is released!
Hey everyone, the Multiplayer Update
is now released!
Up to 8 people can play together, building the same park.
You can play sandbox parks together and also campaign scenarios.
The majority of mods are compatible with multiplayer mode. A few mods will need to be updated to be compatible.
You can select which DLCs to enable for a multiplayer session, so if you want to play with someone who doesn't have one of the DLCs installed you can do so by simply deselecting it.
When playing in multiplayer mode
everyone works on the same park together. You can see what the other people are doing - it's a bit like everyone is playing together on the same PC. Creating a new game or joining one is done through a lobby.
You can also directly invite your friends to join. It's pretty easy! Changelog
- added co-op multiplayer mode! Now you can build parks with up to 7 other people together
- added a new background music track
- improved decoration score calculation speed
- fixed fences not sticking to terrain when terraforming
- fixed a case where decoration could be seen through the terrain
- fixed a bug where guest money setting would not be stored properly when editing a scenario
Cross-play between Windows/Mac/Linux systems is not available currently. We'll continue working on it.
If anything goes wrong during a multiplayer session you'll get an option for uploading an error report. We'll keep a close eye on those and will release patches as quickly as possible if any problems occur.
If you're having trouble with desyncs please try having all players join your multiplayer session lobby before starting the game. Joining mid-game is currently more likely to lead to desyncs. Multiplayer Roadmap + Updates Next steps
- fix desyncs!
- add permissions to be able to control who can change time, who can build where etc
- investigate cross-play for Windows/Mac/Linux Changes
Version 1.7a / 1.7p1:
- multiplayer: added player count display to player list button
- multiplayer: fixed a desync that could happen when building fences
- multiplayer: fixed a desync that could be caused by shopkeepers
- multiplayer: fixed an error message in the multiplayer lobby