It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Real-Time Strategy redefined!

Divinity: Dragon Commander, an innovative fantasy real-time strategy game spliced with free-flight combat action, in-depth strategic view, and some trading card game mechanics, in which you become a fearsome Dragon Emperor, is available for pre-order 11% off on GOG.com. That's $39.99 until the game's release (planned for June).

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/divinity_dragon_commander][/url]What is Divinity: Dragon Commander? Imagine a giant army rushing into battle. First, the scouts, agile and fast, with their bows always ready. Then the cavalry, blazing on their relentless mounts. Then, the heavy infantry--warriors of all the shapes, sizes, and races with their plate armors sounding with every step like the bells of doom. Right behind them, the battle beasts--horrors bred with one purpose only: destruction. Some of them pulling the ballistas, trebuchets, and other siege machines. Above them, a variety of zeppelins and flying machines ready to spread death from above. And then, suddenly, a great shadow falling over the battlefield. A gigantic winged dragon swooping down at lightning speed, propelled by a jetpack, breathing fire and roaring fiercely. An image sure to strike fear in the hearts of the enemies. You, however, have nothing to fear. This is your army, and you are the Dragon, its commander and Emperor.

Divinity: Dragon Commander will allow the player to experience war from many unique perspectives, thus breathing new life to real-time strategy genre. The idea to put the gamer in the role of a Dragon commanding its people (and elves, and dwarves, and undead, and--well, creatures) into battle and even taking part in the combat directly is original enough to make things interesting. The people who gave you the acclaimed Divinity RPG series decided however, to add a couple more layers to the gameplay. In the game, you'll get to make diplomatic decisions, manage your empire in an epic world-map mode, and even utilize elements of trading card game mechanics. All that and more, coupled with excellent visuals, and many available scenarios (single-player and multi-player alike), has great chances to become a milestone in the evolution of RTS genre.

Don't hesitate--seize your empire now, to rule it with an iron claw soon! Pre-order Divinity: Dragon Commander for only $39.99 on GOG.com! The Divinity universe is about to get even more epic! Make sure you get to witness it from the start.
You lost me at the dragons-with-jetpacks artwork.
I don't know about anybody else, but I think that a jetpack on a dragon is a bit ridiculous, and pretty unnecessary. Isn't that what it's wings are for?
cbean85: I don't know about anybody else, but I think that a jetpack on a dragon is a bit ridiculous, and pretty unnecessary. Isn't that what it's wings are for?
Da red wunz go fasta!
Oh wait, woops, wrong fandom. >.>
cbean85: I don't know about anybody else, but I think that a jetpack on a dragon is a bit ridiculous, and pretty unnecessary. Isn't that what it's wings are for?
The dragons in Dragon Commander need to be able to fly much faster than in Divinity 2, to be able to get around much larger battle areas. Unless you want to invent some reasons dragon knights became inherently slower, there needs to be some form of augmentation to explain them being faster in Dragon Commander. A jetpack fits in with the steampunk / dieselpunk aesthetic of the game, and being part of the technology you are suppose get rid of in the single player storyline, it doesn't require an extra explanation for why it no longer exists for Divinity 2.
Raze_Larian: The dragons in Dragon Commander need to be able to fly much faster than in Divinity 2, to be able to get around much larger battle areas. Unless you want to invent some reasons dragon knights became inherently slower, there needs to be some form of augmentation to explain them being faster in Dragon Commander. A jetpack fits in with the steampunk / dieselpunk aesthetic of the game, and being part of the technology you are suppose get rid of in the single player storyline, it doesn't require an extra explanation for why it no longer exists for Divinity 2.
In all seriousness, I do agree with you that it makes sense to speed up getting point A to point B. Also, figuring the relative strength of a Dragon (in terms of most fantasy fiction WITH dragons) generally have comparative strength and constitution to handle the increased speed and g-force. I am a big fan of most Steampunk/Diesalpunk fiction (both Victorian style as well as other settings) and it's actually quiet a unique idea, relatively speaking, to include such a neat modification to a fantasy creature.

Also one could argue that in story context the jet pack could be also double as an emergency device if the metamorphosis were to fail for any reason and the Dragon Knight doesn't plummet to their death ala Wile E. Coyote. Not necessarily saying that it would be a game mechanic, just another in universe possible explanation as an alternative use. Either way, I am very excited for this game, I normally wait for a 50+% sale for one of the more expensive titles, but with how happy I have been with previous Divinity entries I figured, what the hell. :)
I'm surprised I don't have a Larian brand on my ass from how badly these guys own my wallet. I'll definitely buy both of their games the moment I have the scratch.
Is this game considered a spin-off or canon since it's supposed to take place 8000 years before DD/D2? I really hope it's a spin-off because I just can't take the story behind the game that seriously. You're supposed to be removing technology by building technology? (Quote from the Twitch preview). I mean, why would the goblins help you at all (since they're all about technology (demon technology?)) when you're done you've claimed you'll essentially destroy their society (based around tech).

I understand this is a game and it's not supposed to make that much sense, but they've added features in the game to make the game more believable they've stated (looked at modern politics to get attitudes for the councilors). Also, they're still making role-playing an integral part in the game and it just doesn't make enough sense to me.
Giltonnam: You're supposed to be removing technology by building technology? (Quote from the Twitch preview). I mean, why would the goblins help you at all (since they're all about technology (demon technology?)) when you're done you've claimed you'll essentially destroy their society (based around tech).
Maxos does want you to get rid of the demon based technology, but technically that doesn't have to happen during the game, just at some point that it doesn't show up in the history of the previous Divinity games. You are assuming all imps fully support the demon technology, and can not be motivated by revenge or greed, etc, to work against it. There may also be some imps who believe they understand the technology enough to copy it, and would help someone who offered a way to get out of their end of the deal with the demons.

Do you want a few hundred real world examples of people helping groups that are intent on destroying the society that the helper is part of, or people who are willing to work for, or sell weapons or military secrets to an enemy group/state?
Dragon Commander is canon, look at this timeline in the last Original Sin KS update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/452503
gandalf.nho: Dragon Commander is canon, look at this timeline in the last Original Sin KS update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/452503
Thanks for this :) I didn't see this and it clears up a lot. I didn't know they had lost information about what happened during this era. I thought it was all a retelling of well documented history and not just bits and pieces here and there of what information remained. It makes all the difference to me, now it could be that some of the things could be exaggerated (like what the things could actually do/how sophisticated they were).

I understand Raze_Larian the concept of Traitors and Mercenaires. However, as I stated I thought this was a well-documented event not a most things were lost to time. Not a to-the-point of rumor/legend so there were potentially great exaggerations. No need to insult/be rude, a simple clarification like gandalf.nho showed would have been sufficient.
Giltonnam: No need to insult/be rude, a simple clarification like gandalf.nho showed would have been sufficient.
??? There was no intent to be rude or insulting in what I said. I thought your problem was with the Dragon Commander story itself (ie your question about the imps helping the main character), not with how that story connected to the other Divinity games, so that was what I addressed.

I assume the 'few hundred real world examples' is what you read as rude? You mentioned the game drawing on real world politics to be more believable, but not making sense to you. Since what you brought up about the game not making sense was using technology with a goal of destroying it and technology based imps helping with that, I was trying to emphasize that that was entirely realistic. I thought it would be obvious I wasn't literally offering to type up hundreds of examples, or imply that you were unaware of mercenaries or traitors.
Giltonnam: No need to insult/be rude, a simple clarification like gandalf.nho showed would have been sufficient.
Raze_Larian: ??? There was no intent to be rude or insulting in what I said. I thought your problem was with the Dragon Commander story itself (ie your question about the imps helping the main character), not with how that story connected to the other Divinity games, so that was what I addressed.
I apologize then for any confusion, I meant how it was connected and now how real world realistic it was.
I hope final version will have multilanguage support on gog.com :\
Was watching that very long video presentation and the game looks very very interesting.
Just wondering whether the generals and counselors on the ship change based on playstyle or whether they are he same set of npcs every time.
melkathi: Was watching that very long video presentation and the game looks very very interesting.
Just wondering whether the generals and counselors on the ship change based on playstyle or whether they are he same set of npcs every time.
From what I got from the video is they are the same everytime BUT their conversations will change (topics will vary, etc).