It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yeah, go, GOGfather! Show him who's boss!
Vitek: I also don't think both of your claims were too good. Mrkgnao was in fact very bad and I had him/her (I have no idea anymore) as scum the moment I read it. It was only person to not ful claim and all of it felt bad. It would be probably better to go with vanilla.
I agree my claim was terrible, but I couldn't very well claim vanilla. I didn't know the password phrase.

Actually towards the end of day #2 I was planning to claim town cop (I couldn't believe there would be three cops and I already knew HijacK and I were cops). But I was very busy during the mass claim RL day and by the time I joined, dedo had already claimed, so I moved to my JOAT fallback. Would have been funny if I had time to claim before dedo. I never wanted to claim last.

Good game, town.
Sorry, adalia, I voted on you too early. My bad.

DarkoD13: So
@Krypsyn and mrkgnao

Why do this:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_24_the_not_ending_soon_war/post1739

Why expose yourselves with such a scummy tactic when the chances of a Vitek lynch were pretty good? We would have even avoided the mass claim that bothered Krypsyn so much.
This was not planned, so don't know about Krypsyn, but from my POV, I couldn't very well allow three vanilla to become 100% town confirmed. I had to at least attempt to sow seeds of doubt.
Post edited December 05, 2014 by mrkgnao
adaliabooks: I only really linked it because I thought people might not have known what it was... if I had known it would count against me I wouldn't have (and I won't next time).
Vitek: As I mentioned even back there, the link made it feel like it is something found elsewhere and not like you were paraphrasing you own role from PM and that turned out to be actually true.
Yeah, I can see that.

I had the claim semi-planned (it had been in my head as a back up in case I needed it) but my heart wasn't in it and I didn't invent enough flavour for it.
mrkgnao: Good game, town.
Sorry, adalia, I voted on you too early. My bad.
Don't worry. I think it was the best thing you could do, I was probably going down no matter what and by getting in early you made yourself very firmly town. If things had turned out differently with the claiming I think you would have sailed through because no one really suspected you until the stuff with Darko (but I know you couldn't really have done anything else)

Funny how everyone talked about all the people who might have bussed me, but they never considered that you did :)
Post edited December 05, 2014 by adaliabooks
I was not at all happy about Hijack starting to imply I was a godfather and because of the term medical in his pm about me, that I was some type of Mafia as the Dr has already claimed. I felt there was not much I could do but claim and keep the other pilots alive and a way to communicate with everyone.

I also did think about lying about who is scum as told or hinted to me in the QT but I could not in good conscience as I did not want to have town looking in the wrong direction if I was wrong. and lets be honest. I was a bit lost and going back and forth on who was scum.
TheGOGfather: Correct this or you will feel my wrath!
I like my ending.

Vitek: This was not planned, so don't know about Krypsyn, but from my POV, I couldn't very well allow three vanilla to become 100% town confirmed. I had to at least attempt to sow seeds of doubt.
Pretty much. I think we were damned if we did, or damned if we didn't. If we didn't fight it at all, or at least try to sow some doubt, it would come back to haunt us later. We are two mafia against potentially 3 confirmed town; this is not a good endgame scenario, even if we made it that far.
Yeah, I get that, the timing seems kind of unfortunate though.
What's funny about mrk's theory is that, before he first mentioned it, I had begun constructing a false claim about a role that would include using your ship name to look up a database that would give me the ship's capabilities (verbatim). I would claim that I scanned trent on N1. I went as far as looking for a name for my ship class before deciding that the risk of being protected by the doctor outweighed the benefit of being targeted by the mafia.
I had a good laugh when mrkgnao brought up his theory though. :D

Oh, my PMs:

Hello Cork. you are piloting the Darko, a standard issue Iniurfas Mark II fighterbomber, so you solely rely on your skills to survive this battle.

Cork - TOWN VANILLA
Focused (your ship isn't equipped with any specific device, so you can concentrate on dogfighting)

After being targeted by yog:
During the battle with the Olipsi fighters, a Nisk wingman approaches head to head with you. Before you can identify it, you are blinded by the muzzle flares of its weaponery, striking you heads on. You lift your arm in a futile reflex of protection, and, for a moment, wonder if it did actually protect you. Apparently, your ship's armour has only been barely scratched by the projectiles used. As the squadron reforms, you bless your luck.

EDIT: Also, my first forum mafia win!
Post edited December 05, 2014 by DarkoD13
Good god, just made it all the way through Sage's QT. A better read than I could have hoped, but what a slog. :)

It's very interesting to read the ongoing critique of my own game, as this was my first time ever playing Mafia in any format. It seems like I did almost exactly what I set out to do - play 55% town, avoid ever coming under serious consideration for either lynch or nightkill.

I'd be open to some construction criticism from others. I'll only ask this game, since it's my first one, but if anyone thinks I had any flagrant misplays given my alignment and role, I'm open to the advice. (Other than switching my vote away from Krypsyn on Day 2, that was obvious.) Overall, I'm very pleased I ID'd adalia (or "books" as I now think of him after that QT!) on day 1, exactly as I detailed during the game.

Day 2 - I'll let you in on a secret. After I basically cleared my initial #1 suspect (trent), I decided to go after HijacK with full guns blazing... for the pure, sweet hell of it. Having been very familiar with the last two games and associated observer threads, I thought that if anything would test my ability to withstand the more abrasive aspects of the game, it would be to barrel into HijacK full speed with relatively flimsy arguments and see what happened. I am 100% aware that my early-day 2 reasoning against him was largely laughable bullshit, lol. Later on, when he started the whole "let's lynch CSPVG because he's a power role and see what happens" I actually started to become convinced he was scum. And then he went into his usual downward death spiral of vitriol, and even though I feel I very correctly pegged Krypsyn in repeated posts (oh yeah, tootin my own horn with my analysis of his analysis, lol) I got caught up in wanting to look right all along and switched my vote.

Day 3 was too obvious for all involved. HijacK flips town; Krypsyn had to go.

Day 4 I was going to post all this honkey mojo about how Vitek or mrk had to be the next scum, but dedo pre-empted it. mrk's actual role as role cop makes more sense now. You'll note that I said in the game that from a balance perspective, the scrambler HAD to be on the opposite side of two investigative roles, and this proved correct.

I started to con on to mrk from two things: His nearly-identical posts in regards to HijacK in this and the wolf games, and his overall... detached and slightly directive, almost moderator, stance... that several other players started to notice as well.

Overall, again great great fun (except for my obvious impatience, get used to it), thanks again, and as I say - I'm open to critique. See you on the flubside!
yogsloth: <snip>
I think you played really well. You had me bang to rights no problem.

Without rereading the whole thread or quick topic (which I have no time or inclination to do) the only criticism I'd level is you tended to post quite long winded posts and somewhat outlandish theories, which I think sometimes confused issues. That's just from what I remember, so it may not be accurate (look, just like how I played!).
yogsloth: ...
1) Next time SHOOT ZE VITEK! Seriously he was a liability.
2) You ended up being the only townie in a very scummy pile-on. I don't know what you were doing there.

I thought you were good overall. I had you as town for the biggest part of the game, but you kind of destroyed my townlist towards the end and I was beginning to believe you were the 4rth scum.
Krypsyn: I like my ending.
Wrath of GOGFather.
DarkoD13: 1) Next time SHOOT ZE VITEK! Seriously he was a liability.
This.

First night after my claim I wished you will spare me because I hoped I can contribute by catching someone in lie about visit but there was no reason not to erase my ability instead of targeting vanillas.
I felt pretty strongly that deviating from my stated plan to "do no harm" would appear too scummy. Why state I would only shoot vanillas, and then immediately change my mind? I thought that if I simply did exactly what I stated, even if you disagreed with my strategy, nobody would find it scummy and confuse the waters further. I hear what you guys are saying though, thank you.
yogsloth: I felt pretty strongly that deviating from my stated plan to "do no harm" would appear too scummy. Why state I would only shoot vanillas, and then immediately change my mind? I thought that if I simply did exactly what I stated, even if you disagreed with my strategy, nobody would find it scummy and confuse the waters further. I hear what you guys are saying though, thank you.
I think you played really good. And as you can see from the QT you had me confused for most of the game.

Also bravo for reading the whole thing. I used it as a type of word doc for my thoughts and than as the game slowed it moved more towards conversations about everything. lol.
I just got back from "Lord of the rings in concert" to more content than we had for the last three weeks :D

Good game, Town! Good game, Sage! I'm glad you managed to get your own victory by helping us with ours :)
Mafia, you did good, but had too much bad luck and sometimes this is enough to bring you down.
So is there any interest in a sign up thread for another game.

I have a game ready and vetted if there are enough players.