It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
Missed Star Control and Spelunky in this sale, damn. :/
flanner: 1000 points question for all:

have you ever bought any game for normal (full) price? :-)
Marci87: nah everything I have on GoG is eater from Fall Insomnia Sale or Weekend Promo or the latest Time Machine Sale. :-)
Huh? Really? OK then.
Attachments:
sorry all - i meant full priced gog games and that should been pointed out
Post edited January 31, 2014 by flanner
Marci87: nah everything I have on GoG is eater from Fall Insomnia Sale or Weekend Promo or the latest Time Machine Sale. :-)
Sanjuro: Huh? Really? OK then.
jup but well what can I say I'm here just since November and my collection is't much. Frankly I just tripled it during this sale ;-)

My collection

SPELUNKY
SERIOUS SAM: THE FIRST ENCOUNTER
UNEPIC
AMNESIA: THE DARK DESCENT
DEUS EX™ GOTY EDITION
TORCHLIGHT
SAM & MAX SAVE THE WORLD
MIGHT AND MAGIC® 6-PACK: LIMITED EDITION
SYSTEM SHOCK™ 2
AGE OF WONDERS: SHADOW MAGIC
HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC® 5: BUNDLE
SYBERIA

have you ever bought any gog game for normal (full) price? :-)
I have to confess that most games that I'm buying are sales prices, because some normal prices are IMHO too high and I don't like that game THAT much. But some games did I buy for full price.
Hey GOG,
Could you please allow a another sale for all those games
as a pack, in favor of the ones who couldn't stay in front of
the computer a whole day?

Thanks
O_o Wow, that was it? That seemed rather short...

If you don't count the10% release discounts: Yes! Just a couple of days ago I bought Blackguards, for $40,49.

real.geizterfahr: If you don't count the10% release discounts: Yes! Just a couple of days ago I bought Blackguards, for $40,49.
it seams it may be my first one bought for full price if it still isn't on sale after I finish with just bought games ^_^
Pretty fun sale.
Just got back on line to see what the last three were.
Looks like at least two of those if not all three would have been fun to play.
And that is why check GOG every day that I can!
At least I managed to get a few games during the sale. :)
Loved the idea of celebrating each year, but hated the needing to check GOG every hour / two. I gave up looking.
Maybe they can go back in time and set the sale up were everyone has access to each "year" at the same time.
Let us jump around thru time and go to the "years" we want. If no one is going to a "year" the time portal to that year could be closed.
That way we could spend less time waiting to travel thru time...and we would get to the "years" we wanted on time...and the sale would be a really good time!
Heh, the sale was real fun. That's some way to celebrate Chinese New Year (here in Russia we celebrate pretty much anything; it's all about being in the mood, if we are, there's never a problem with finding a reason for celebration).
I was up to see all the titles go by (how did I manage that? Deus Ex, man!) and even grabbed Gothic, a real masterpiece, I must say. Oh, and I got a whole bunch of new tunes for my alarm clock for a laughable $0.59... I mean, I grabbed Serious Sam too.
I also purchased my first gift (the two Fallout codes I managed to give away the previous year don't really count as they cost me nothing except a dozen seconds of my time) and saw the spirit of Insomnia live on with all the Keane puns, the gifting sprees and the "damn I missed THAT game 'cause I had to sleep" comments.

Now it's "Oscar ceremony style speech" time.
JudasIscariot, thanks again for the Yojimbo reference my profile now proudly bears!
foxworks, I saw what you did here... serial gifter. :-D Keep being awesome, ye hear?
ne_zavarj, sorry to have disturbed, I'm not very fluent in Hungarian so I didn't get the message until it was too late. I hope you'll forgive my ignorance though. :-)
IAmSinistar, the honorable Keeper of the List, you did a great job, man. Your thread served as a bright beacon to many a surfer of this promo.
Got Wizardy - YAY!
Crusader:No Remorse - Looks sweet

And

Amensia: The Dark Descent

while missing out on

Prince of Persia:SOT and Gothic.
Sanjuro: snip
Very well stated, and I heartily concur. I would like to take this chance to again thank mondo84, onyxmonkey, and uchristensen for their valuable assistance in keeping the sales list complete and timely. Truly GOG has one of the best communities around.

Fun stuff, hope to see you all in the next Big Event!