It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heheh, actually I carved a special one just for that contest. For the others I had to ask them if it was okay if the second "proof" picture was covered in mold since the carvings weren't recent. I can't enter the first three though since that pumpkin is long gone.
There have been plenty of pumpkins done for this game, but I felt these "characters" never get enough love.
Attachments:
pumpkin34.jpg (127 Kb)
ceemdee: There have been plenty of pumpkins done for this game, but I felt these "characters" never get enough love.

You are taking coloring and precision to new heights, my friend. That is absolutely beautiful. I'm especially impressed with the way you "carved" a laser beam straight out into the air for the picture. Well thought out ;-) Did you blow smoke at it or something to make the beam itself visible? At any rate, it looks incredible.
Wishbone: You are taking coloring and precision to new heights, my friend. That is absolutely beautiful. I'm especially impressed with the way you "carved" a laser beam straight out into the air for the picture. Well thought out ;-) Did you blow smoke at it or something to make the beam itself visible? At any rate, it looks incredible.

I used steam since I wasn't sure if smoke would obscure the image. Plus I take a lot of pictures and didn't want the kitchen to fill up with smoke. :P
Actually I originally forgot about the beam not being visible since I'm used to my green laser pointer which you can see even with the lights on.
That one there, thats every kind of awesome it can be without having naked ladies
Aliasalpha: That one there, thats every kind of awesome it can be without having naked ladies

The phrase "if it had tits and was on fire" springs to mind ;-)
Yeah its certainly on that level
Aliasalpha: That one there, thats every kind of awesome it can be without having naked ladies
Wishbone: The phrase "if it had tits and was on fire" springs to mind ;-)

Hmm, setting the inside of a pumpkin on fire would make a good light source...
Joystiq asked me to send in additional pictures of the carvings because they said there was some concern about the validity of my submissions. Now I'm worried that even if one of them were to become a finalist the people won't vote for it because they might think it's fake.
Well people might think that anyway, when they were on kotaku there was a comment or 2 saying that they're too neat and must be photoshopped...
ceemdee: Though it was just suggested, this is the image I've been wanting to carve the most since I started.
Steps involved:
1) Create high contrast monochrome image
2) Tape image to pumpkin and begin needle tracing
3) Become overwhelmed with nostalgia and leave pumpkin to install game
4) Spend next two hours playing
5) ...eventually finish pumpkin

Wow. Just wow. THAT is awesome.
I put it on my Crusader site. [url=]http://cyberionsystems.com/echosector/index.php[/url]
ceemdee: Joystiq asked me to send in additional pictures of the carvings because they said there was some concern about the validity of my submissions. Now I'm worried that even if one of them were to become a finalist the people won't vote for it because they might think it's fake.

If any of them are still fresh enough, take a short video sequence of it with your cell phone. That should convince them. That'd be pretty damn hard to fake, unless you work for ILM.
Vagabond: Wow. Just wow. THAT is awesome.
I put it on my Crusader site. [url=]http://cyberionsystems.com/echosector/index.php[/url]

Glad you liked it. :) I feel famous now!
Well one of mine made it into the Joystiq finalists, but it doesn't look like it will be a winner. I don't think it's my best one but I had a feeling they would pick it anyway.
I'll show my pumpkins later, but half of our pumpkins froze and they are not good anymore.
You will see that mine are not photoshopped, I don't play in the same league as Ceemdee hehe.
It's the first time I carve a pumpkin this way. Too bad that I goofed up with the eye.
Attachments:
Post edited October 31, 2009 by Cambrey
ceemdee: I would have preferred to use a larger pumpkin for this but apparently it has a been a bad season so I couldn't find any.

I don't care what anyone else says, that one is the best pumpkin evar!