It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

W3irdN3rd: If you PM me I can give you a link. (I don't know if I'm allowed to link zippyshare publicly on this forum)
smuggly: Ther is no G1 player kit 2.8 for G1 I can find there is 1 for Gothic 2 A2.8 Player kit. though. Is that the one?
No it's Gothic1_PlayerKit-2.8.exe. You can log into Yandex with bugmenot, I think.
smuggly: Ther is no G1 player kit 2.8 for G1 I can find there is 1 for Gothic 2 A2.8 Player kit. though. Is that the one?
W3irdN3rd: No it's Gothic1_PlayerKit-2.8.exe. You can log into Yandex with bugmenot, I think.
All the links take me to world of Gothic not sure about Yandex. OK I got in a 7z file from another link with all the Gothic stuff. Thanks
Post edited December 17, 2019 by smuggly
W3irdN3rd: No it's Gothic1_PlayerKit-2.8.exe. You can log into Yandex with bugmenot, I think.
smuggly: All the links take me to world of Gothic not sure about Yandex. OK I got in a 7z file from another link with all the Gothic stuff. Thanks
If the link is okay to post here, can you share it? The reason I have doubts about posting a zippyshare link here is because they run some sleazy ads.
smuggly: All the links take me to world of Gothic not sure about Yandex. OK I got in a 7z file from another link with all the Gothic stuff. Thanks
W3irdN3rd: If the link is okay to post here, can you share it? The reason I have doubts about posting a zippyshare link here is because they run some sleazy ads.
It's in this thread back aways label of download is gothic tools. someone put it all together.
OK I got things going but I had to edit the ini file to get 1920X1080? I dont remember having to do that before?The intro looks strange also 4.3 apect ratio I think.
OK I think I got it but had to settle foe 1.7 sys pack. Not installing yandex BS.
Post edited December 18, 2019 by smuggly
Gothic 2 gold Access violation. I put the DEP in on everything with no luck. Was running fine and went Bad.
Any help would be great. Especially A updated install guide. I did
2.6 rev 2 fix
player kit 2.8
notr 1.7
Put all start exe in DEO exclusios and still get a access violation. Never did this before.
Win 10 1909

Thanks
smuggly: Gothic 2 gold Access violation. I put the DEP in on everything with no luck. Was running fine and went Bad.
2.6 rev 2 fix
player kit 2.8
notr 1.7
Put all start exe in DEO exclusios and still get a access violation. Never did this before.
Win 10 1909

Thanks
Have the same issue: installed Gothic 2 Gold GoG then followed the instructions ( win 8.1 64).

Had the same issue - solved with with installing latest notr1.8 instead 1.7: https://github.com/GothicFixTeam/GothicFix/releases/
Post edited May 24, 2020 by delyan1981
smuggly: Gothic 2 gold Access violation. I put the DEP in on everything with no luck. Was running fine and went Bad.
2.6 rev 2 fix
player kit 2.8
notr 1.7
Win 10 1909

Thanks
delyan1981: Have the same issue: installed Gothic 2 Gold GoG then followed the instructions ( win 8.1 64).

Had the same issue - solved with with installing latest notr1.8 instead 1.7: https://github.com/GothicFixTeam/GothicFix/releases/
OK so just replace this. and use it instead of 1.7? The same order and everything?
Thanks
Actually can you give me the order in which you did it?
Post edited May 24, 2020 by smuggly
Just to warn everyone, I picked up a trojan virus in one of these downloads for Gothic 1:

Installation guide, version 1.7:
For "GOTHIC1: Classic"
1. Install game "GOTHIC1"
2. Install gothic1_playerkit-1.08k.exe, gothic1_playerkit-2.8.exe
3. Install G1Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe
4. Play.

Suspect the 1st but cannot be sure. I have nuked my entire install so can't double check.

Info below:

Filename: GothicStarter_mod.exe
Threat name: Trojan.Gen.2Full Path: D:\Program Files\Games\Gothic\system\GothicStarter_mod.exe

On computers as of 
26/07/2020 at 13:14:04

Last Used 
26/07/2020 at 13:16:06

Startup Item 
No

Launched 
No

Threat type: Virus. Programs that infect other programs, files, or areas of a computer by inserting themselves or attaching themselves to that medium.

GothicStarter_mod.exe Threat name: Trojan.Gen.2
Locate

Many Users
Thousands of users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Mature
This file was released 3 years 4 months ago.

High
This file risk is high.

Source: External Media

Source File:
GothicStarter_mod.exe

File Actions

File: D:\Program Files\Games\Gothic\system\ GothicStarter_mod.exe Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
39b4f714513f1833a8a979ce80914770c8eb81a4a52ddb7889a7aa1349b20610
File Thumbprint - MD5:
c4481be0778e4a8b6721afe1f9be34ed
GOG version is now 2.7. Do any of these instructions still work for 2.7?

How do I get D3D11 working for version 2.7?
landryan: Just to warn everyone, I picked up a trojan virus in one of these downloads for Gothic 1:

Installation guide, version 1.7:
For "GOTHIC1: Classic"
1. Install game "GOTHIC1"
2. Install gothic1_playerkit-1.08k.exe, gothic1_playerkit-2.8.exe
3. Install G1Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe
4. Play.

Suspect the 1st but cannot be sure. I have nuked my entire install so can't double check.

Info below:

Filename: GothicStarter_mod.exe
Threat name: Trojan.Gen.2Full Path: D:\Program Files\Games\Gothic\system\GothicStarter_mod.exe

On computers as of
26/07/2020 at 13:14:04

Last Used
26/07/2020 at 13:16:06

Startup Item
No

Launched
No

Threat type: Virus. Programs that infect other programs, files, or areas of a computer by inserting themselves or attaching themselves to that medium.

GothicStarter_mod.exe Threat name: Trojan.Gen.2
Locate

Many Users
Thousands of users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Mature
This file was released 3 years 4 months ago.

High
This file risk is high.

Source: External Media

Source File:
GothicStarter_mod.exe

File Actions

File: D:\Program Files\Games\Gothic\system\ GothicStarter_mod.exe Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
39b4f714513f1833a8a979ce80914770c8eb81a4a52ddb7889a7aa1349b20610
File Thumbprint - MD5:
c4481be0778e4a8b6721afe1f9be34ed
Did you report this to the website you downloaded from?
Did you confirm this was a virus using another source? This virus result could be a false positive - a lot of the behavior of files used by some modders are flagged by antivirus software because they think it is virus behavior. Submit the file for analysis and find out. Please report viruses to the website you got it from.
Post edited August 02, 2020 by urherpesvirus3518
Installing this game appears to be the first quest of this game itself, i'll wait for the remake, figure out how to play this game should not be this HARD
Post edited August 16, 2020 by blackragna
I couldn't find this issue anywhere on the internet so I figured I would leave a post here in case someone knew a better fix or if not at least someone else might see mine. When I went through the series of installing the playerkits and then the systempack no matter what I did G1Classic-SystemPack-1.8.exe would not work. The installer would crash out in the middle of the installation process every time I tried it. I tried launching the game on the chance that it had worked but the launcher would show up and after hitting play the game wouldn't actually launch. I had to kill the launcher in task manager and GOG still showed the game as running. I could find a process for gothic in task manager but it would not actually launch into the game. The only way around it was to useG1Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe instead of 1.8 which for whatever reason actually worked. I tried to find the system pack from other sources and every single one gave me the same result on 1.8 so it was not worth the effort to worry about it.
G1 1.08k works perfectly on it's own [1080p Win 10 NVIDIA GTX 650Ti]

G2 2.7 not working, haven't tried yet all song and dance with 1000 patches - have to have mood on that,
editing INI file / exe arguments not worth -> game always runs in windowed mode and even with good 1080p resolution ->
when you in game open inventory it's broken

and there is only DLC version, I would like to have also vanilla Gothic 2 :/
I have also pirated versions so I can get vanilla if I really want to, but it should be provided by GOG (in past was)

could this GOG fix please somehow?

--- edit you have to turn off any Logitech SetPoint software to be able to run Gothic 1
(Gothic 2 runs also with it but it has some other issues mentioned above and is not playable)
Post edited November 29, 2020 by michal.puskel
Try installing it somewhere outside of your Program Files(x86) folder. I just installed it into it's own folder in C: and it works fine.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by qhardwick