It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's do the time warp again*!

Welcome to our [url=http://www.gog.com]DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a fascinating ride to the early days of PC gaming and back again, with 30 excellent titles selected from the years 1983-2013, available up to 90% off (that is for as little as $0.59!). You'll find amazing games in amazing prices featured one by one on GOG.com main page, and before the sale is done you'll be able to complete your very own display of gaming history on a budget below $65 (because this would be the cost to get every single game in the sale). Are you ready?

<iframe width="590" height="322" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_uC01QztBg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's more than just buying games incredibly cheap to our DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! We're ready to pass its steering wheel (or rather the control console) to YOU. Each game in the sale is offered for a limited time only, and how long we stay in its year is up to you! Each time you see a new game on sale you can vote to either add or subtract 1 second from the timer. Each time you buy a game, you add 3 seconds to the time of it being on sale. We begin with 1983's Zork, bundled with the rest of the Zork Anthology of 6 games in total, for only $1.79. How long will it last on the front page? You'll be the judge. What comes next, as the game of 1984? Let's find out!

Let's take a trip in GOG.com's DRM-Free Time Machine Sale! 30 great games from 1983-2013 will be available up to 90% off, and you get to decide how long each game is on sale. Ready? The technomagical gateway to 1983 opens NOW!

* "Again?", you might ask, "when did they ever do the time warp?". Well, once you embark on a journey through time, all becomes relevant and there's absolutely no guarantee that what you are doing, you are doing for the first time. In fact, that's highly improbable. After all, time isn't linear. It's more like a giant wobbly-bobbly goggy-boggy ball of gaming awesome!
Post edited January 28, 2014 by G-Doc
zaine-h: How long as The WItcher been up?
1:53
mkdfan: Also what is this "Keane" people keep replacing words with? I think I'm missing an inside joke.
Yes, you are... :p
RPGRenon: Deus ex and the Witcher EE.. for 2 us dollars Feels like i'm stealing from the companies :)
Nah, i got both the Witcher 1 + 2 EE for free - now that feels like stealing from companies. :D
Hmm seems to be slowing down.. A pity the Gothic deal was in the middle of the night for me so I missed that since it wasn't a part of the Nordic promo :(

Oh well, I'll just wait a tad longer to start the series. Not that the winter promos left me with a ton of new games to play :D

Witcher 2 is probably the newest game on my wish list that could appear here, since I've got most indie games from humble bundle or here. Still I doubt it'll be one of the few games left..
The last deal I saw before I had to go to sleep was Thief 3 for 2004, now were at 2008. So what did I miss?
I dislike this promo, it pretty much guarantees that if you're not up all night and on the computer all day that you'll miss something. Some folks don't have the option of logging in every 15 minutes in case there's a new game on.

I made the mistake of sleeping in until nearly 8 on the first day and there hasn't been a single thing that I've wanted, except the one I slept through.
smdy help me please.

I only get 403 errors from all the Time-Machine-Sales I bought so far.

403 Errors on all additional content.

Any help , any suggestion ?

cheers
CoYotE
theslitherydeee: The last deal I saw before I had to go to sleep was Thief 3 for 2004, now were at 2008. So what did I miss?
You missed a few. Here is the list up to 2008:

2005: FlatOut - $1.19 (80% off) [1:24]
2006: Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Bundle - $4.99 (75% off) [1:31]
2007: Sam & Max Save the World - $2.99 (90% off) [1:48]
2008: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - $1.99 (80% off)

I wanted to buy FlatOut and didn't get to buy it either. Still I bought The Witcher! Very excited to start that one.
calender itself worth it
I'm annoyed I missed the Tomb Raider deal the night before. I hate it when they encourage you to die staying up to try for the deals you want. I understand we have a ton of different time zones to consider but still there should be a better way of going about this.
mkdfan: I set my alarm last night to go off every 90 mins so I didn't miss any deals. Only missed Cannon Fodder the previous night.

Also what is this "Keane" people keep replacing words with? I think I'm missing an inside joke.
There was a Jack Keane insomnia sale that pissed a lot of people off. So now they use it like a verb.
Post edited January 30, 2014 by theslitherydeee
i read that witcher is, unlike skyrim, very linear and possibilities of free acting are limited and not entertaining.

do someone of you know if is it right? im not used to play main lines :-)
theslitherydeee: There was a Jack Keane insomnia sale that pissed a lot of people off. So now they use it like a verb.
And abuse it any other way they can. ;)
With all this talk of time machines going on, I wouldn't be surprised if the Back to the Future game will be featured for the year 2010. ;-)
Yeah, i think Tomb Raider is the one I am sad about the most.
Overall though I am glad to see GOG doing another great sale!
Thanks GOG!
flanner: i read that witcher is, unlike skyrim, very linear and possibilities of free acting are limited and not entertaining.

do someone of you know if is it right? im not used to play main lines :-)
It's definitely not an open world, but saying NOT ENTERTAINING is ridiculous. The story and characters are superb. I also loved the fighting mechanism which you had to time (although lots of *ahem* kids complained about it being too complicated and they changed it in the 2nd Witcher).

But anyways, that game is what you can truly call a great adventure. In the sense of reading a great book and enjoying it. It's worth it so much and at this price, you have to be mad not to give it a try.