It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Run as Administrator" mode works for me on at least this install. Also installed in "Run as Administrator". Fraps was on, too, but that probably wasn't it.

Probably won't work for everyone, and probably been mentioned before, but I thought I'd post it.

Was able to set the graphics to full in both I'76 Stock and Nitro without any glitches, but only tested lone Auto Melee (just cruising) so far.

I'll post if it stops working or doesn't work somewhere. May also post results of tests, if anyone wants them.

Edit1: I installed using the normal download, not the GoG Downloader. That probably didn't make a difference, either.
Post edited December 09, 2013 by Narf_the_Mouse
I don't know if people have suggested better methods of limiting the frame rate than the original poster but I suggest you download a program that allows you to fully control your GPU drivers. I'm using NVIDIA Inspector and it unlocks a function simply called "Frame Rate Limiter" with many useful limit options. I use this to stop the jittery gameplay in Anachronox and black flickering in Outcast and I'm confident it will work with i76 as well.

No need to slow your CPUs down, vsync or run fraps. Just tell your GPU to bottleneck at a fixed rate.
I solved an "it won't run in Glide" bug by uninstalling AVG and installing a different AV.
Got the game to work quite well using nglide.

Settings in nglide:
screen res: 1024x768 - not sure if it does anything, game runs in 640x480 anyway
aspect ratio: 4:3
refresh rate: By app
vert sync: On

In ati control center I got the vert sync to always on and tripple buffer off.

No cpu slowdown utility or anything like this.

Launched using the i76.exe executable with -glide option

Hardware; AMD X2 m300 (2GHZ), Radeon HD5470
On a fairly modern system, I managed to slow the game down enough with the latest dgvoodoo to get the AI to behave reasonably, while also making the game look awesome. I experimented quite a lot, and came up with these setups for windowed and full-screen modes.

1. Download dgvoodoo v2.41 or later.

2. Don't keep the dgvoodoo archive structure, but instead extract the .exe and glide dlls so they're all in the same directory as i76.exe. Overwrite gog's ancient version.

3. Configure dgvoodoo as per screenshots (either windowed or full-screen).

4. For full-screen, change the dgvoodoo resolution to your native res. That way you don't get LCD scaling fuzziness while also helping the AI to chill the fuck out.

5. kill explorer.exe to fix cutscene colours*

6. run with i76.exe -glide

*Alternative to killing explorer:

1. Extract dxWnd v2.03.08 or later to its own folder.
2. Open dxWnd and import my profiles.
3. Check the path to your i76.exe in both text fields on the Main tab of your desired profile. Ensure you keep the -glide switch.
4. launch the game via dxWnd with either windowed or full-screen, depending on how you configured dgvoodoo. (this is important, as even though dxWnd intercepts process launches, the colour fix doesn't work unless you launch it directly from dxWnd).

NOTE (1): For me, there's some outstanding but intermittent crashes, particularly in the first mission. It might take up to 10 tries to pass mission 1. It often crashes either coming over the crest toward the Wagon Wheel, or when you kill the first baddie. If you have the same issue, maybe just play the first mission in software rendering before enabling Awesome Graphics Mode. I've completed the entire game with these settings, and had a random crash maybe once every 3 missions after mission 1.

Note (2): The bug where the incorrect sprites are drawn, especially after blowing up the fireworks stand is directly related to the amount of texture memory configured in dgvoodoo. I've found that the game needs at least 2048 kB and 1 TMU for its textures, but if you increase it any higher at all, you experience that bug. 2048 kB is the only way to go.
Attachments:
sample.jpg (302 Kb)
I've implemented the above method. SUCCESS! The game runs, and it appears to behave fine at least in the training area. I'll try out the TRIP and scenarios later, plus my steering wheel to see if the game handles it.

Issues I ran into:
Minor wheel wobble whenever my own car is AI controlled during in-mission cutscene, causing the car to go in unexpected directions.

Minor shadow flickering.

Resolution is forced to 640x480, making for a fairly blurry world to drive into.
I apologize for this trick but I'm new to this forum and this forum says me than "I'm not allowed to post links here" but to show bug that I found I need to show my screenshots so here is image file with bug description and excuse me but you will need to enter links by you hands because there is no way for me to post links here because forum not allowing it to me. Links are short so it should not be problem. I'll be happy if someone who can post links will post them...
Attachments:
bud.jpg (340 Kb)
high rated
Interstate '76 (GOG) working on Windows 10 64-bit with these specs:
AMD FX 6300, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7790 2GB

*In the Interstate 76 game directory, rename glide.dll, glide2x.dll, glide2x.ovl, OpenGLid.ini file extensions to .bak
*Download dgVoodoo 2.5 (or newer version) Glide wrapper. You'll need a DirectX 11 compatible video card for it to work. The download is the first result on Google.
*Unzip and copy dgVoodooSetup.exe and dgVoodoo's .dll files (Glide.dll, Glide2x.dll, Glide3x.dll, D3DImm.dll. DDraw.dll) in to the game directory. Do this for Nitro Pack too.
*Run dgVoodooSetup.exe as an Administrator to set up the wrapper.
*Compability Mode Settings for I76.EXE and nitro.exe (in exe properties, Compability tab):
Change settings for all users
- Compability mode: WIndows 98/Windows ME. Without it, the game may crash with an "unhandled exception" error.
- [x] Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
- [x] Run this program as an administrator

If you're using GOG Galaxy, disable automatic updates for the game so Galaxy won't overwrite the wrapper files.

Command line Launcher. To run the game, use this launcher. This forces the game to use only the first CPU core.
Create a text file with the following text and rename it to i76.cmd.
Change the "cd" folder path to match your game install. For Nitro Pack, do the same but change references to I76.EXE to nitro.exe.

@echo off
cd C:\GOG\Interstate 76
if not exist "I76.EXE" goto no_game
if exist Glide.dll goto gog
goto end

:gog
echo Starting Interstate '76...
start /I /b /w "Interstate '76" /affinity 1 "I76.EXE" -glide
goto end

:no_game
echo ERROR: Game not found. Is Glide wrapper installed and the cd path correct?
pause

:end
echo Closing game...
Attachments:
i76glide.png (29 Kb)
i76comp.png (12 Kb)
Post edited January 10, 2016 by ComSR
ComSR: Interstate '76 (GOG) working on Windows 10 64-bit with these specs:
AMD FX 6300, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7790 2GB

Holy Crap! This works. This and Sufyan's suggestion to use the Nvidia Inspector's Frame Rate Limiter (i set mine to 30fps, this fixes the wonky AI driving/wobbly tires) is honestly the first time I have gotten i76 to work flawlessly since it was first available on GoG. Thank you so much.
Post edited February 26, 2016 by ttcfcl
Right, so i got most of it to work, but music wont play.

Im using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
Post edited March 21, 2016 by DGVerwoert
i just finished the main game, and some few notes:

No matter how hard you fix the glide, the game WILL crash sometime, notorious crashes are: missions 13 (you are unconscious) and post mission 14 (end game missions) i got feed up and played in the software mode, is much more stable.

my tip for playing the game with few crashes:

Rename all glide files (to run software mode) , limit framerate to 30 via MSI afterburner, play in 640x480, win xp sp2 compatibility.

3d is nice and all, with dgvodoo i was able to get perfect 3D with 1080P but the crashes make it very anoying.
I have a Radeon HD 7870 with driver ver. 16.3.2. This is how I got I76 to work in win10 at high resolution (1440x900) with hardware acceleration and glitchless physics:

1. I76.exe does not require any compatibility options in my case.
2. Make a shortcut of i76.exe and add "-glide", as usual.
3. Move somewhere or rename these files in the game's main directory:

glide.dll
glide2x.dll

4. Download dgvoodoo. Not all versions of dgvoodoo seem to work. The last one that worked for me was v2.51. Experiment with different versions, see what works for your hardware config.
5. Copy these files from dgvoodoo's MS directory into the I76 directory:

D3dImm.dll
Ddraw.dll

and glide2x.dll from dgvoodoo's 3Dfx directory into the I76 directory.

6. In DgvoodooSetup.exe in the general options tab set:

Full screen with Scaling mode set to centered

and in the Glide options tab set:

3Dfx card: Voodoo Rush
Onboard RAM: 2MB
Memory size per TMU: 2048kB
Number of TMUs: 1

(this got rid of some nasty texture corruption I was experiencing when using the default voodoo 2 settings)

Set up a custom resolution with custom resolution utility (monitortests.com/forum/thread-custom-resolution-utility-cru) that has the same vertical pixel count as your monitor's native resolution but 4:3 aspect ratio, e.g. if your monitor's native resolution is 1440x900, set the custom res to 1200x900. Select this resolution in the Glide and DirectX tabs of dgvoodoo.
Force Vsync on

7. Make sure in your radeon software settings you have GPU scaling on and scaling mode set to maintain aspect ratio.

8. Now the game should run mostly fine but the framerate is still too high, even with Vsync on. I76's physics works best at 30 fps, which is what we want to set. The tool to do it is either Bandicam or MSI Afterburner (in the RivaTuner statistics menu). Both seem to work fine. I had no success with the Radeon software framerate limiter.

Oh, one more thing. Plays.tv application can throw a wrench in all your efforts. Turn it off.

The game should now run at your native resolution pillarboxed (black bars on the sides). The game doesn't support widescreen and I prefer letterboxed to stretched.

Video demonstrating the result: youtube.com/watch?v=9UyOuqsvs64
Post edited February 05, 2019 by Wasudan
I have tried to set up dgVoodo to these settings but it appears to cause many issues.

1. Setting Windows 95 compatiilby causes the game to not be able to find 3D devices.

2. Setting any other mode causes the game to start fullscreen then crash.

3. dgVoodoo does not appear to understand windowed mode.

I actually wish I could refund this game at this rate, it's caused more frustration than it's worth.
leave it in software mode and DONT use launchers from this post. it just works
Is it possible to make glide work on a ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series GPU running windows 10? Also, If I'm not mistaken the latest version of I76 includes/uses OpenGlide, right?
Post edited February 04, 2017 by YitzhakLevi