It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

starchaser777: We shouldn't have to lobby Galaxy of Games (GOG) to fix their own platform with critical errors galore.

But if a change.org petition is what they need before they acknowledge these flaws, their slow response times and admit their faults it may lead to them actually fixing them properly and permanently then we may as well start there.

One thing to be independent, another for GOG to detach themselves from all accountability and responsibility.
Argot: I installed GoG a few days ago:

The GalaxyClientService service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 24 time(s).
in reliability monitor and event viewer. there are numerous crashes and restarts. I'm convinced it's gog's network. But we'll find out on the next build I guess. They don't seem to care at all.
Argot: I installed GoG a few days ago:

The GalaxyClientService service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 24 time(s).
smuggly: in reliability monitor and event viewer. there are numerous crashes and restarts. I'm convinced it's gog's network. But we'll find out on the next build I guess. They don't seem to care at all.
It's not GOG's network. Or, rather, it's not just GOG's network (which is to say, something in GOG's network may be tickling a bug in Galaxy).

Crashes like this are always a bug. Always. No exceptions. Software should never, ever, crash. The error here is called an "access violation" (code 0xc0000005). That means the software attempted to access a memory region that had not been allocated to it. That is always a bug, pure and simple.

The proof is in the fact that older versions of Galaxy (like 2.0.55) don't crash like this. But even if they did, it'd still be a bug.

GOG has to fix this, and that's pretty much that.
Post edited February 21, 2023 by kcbrown
Came to check if this was fixed yet and whether I was safe to finally update from 2.0.55.99. Nope.

Surprised they've just left it crashing multiple times a day for almost a month now. Probably because it auto-restarts and crashes silently they don't think people care. I care. It spams my event logs so if/when I have *other* issues it's difficult to track them down in all the noise.
Hi community,

I apologize for my English, but I'm going to a translation site to be able to communicate with you, because I'm French but not bilingual, please be indulgent. And by the same occasion I am a handicapped person at the level of arms of the blow to write it is very difficult for me.

So if someone can help me it would be nice and I think at the same time I can help some of you with the error "GalaxyClientService.exe" that we all encounter since almost a month if not more with the version 2.0.57.14 and 2.0.58.4 - Beta.

I'm already coming to you because after the GOG Galaxy support gave a temporary solution and since almost two days I have no answer from them despite I have re-launched yesterday for the error "GalaxyClientService.exe" and to answer my questions knowing their temporary solution that gave me two other errors, but also to know when is the next update will be put for users to repair their error "GalaxyClientService.exe".

Because since there was their update with their version mentioned above, I immediately uninstalled "Cyberpunk 2077" and from what I read it takes their new version to be able to have their free DLC for this game. And knowing the bugs that were there for this game at its release I prefer to have a stable version of GOG Galaxy to be able to play it a little despite my handicap.

If someone knows about it and could enlighten me about their mistake for their manipulation quoted below it would be nice.
Because basically I uninstalled their application at least three times because of the "GalaxyClientService.exe" error that we all have. And I'd like to avoid uninstalling it a fourth time, or at least if I uninstall it that their new update fixes this error.
It will save me a lot of work because I already spent 18 hours if not more to find a solution by uninstalling and reinstalling several times their application.
I list below their solution and then I will list their error due to this manipulation and these are the two errors that will have to explain to me if it is possible, thank you in advance if someone can help me.

I) Here is the first solution of the GOG GALAXY support (I will try to synthesize it as well as I can):

It may help to do a clean reinstallation of GOG GALAXY.

First uninstall GOG GALAXY by running the unins000.exe file located in the GOG GALAXY installation folder (by default C:\Program Files (x86) \GalaxyClient).

Then make sure the following folders are also removed:
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com
C:\Users\All users\GOG.com
C:\Users\*username*AppDataLocalGOG.comGalaxyConfiguration
where *username* must be the username of your Windows account.
You must display the hidden files and folders in the "Folder and search options", if it is not already done.

Please add the GALAXY folders: ( This part is the antivirus part of your ,computer)
C:\Program Files (x86) \GalaxyClient
C:\Program Files (x86) \GOG Galaxy

To the list of exceptions of your security software. If the game is installed outside of the Galaxy folder, also add the game installation folder to the security software exception list.

This will allow GALAXY to forget the games you have installed. To import them, click on the GOG icon on the top left, select "Add games and friends" -> "Add game manually" or "Scan folders" and select the folder containing your games.

II) The second solution of GOG Galaxy support (which joins the first solution)

For this reason, you may wish to create a backup copy of the file :
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists\GalaxyUpdater.exe

So you have to go to the file hidden in your C drive: "ProgramData":

Create a folder in another location and save GalaxyUpdater.exe, then delete it.

Then you will keep the version you have installed and it will update itself. I did this and it works.

On the other hand the disadvantages are that you will not be able to unroll the next GOG GALAXY UPDATE, you will have four parts that will be obsolete: "SHOP"; "SEE THE WISHLIST"; "ORDER HISTORY"; "FRIENDS LIST" which for me gives me an infinite wheel (I do not know if it is due to the deletion of "GalaxyUpdater.exe" for this part though? )

And you will have this message in blue below these four parts:

"GOG GALAXY did not install the most recent update and is now obsolete. To take advantage of the new features and improvements, you must install the latest version manually on www.gog.com/galaxy ".

1) Can someone tell me what these four parts correspond to?

2) And if we can install a game from the application despite these four parts are obsolete?

And in the event viewer of Windows 10 you will have these two errors when you move the file "GalaxyUpdater.exe" to another save file which is :

SideBySide :

1)The creation of the context of activation failed for "F:\GOG GALAXY 2.0\APPLICATION\Maintenance GOG.COM\SAUVEGARDE GalaxyUpdater.exe\GalaxyUpdater.exe". Assembly dépendant LIBCRYPTO-1_1,language="*",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="5e40110203010001",type="win32",ver sion="1.1.1.12" introuvable. Use sxstrace.exe for a detailed diagnosis

2) Activation context creation failed for "C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-294377509-4264774474-1509650877-1000\$RDPTNEA.exe". Assembly dépendant LIBCRYPTO-1_1,language="*",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="5e40110203010001",type="win32",ver sion="1.1.1.12" introuvable. Use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

3) My question is if I put back the file "GalaxyUpdater.exe" in its initial file, do you think that I will have again the "Updates of GOG GALAXY"?
Because for what I read of the two errors I have to uninstall and reinstall the application properly, because it did not save my file, although it is well in the backup file I specify.

4) Despite these two errors mentioned above, do you think that you can install the game "Cyberpunk 2077"? And then play it normally ?

5) And for those who are used to using the GOG GALAXY application, I would like to know what is the update rate of their application?
I explain myself, do they do updates every week or every month, because as explained above knowing the manipulation that I listed I could not the course of the next updates. I also looked on their website for their next update, they are still at 2.0.54 - Beta.

6) Finally, is the current version of GOG GALAXY still 2.0.58.4 - Beta?

7) And if there is a generous soul if it can warn me when the next update will fall and if there is always the error GalaxyClientServices.exe as error in their next Update ? (I will keep informed on the forum in case)

I really apologize for the big text, but I hope someone can help me and answer my questions in exchange for the help I give, if of course someone needs it, after that I don't force anyone to answer me but any help is good to take. And knowing that I will soon be hospitalized I would like to solve this problem before.

Thank you for those who will help me and I will try my best to answer you afterwards. But if I take a long time, please excuse me, it is not intended. Hence all my questions and my pavement.

Good continuation with all and take care of you.

Vargulfr95.

PS: I will put all the screenshots which I made with this handling, on the other hand you will excuse me it is to mark in French I could not make better).
Post edited February 21, 2023 by vargulfr95
Please find the screenshot for the obsolete parts
Post edited February 21, 2023 by vargulfr95
vargulfr95: I) Here is the first solution of the GOG GALAXY support (I will try to synthesize it as well as I can):

It may help to do a clean reinstallation of GOG GALAXY.
You got garbage advice from a clueless support agent. The application has been broken for the past several versions and they can't even be bothered to acknowledge the problem with a reply in this thread.
If you want something that actually works without crashing in the background, downgrade to version 2.0.55.99.
vargulfr95: PS: I will put all the screenshots which I made
It looks like you weren't able to attach any screenshots. The limit is <500 KB per file, and <2 MB per post. If for some reason you need to attach larger files, you'll have to use an image hosting site like Imgur and post the links instead.
Last attempt to upgrade to 2.0.59 failed
Phlaxith: Last attempt to upgrade to 2.0.59 failed
https://cdn.gog.com/open/galaxy/client/2.0.59.41/setup_galaxy_BETA_2.0.59.41.exe
This worked for me. It stopped the crashes finally!
Post edited February 22, 2023 by smuggly
Phlaxith: Last attempt to upgrade to 2.0.59 failed
smuggly: https://cdn.gog.com/open/galaxy/client/2.0.59.41/setup_galaxy_BETA_2.0.59.41.exe
This worked for me. It stopped the crashes finally!
Yes the new beta has worked in that I don't get 15 or more Event Log errors with Client stopped working errors. But I now get a Qt5Network.dll error. So we'll see how it goes in a long term playing session.
There are two threads pertaining to repeat install fails and continuous application crashes after updating to v2.0.58.4. They are at the top of the Galaxy discussion thread. I have yet to see an official post from GOG acknowledging the errors and/or proposing ways to address them. I was able to roll back to an earlier version of Galaxy following user supplied instructions...Instructions I would have expected to have been provided by GOG. And now I find out only after reading posts from users that BETA_2.0.59.41 resolves both issues. I manually installed this version and I can confirm that, for me at least, it does.

Great. Thanks users. If it wasn't for you I would have no idea that the issues had been resolved.

Seriously...what is up with the lack of communication from GOG staff?
Post edited February 23, 2023 by DarWun
Yes I can now confirm the new BETA_2.0.59.41 has completely fixed the this issue for me.

I encourage people who are having these errors download and install the beta...
Fingers crossed. Looks like the new Beta has stopped spamming my Event Viewer.
Roscoe7: Yes I can now confirm the new BETA_2.0.59.41 has completely fixed the this issue for me.

I encourage people who are having these errors download and install the beta...
Yes, works for me. Begs the question, has this application EVER come out of Beta?
How can I install the BETA_2.0.59.41 ?
At the moment I am on 2.0.58.4
grobie: How can I install the BETA_2.0.59.41 ?
1. Click the cogwheel in the top left and choose Settings, then General.
2. Enable "Be the first to try out new features..." then close the window.
3. Click the cogwheel again and choose Check for Updates.