Hey Moela and everyone else who posted above, I had some major success yesterday after many hours spent tweaking i76 GOG edition to run successfully on my Win 10 pro 64 PC. I have a fully playable game looking great with glide at my native resolution of 2560x1440. The bookmark and save success makes the difference since there is a crash between missions but you can quickly reload, load bookmark, and pick right back up (I am currently playing mission 10). The post at the link in step 2 below really helped me dial this all in. See notes below - PLEASE ask any questions to see if I can help or save you time.
Moela, Per your comment about playability - I am up to mission 10 and the glide graphics are wonderful. Try it.
1. Installed GOG i76 and nitro 500+ mb executable
2. dgvoodoo 2.54 install per 9 steps at this link. Made sure I specified folder in voodoo setup to i76 folder instead of appdata folder.
3. copied all DLL files into i76 folder that came with voodoo zip
4. Downloaded and staged in i76 folder i76_25fps.exe (I believe this is a gold version exe)
5. Created batch file in i76 folder to run this: start /w "Interstate 76" /high /affinity 1 i76_25fps.exe -glide. glide looks better and smoother than -d3d.
- trouble saving games but got passed it - Copying save001.cmp to create 002 and 003, etc slots seemed to allow for more saving success but double clicking the underscore entry above, double clicking the white space and clicking save twice appears to resolve.
- Game crashes frequently before next mission but just make sure to save before start and when done in garage. Save, Start mission, crash, load bookmark, then go back in - good to go.
- Occassional graphic glitch during game play but esc then back in resolves
- Current dgvoodoo settings I am running and many changes I tried did not appear to affect game play or crash issues: voodo banshee, 8MB, texturing: memory size 4096, TMUs 1, force linear filter, disable mipmapping, resolution 2560x1440 (my native), antialiasing off, everything checked in miscellaneous except 16bit depth buffer.
- Nvidia control panel setting changes but not sure they made a difference: anisotropic filtering 16x,
- i76_25fps.exe is NOT running in any compatibility mode.
- Trip play tested only. No multiplayer.
Post edited September 10, 2017 by rtharris98