It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MitchShudlem: If the purpose is to make the rest of the game easier, then why not make a slower schedule that lets you take all shipments?
Purpose is to finish the game in 7 days with all sectors captured (currently the fastest i can imagine without save/loads). Im not did it yet.

As you back, just tell me when youll plan to play next session, so ill release z version.
Post edited February 04, 2021 by DarzaR
DarzaR: Purpose is to finish the game in 7 days with all sectors captured (currently the fastest i can imagine without save/loads). Im not did it yet.

As you back, just tell me when youll plan to play next session, so ill release z version.
I understand, that is a challange in itself, but still it is rather a special challange. Whether that is the most satisfying way to finish JA is a matter of personal preference. Is that what you are after, Zemalf?

Just release the z whenever you are ready, I think I would pick it up soon.
MitchShudlem: Just release the z whenever you are ready, I think I would pick it up soon.
Updated a links in first message to 1.15z. Nothing groundbreaking there tho. SectorData is also updated, in old version wasnt easy to search for keys/doors match, now more useful.
MitchShudlem: 21. I have had some game freezes (hard ones, I had to restart DOSBox) at the event of enemy throwing tear gas. I don't think I have experienced this on my latest game in 1.15y. Maybe I just have been lucky with it this time, maybe it has something to do with core parameter (I changed to normal for this version) or maybe you fixed it already (but I couldn't find anything related to it in readme, unless it is this one "Occasional lockup caused by AI's routine resulting in game freeze during enemy turn is fixed").
As not much time passed yet, i updated the links for 1.15z instead of waiting for possible later release, as likely i found and fixed this one, and because one i fixed is a critical unrecoverable freeze. Download again, please.

[- In case the last acting during opponent's turn Enemy is noticed as unseen attacker, or spreading of an Enemy TearGas caused a detection of its yet unnoticed thrower, a game could end in a lockup. Fixed in 1.15z. ]
Post edited February 06, 2021 by DarzaR
MitchShudlem: 21. I have had some game freezes (hard ones, I had to restart DOSBox) at the event of enemy throwing tear gas. I don't think I have experienced this on my latest game in 1.15y. Maybe I just have been lucky with it this time, maybe it has something to do with core parameter (I changed to normal for this version) or maybe you fixed it already (but I couldn't find anything related to it in readme, unless it is this one "Occasional lockup caused by AI's routine resulting in game freeze during enemy turn is fixed").
DarzaR: As not much time passed yet, i updated the links for 1.15z instead of waiting for possible later release, as likely i found and fixed this one, and because one i fixed is a critical unrecoverable freeze. Download again, please.

[- In case the last acting during opponent's turn Enemy is noticed as unseen attacker, or spreading of an Enemy TearGas caused a detection of its yet unnoticed thrower, a game could end in a lockup. Fixed in 1.15z. ]
I have to admit, I do not understand the description in brackets. But since it appears to be related to tear gas, I assume it has to be the bug i referred to. Thank you.
DarzaR: [- In case the last acting during opponent's turn Enemy is noticed as unseen attacker, or spreading of an Enemy TearGas caused a detection of its yet unnoticed thrower, a game could end in a lockup. Fixed in 1.15z. ]
MitchShudlem: I have to admit, I do not understand the description in brackets. But since it appears to be related to tear gas, I assume it has to be the bug i referred to. Thank you.
Well, that mean that every other one is understandable? I wouldnt expect it with my English level actually.

Ill try to use other words. If Enemy, who act last during their turn do attack, it could cause a freeze. Approximate equivalent is when player fire a weapon and immediately press Done; bullet fired during Player's turn will do stuff already on Opponent's turn. In case of Enemy firing and passing a turn to Player it also could cause a freeze, likely the one with tear gas you mentioned, as its most easy way to reproduce it. Additionally, there is (hypothetical, actually, but verified) a case when spreading TearGas (event, that happens during start of turn) could case a new affected merc to notice a thrower of it (very improbable, as that thrower had to be unnoticed still, despite throwing a grenade), this case would also cause freeze, and it also fixed.
Post edited February 09, 2021 by DarzaR
Hello Darzar, I'm really impressed by your knowledge of the game and I was wondering if you could answer a question on how processing plant explosion mechanism is triggered.

As far as I understand it, in each plant there's a stationary detonator (mounted on a wall or tree) and a remote one, that a certain enemy carries. So these should be the only two ways the AI can use to blow up the plant. But when I was capturing the plant in Sector 27, I seem to remember I had killed the guard outside the main factory building (who has the remote detonator) and walked inside the room with the two guards. As soon as I entered, on the next turn one of the guards ran into the western room (the one with two glass jars) and the plant exploded. Unfortunately I don't have save files for this and I could've misinterpreted something or remembered wrong. But certain old guides also mention that enemies will radio other enemies, asking them to use the detonator. Is this false?
aleeque: Is this false?
No.

Actually im failing to got what the assumed problem in description is, maybe i just have to wait for 2 days for the end of the multiple edits, totally changing an original question in process, tho.
aleeque: Is this false?
DarzaR: No.

Actually im failing to got what the assumed problem in description is
Well, I'm just failing to understand how exactly the sabotage mechanism works in general. The two detonators are more or less obvious. But are there any other methods the enemy can use to trigger the explosion? Or are you 100% safe as soon as the enemy with the remote detonator dies and the other enemies are prevented from reaching the mounted one?
aleeque: Well, I'm just failing to understand how exactly the sabotage mechanism works in general. The two detonators are more or less obvious. But are there any other methods the enemy can use to trigger the explosion? Or are you 100% safe as soon as the enemy with the remote detonator dies and the other enemies are prevented from reaching the mounted one?
Yes, you are 100% safe from sabotage explosion as soon as the enemy with the remote detonator dies and the other enemies are prevented from reaching the mounted one, and yes, there are no any other methods the enemy can use to trigger the explosion. There was nothing contradicting to it in your original question. What exact part of how exactly the sabotage mechanism works in general you failing to understand?
aleeque: Well, I'm just failing to understand how exactly the sabotage mechanism works in general. The two detonators are more or less obvious. But are there any other methods the enemy can use to trigger the explosion? Or are you 100% safe as soon as the enemy with the remote detonator dies and the other enemies are prevented from reaching the mounted one?
DarzaR: Yes, you are 100% safe from sabotage explosion as soon as the enemy with the remote detonator dies and the other enemies are prevented from reaching the mounted one, and yes, there are no any other methods the enemy can use to trigger the explosion. There was nothing contradicting to it in your original question. What exact part of how exactly the sabotage mechanism works in general you failing to understand?
Thanks.

I was suspecting that enemies without the remote detonator could somehow (via radio?) contact other enemies and force them to use the remote trigger or run to the mounted detonator. You're right though that this doesn't contradict the original question. I just wanted to know this wasn't true and the 2 detonators were all the enemy had.
Post edited February 18, 2021 by aleeque
aleeque: I was suspecting that enemies without the remote detonator could somehow (via radio?) contact other enemies and force them to use the remote trigger or run to the mounted detonator. You're right though that this doesn't contradict the original question. I just wanted to know this wasn't true and the 2 detonators were all the enemy had.
If you actually asking do the enemies radio about player mercs, then yes, they does, though its not free and automatic process like on a player side. Its not something directly related to sabotage, just during sabotage mission, enemies, who aware of player merc presence, would try to detonate bombs by method(s) possible to them, if they do not currently dragged in battle. The way they learn about player mercs presence, from their personal "feelings" or by team radio is not matter. Is it the question you were about?

Also see https://www.gog.com/forum/jagged_alliance_series/ja1_unofficial_115_patch/post81 for Team list.
Post edited February 18, 2021 by DarzaR
aleeque: I was suspecting that enemies without the remote detonator could somehow (via radio?) contact other enemies and force them to use the remote trigger or run to the mounted detonator. You're right though that this doesn't contradict the original question. I just wanted to know this wasn't true and the 2 detonators were all the enemy had.
DarzaR: If you actually asking do the enemies radio about player mercs, then yes, they does, though its not free and automatic process like on a player side. Its not something directly related to sabotage, just during sabotage mission, enemies, who aware of player merc presence, would try to detonate bombs by method(s) possible to them, if they do not currently dragged in battle. The way they learn about player mercs presence, from their personal "feelings" or by team radio is not matter. Is it the question you were about?

Also see https://www.gog.com/forum/jagged_alliance_series/ja1_unofficial_115_patch/post81 for Team list.
Yes, thanks. I was only vaguely suspecting the existence of this "radio" mechanic in the game, but didn't know about it for certain. When capturing the plant in Sector 31, I was engaged in combat for 2 or 3 turns with the first enemy there in the south-east corner of the map (he didn't have the remote trigger), and since this was the first enemy met by me, if he chose to radio his allies, they could've used either of the detonators. But he didn't, he just shot at me until he died. I guess the AI won't use the radio if they have more important things to do, like fighting back?
aleeque: and since this was the first enemy met by me, if he chose to radio his allies, they could've used either of the detonators. But he didn't, he just shot at me until he died. I guess the AI won't use the radio if they have more important things to do, like fighting back?
When Enemy in direct contact with opponent merc, he could decide only from fight or flight (more precisely, unless that enemy already on the move to sabotage target, in this case he will ignore everything else as long as some path to it is open). Fight or flight decision is based on expected damage could be done, and by Orders and Attitude of Enemy in question. When Enemy do know about opponent merc's presence, but not in direct contact with any of them, he could do some other thing, like radio to other enemies. Thats why they do that odd maneuvre of running away from player sometimes: to be able to do some other options like radio, instead of immediately engage in battle. In any case, the chance for radio is random-based, and enemy could decide to not do so, sabotage missions do not affect it. That mean what directly engaged in fight Enemy could eventually decide to take a cover and, due to losing a direct contact with player's merc, proceed to another option, like radio; but generally "engaging in battle" works for player well, just without 100% guarantee (of course enemies around could also be awared, say by hearing a shots).
aleeque: and since this was the first enemy met by me, if he chose to radio his allies, they could've used either of the detonators. But he didn't, he just shot at me until he died. I guess the AI won't use the radio if they have more important things to do, like fighting back?
DarzaR: When Enemy in direct contact with opponent merc, he could decide only from fight or flight (more precisely, unless that enemy already on the move to sabotage target, in this case he will ignore everything else as long as some path to it is open). Fight or flight decision is based on expected damage could be done, and by Orders and Attitude of Enemy in question. When Enemy do know about opponent merc's presence, but not in direct contact with any of them, he could do some other thing, like radio to other enemies. Thats why they do that odd maneuvre of running away from player sometimes: to be able to do some other options like radio, instead of immediately engage in battle. In any case, the chance for radio is random-based, and enemy could decide to not do so, sabotage missions do not affect it. That mean what directly engaged in fight Enemy could eventually decide to take a cover and, due to losing a direct contact with player's merc, proceed to another option, like radio; but generally "engaging in battle" works for player well, just without 100% guarantee (of course enemies around could also be awared, say by hearing a shots).
Thanks, that's very valuable info. I was always wondering about that little animation of talking into a radio they added in JA2, I thought it was just cosmetics but apparently it's a real mechanic. Too bad there's no animation for this in JA1.