It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All-new Witcher 3 gameplay trailer, pre-orders launch; GOG.com unveils GOG Galaxy, the DRM-Free Online Gaming platform!

All-new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gameplay footage, pre-order details, and a look at the exclusive content of the collector's edition. GOG.com unveils its upcoming new project taking a next step in the DRM-Free gaming revolution. All that and more in the CD Projekt RED & GOG.com Summer Conference. Watch it right here!
Post edited June 04, 2014 by G-Doc
saberwolfxm: I'm not an online player either, but I like the achievements. The one thing I don't get is why you have to be online to unlock them? With Xbox 360 ( and what I remember from ps3) you don't have to be online to unlock them. So what happens if your internet has connection issues ? Do have to replay that part of the game or just chalk it up as a loss? This is a question for Gog.
I don't think you have to. In the video they said you have to be online if you want to share achievements.
Piranjade: *chants*
T-Shirts!
T-Shirts!
I want GOG t-shirts!
Karboxyd: Same here !
Same here, or other goodies.
skeletonbow: That's a totally awesome Atari 2600 compatible trailer! LOL I'll have to watch that movie, hopefully there is an English dub of it though. Still, I think a modern Hollywood trilogy would be suitable. Directed by Peter Jackson or Sam Raimi preferably!
There was a crappy movie and super-crappy TV series following. Most Witcher fans, myself included, took it as an insult. Nobody else knew what it's all about (the plot was pretty butchered).
I don't think anybody is crazy enough to release it outside of Poland. Hell, I got it for free when CDP's Polish online shop was launching movie section.
No classic game announcements, damn. I am interested in trying out Galaxy and The Witcher card game however, and the preorder discounts for The Witcher 3 are nice.

I wonder if gog can implement Galaxy achievements for classic games as well? Another question, will Galaxy work with our current installer versions and currently installed games, or would we have redownload all of our games (again, *grumble*) through Galaxy?
Novotnus: There was a crappy movie and super-crappy TV series following. Most Witcher fans, myself included, took it as an insult. Nobody else knew what it's all about (the plot was pretty butchered).
I don't think anybody is crazy enough to release it outside of Poland. Hell, I got it for free when CDP's Polish online shop was launching movie section.
You're wrong, the shitty Witcher movie was released in Germany. I saw it a few years ago, it's trash in it's purest form. :D
saberwolfxm: I'm not an online player either, but I like the achievements. The one thing I don't get is why you have to be online to unlock them? With Xbox 360 ( and what I remember from ps3) you don't have to be online to unlock them. So what happens if your internet has connection issues ? Do have to replay that part of the game or just chalk it up as a loss? This is a question for Gog.
Fesin: I don't think you have to. In the video they said you have to be online if you want to share achievements.
Your right, I went back and watched it again and it did say "share". My mistake.
Impaler26: You're wrong, the shitty Witcher movie was released in Germany. I saw it a few years ago, it's trash in it's purest form. :D
As a Pole all I can say is... well, sorry you had to go through this :)
Piranjade: *chants*
T-Shirts!
T-Shirts!
I want GOG t-shirts!
+1

gog tie-dye T-Shirts i can make
K_1269: Quick question for the blues.

Went to the Witcher 3 preorder page and saw this in the FAQ:

"Will the content of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt differ between regions based on the age ratings?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt doesn't have its official age ratings yet, as the game is still in production. The official age ratings will be annouced closer to the launch in February 2015"

Does that mean I could end up with a cut, german only version of the Witcher3 if I preorder it from you?
WildHobgoblin: This I am also very interested in... I would be rather unhappy if I had to put up with some silly censorship crap.

Other than that I'm pretty hyped now! Digital or retail is the big question, but since the price for the CE in Germany doesn't even seem to be announced yet I guess I'll give it a couple of days...
The same discussion came up before Witcher 2 was released if I remember correctly. So far the GOG versions I got always were untouched and not plagued by any silly censorship crap. My expectation if I buy from GOG is that I get the full (english) version without any "based-on-my-location..." madness.

But I have confidence in the guys from GOG. And the Witcher 3 looks awesome!
Though not a mulitplayer myself, I must say that the announcement of GOG Galaxy sounds like something big for DRM-free PC gaming.
Looking forward to more details and seeing it in action.

Not a fan of clients either, but I'm curious to see how the GOG Galaxy client will work.
Finally a bold company to make the true cross- play, no borders between us anymore, THANK YOU GOG, for me you guys are the GODS of gaming today!
Vainamoinen: For the love of all that is sacred in PC gaming please don't let the announcement be Early Access. :(
why not?? As long as it's made clear, I don't see the problem. Furthermore, it's not like AAA releases are not early access in all but name nowadays...
Post edited June 05, 2014 by Tychoxi
akeiler: The same discussion came up before Witcher 2 was released if I remember correctly. So far the GOG versions I got always were untouched and not plagued by any silly censorship crap. My expectation if I buy from GOG is that I get the full (english) version without any "based-on-my-location..." madness.

But I have confidence in the guys from GOG. And the Witcher 3 looks awesome!
Ah, thanks, I guess I just need to have a little faith. It's exactly this "based on location" aspect that I find so pointless.
And yes, it does look great :) Well, since it will be released in 2015 I have plenty of time to save up for a PC that will actually be able to run it...
CeeKay: you can. just right click on the game icon in the downloader, and it should give you the option to remove the game.
Wow, I never even knew that was possible. Not sure how I've missed that. Thanks!
yyahoo: That explains why they're removing Original War too?
skeletonbow: I'm not familiar with Original War, never heard of it. You could always call the game studio's 1-800 number and ask them though to avoid speculation.
I have no speculation other than Bohemia is taking their toys and going to play with someone else.

My only suggestion was that the issue with Arma and multiplayer support couldn't have anything to do with why they are being removed from GOG because then at least they would have kept Original War here. Bohemia has other reasons for their actions.