It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FTL: Faster Than Light, Expeditions: Conquistador, Reus, Age of Wonders series, and more games to challenge your wits 50% off!

Even though mainstream media like to present it so, gaming is not all about action, violence, giggles, and occasional cinematic experience. There are many computer games that inspire analytic thinking, attention to detail, and careful planning with their deep and complex gameplay. Strategy games, management games, puzzle games--all of them challenging your brain to work better, faster, and stronger. It's a real [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/thinking_gamers_delight_weekend_promo_230813]Thinking Gamer's Delight! This weekend, we've selected a dozen games that follow this pattern, and discounted them by (5^2)*2 percent! Let's take a look at some of them, shall we?

There's no need to introduce FTL: Faster Than Light, right? Well then, let's focus on a title that hasn't ever been discounted: Expeditions: Conquistador! This charming indie title puts you in command of a small expedition party and presents with gameplay mixing RPG with strategic resource management, turn-based combat, and choose-your-own-adventure elements. Now, for only $9.99!

Expeditions: Conquistador trailer

Reus is a unique environmental puzzle game with charming 2D graphics, amazing complexity, and a strong god-game feeling. You'll be tasked with creating stable and thriving ecosystems by matching various mutually dependent tiles in the much limited space that the surface of your little planet provides. There's a lot of effects to discover and the amount of unlockable features will greatly motivate you to continue playing through gradually more difficult stages.

Discover one of the all-time favorite fantastic strategy epics with Age of Wonders, Age of Wonders 2: The Wizard's Throne, and the most recent title in the series Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic, which offers virtually infinite playtime with its random map generator feature. If you like turn-based strategy games following the time-proven explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate scheme, but you haven't had the chance to play these games, this is a good moment to start, as [url=]Age of Wonders 3 is coming DRM-free to GOG.com[/url]!

If you get tired of thinking and would like to give your gray matter some rest, the promo also includes Overlord + Raising Hell, so you can relax a bit while your minions do most of the hard work spreading mayhem and mischief across the realm.

That's only a few of the games we've selected this weekend. Click through to the promo page to see what other intellectual challenges we have in store for you, at 50% off discount. The Thinking Gamer's Delight promo lasts until Tuesday, August 27, at 3:59AM GMT. Don't miss out!
Post edited August 23, 2013 by G-Doc
ofsaturn: Have you heard about AoW 3? It's scheduled for release early 2014 and the gameplay trailers look pretty fantastic.
I am very much looking forward to AoW 3 :) It will buy it at release day, something I very rarely do. I think the new, more fluid race system looks interesting. And I hope that they will make lots of DLC's with more races and units. I'm pretty sure the game at release day as well will be great value as well.
Tried out AoW 1 last night and AoW 2 this morning. Both good, though AoW 2 seems a lot better from my admittedly brief plays. The interface is much improved, considering how much you have to keep track of, and it is more manageable at high resolutions (the units in AoW 1 don't look quite as distinct at 1920x1080). Anyway, I can certainly recommend AoW 2 to anyone who is looking to get it, especially if in preparation for the AoW 3 release.
Just curious, are there any mods for Reus?
After some thought, I'm going to pass on Expeditions: Conquistador. Given the devs own comments hinting the game has sold poorly, that plans for expansions have been abandoned and that the game is terribly optimized, it seems inevitable that this game end up in a bundle or an 80% off discount sooner than later. I'd rather wait.
I do wish Expeditions was better optimized; those requirements are a bit steep. I'd love to buy it but my machine is not sufficient.
Expeditions: Conquistador interests me, but reading how it is poorly optimized, makes me think I won't be able to run it well enough. I just about meet the minimum specs, except I have a 2.4GHz dual core instead of 2.6.

Anyone actually run the game at the minimum specs? Mine: 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600 GT w/256MB.
Gonchi:
Daw, plans for an expansion abandoned you say?

I seem to have no problems running the game, however, I have read that quite a few people seem to have trouble getting it to move along.
ofsaturn: Have you heard about AoW 3? It's scheduled for release early 2014 and the gameplay trailers look pretty fantastic.
Sargon: I am very much looking forward to AoW 3 :) It will buy it at release day, something I very rarely do. I think the new, more fluid race system looks interesting. And I hope that they will make lots of DLC's with more races and units. I'm pretty sure the game at release day as well will be great value as well.
So you rather have lots of DLCs instead of having all the possible races available in the main release and not pay extra?

I guess gamers have no one to blame but themselves for the milking that goes on.
Gonchi: After some thought, I'm going to pass on Expeditions: Conquistador. Given the devs own comments hinting the game has sold poorly, that plans for expansions have been abandoned and that the game is terribly optimized, it seems inevitable that this game end up in a bundle or an 80% off discount sooner than later. I'd rather wait.
Aw, that's too bad. =( I guess the poor sales numbers are based on the high specs since everybody who's actually played it seems to enjoy the game.
Sargon: I am very much looking forward to AoW 3 :) It will buy it at release day, something I very rarely do. I think the new, more fluid race system looks interesting. And I hope that they will make lots of DLC's with more races and units. I'm pretty sure the game at release day as well will be great value as well.
Lol, you're a brave soul to order on release day! It seems like murky waters for new quality games these days... The last few games I pre-ordered really shattered my faith in the industry. Still, they did push back the release date for AoW 3, hopefully that's an indication that they're taking all the time they need to produce a top-notch product.
Anyway, it's always a pleasure to meet a fan of the series, thanks again for your thoughts!
GalCiv any good?
*whew* Almost forgot to snag Expeditions: Conquistador. That would have been a shame! Got it in the nick of time. :D