It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 700+ games discounted up to 90% off, daily special Bundle Deals, a constant stream of exciting Flash Sales, and some fantastic surprise giveaways, we launch into the season of gaming joy!

The biggest celebration of DRM-Free gaming this season is right now, right here on GOG.com! It's warm and nice outside, the summer draws ever closer, so let's make sure it's full of fantastic games. There's no one good way to spend your summer, but we know well that gaming can make every single one of them better. So, whether you plan to stay inside, hike into the wilderness, or take a boat into the calm sea, we'll make sure your laptop is filled with great DRM-Free games you can enjoy anytime, anywhere. To that end, we're holding our [url=http://www.gog.com]2014 DRM-Free Summer Sale!

Each day we'll present you with at least two special Bundle Deals with a selection of of great classics and indies available up to 90% off! As usual, you'll be able to buy just selected titles out of the bundle with a slightly lower discount, or complete your collection with just the ones you're missing, retaining the higher discount rate. Let's take a look at our offers for today, shall we?

Today, we seriously mix things up to bring you both lighthearted comedy as well as dark and morbid horror. The Legacy of Kain Saga is the Full House of gaming with its family themes and colorful presentation. Across four episodes ironically titled Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2, and Defiance the series explores the relation between Kain, a authoritative father with obvious god complex, and Raziel, his rebellious son with questionable fashion sense. The story also includes many of their relatives from extended family, that cannot help but to make a mess in their imaginary homeland called Nosgoth. Hilarity ensues! All this cheerful moments for only $5.96 (that's 75% off!). The other of our offers today, is bound to chill the blood in your veins with its terrifying setting alone. The Deponia Complete Trilogy takes place on a distant planet. A planet, that long ago must have been not so different from our own Earth. Yet now, it is a grim and dark place that suffered a tragic environmental disaster. The surface of the planet is now completely covered with waste. Toxic rain flushes the pollution deep into the ground, poisoning it and making the land barren. Way above, there's the remaining enclave of civilization, housing the remnant of the human race. Now imagine one of them, a defenseless girl, falls down to the toxic junkyard below. Even though she doesn't die instantly poisoned with every imaginable toxin, her future looks grim. The wasteland is filled with danger, and soon she'll find out that she is not alone among the towering piles of garbage. What strange mutated monsters could have survived in such conditions? And what do they eat? The horror! All the thrills for just $11.97 (that's 80% off!). There you have it, a mix of laughter and cries of despair to fill your weekend with gripping gaming. Or did we overdo the mixing?

On top of that, almost all of our catalog has been discounted by up to 50%. On top of that, our front page is overflowing with excellent Flash Sales on single games. You can grab them up to 90% as well, but don't take to long, as they come and go pretty fast! Why don't you head out to GOG.com front page, and see what's happening right NOW!
Piranjade: Hey Piranjade,
your order was completed successfully. :)
New games added to your account:
King’s Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY 2.2 GB

GAH! I really hope that's it for me in this sale because I really cannot afford any more games!
trentonlf: The Evil GoG overlords look down on you and smile as they say "You will buy more my child"
*covers ears* I'm not listening to your evil whispers!
does anybody know if the d&d bundle will come back again. I missed Baludrs gate and baldurs gate 2 I have been waiting a long time for those games to go on sale.
Sadeness: does anybody know if the d&d bundle will come back again. I missed Baludrs gate and baldurs gate 2 I have been waiting a long time for those games to go on sale.
yeah same here
Sadeness: does anybody know if the d&d bundle will come back again. I missed Baludrs gate and baldurs gate 2 I have been waiting a long time for those games to go on sale.
They usually repeat the bundle sales, so it will probably come back before the end of the sale.
I fear the bundles are one day only, sorry!
The_Blog: yeah same here
Not sure if the bundle will be back, but they are still on sale for 50% off normal price
haydenaurion: They usually repeat the bundle sales, so it will probably come back before the end of the sale.
Post edited June 15, 2014 by trentonlf
PSA: DROD is awesome and you should buy it.
sorry haydenaurion didn't mean to reply to your post lol
Usually all the bundles come back on the last day of the sale for one big last push :)
trentonlf: sorry haydenaurion didn't mean to reply to your post lol
Lol, no prob, i've accidentally down voted a post before.
Matruchus: Usually all the bundles come back on the last day of the sale for one big last push :)
yeah thats right.

Was Deadly Premonition or Spellforce 2: Demons of the Past in a bundle?
Or in a flash sale?
Cause I'm very interested in these 2.
Post edited June 15, 2014 by The_Blog
Currently tempted for the Nth time by Driftmoon, Hammerwatch, Drod.. dammit!
IronArcturus: Yeah, I don't understand that at all. Doesn't GOG want people to buy multiple things at once? I wish they would fix this.
IronArcturus: I would prefer to buy the things in just one transaction. I'm sure many other people on GOG would like to do the same thing too. I just don't understand why it won't allow people to combine bundles with the flash sale games.
Whenever puzzled about this sort of thing it helps to try to turn the problem around and hypothesize about it from the other side's perspective. I'm not sure specifically what their official reason is but from a software coding perspective it would be easier to write a shopping cart that you can just dump stuff into all day and then hit checkout when you're ready. So you have to go out of your way to purposefully write it to work the way it is now. Nobody would do that in order to purposefully inconvenience a customer or to avoid getting more sales, so the only thing that makes any sense is that there must be good technical reasons for doing so even if they're not documented anywhere. It's not really the sort of thing a company is likely to document or feel the need to explain to people because they have to make all kinds of technical decisions and explaining your rationale for every decision you make just opens things up for debate and people asking even more questions in my experience. You just encounter a technical problem and then solve it and move on.

What problem could they be solving? I don't know what specific problem they were aiming to solve but I can make some educated guesses. I can imagine enough customers out there adding 8 bundles to their cart then purchasing it and being told "you own some of these games and must make them a gift order" and being forced to make a gift order of 50 games all on one single gift code. Maybe they intended to buy some games for themselves and some games for others as gifts. To implement that functionality in a web UI would take a lot of effort and result in a much more complex user interface, one that I could use and many of you could also use but which would send some users into a frenzy because it isn't one-button simple. Anything other than extremely simple in this type of thing translates to tech support overload and increased costs of hiring a bigger tech support department so that you have humans that will be there for customers who need to break up their 50 game order into multiple keys after purchase while screaming at you for example. Those costs ultimately get transferred into the product prices everyone else pays.

Another problem, is "why can't I add something to my cart while the promo is on but pay for it when I'm done"? That's easily answered as then people can game the system and pre-put things in their cart and sit and hold it there forever at that locked in price. If it is a promo with limited number of units the system will temporarily hold one unit in your name until you purchase it much like buying an airplane ticket. If you don't buy it in that timeframe it is made available to someone else potentially. Another problem is that the Internet is unreliable randomly. Manually adding games for 3 hours to your cart and having an Internet outage without a completed transaction could mean you come back to an empty cart and the promos are no longer active and you miss out. "Save the cart in a cookie for later" -- then people could put all kinds of things in their cart they are free to cancel later, and hold onto it forever more or less. Think "Hey, I gotta go to bed, can someone put Frizbozz in their cart and hold it for tomorrow and if I don't get a copy I'll let you know so you can erase your cart". People like to "beat the system", we of all people know because we see it happen every day in here. A company needs to think their software systems through carefully to be very easy to use for even the least savvy customers, and cause the company the least problems and tech support/manpower overhead during and after the sale.

So I'd say that it's the way it is because it solves real world problems they've experienced in the past in a way that reduced the amount of technical problems customers ended up needing humans at GOG to solve, lowering overhead and translating that to lower prices for everyone.

These are just a couple of hypothetical examples I come up with and not based on anything anyone from GOG has stated. There are many other hypothetical situations one could come up with that all more or less fall into the "keep it simple, and prevent people from abusing the shopping cart system and the way promotions are intended to work".

The problem is, we only see how it affects us and what we think would be nice to have, but rarely do us folks on the outside try to think about why things might be the way they are from a technical perspective on the inside, and honestly many people probably couldn't unless they had experience writing software or dealing with these things themselves on the inside of some company. I'm a software developer myself so I can hypothesize up a shitstorm of logical possibilities. :) Plus, I think GOG is a good and smart business that has the customer's interests at heart and does things pro-consumer, so if something is annoying or we can't understand why they do something some way, there's either a good technical reason for it, or it could even just be an inadvertent shortcoming that they can look at improving in the future.

I'm willing to bet they are preventing abuse of the system and keeping things as close to one-click simple as possible with the experience of seeing how thousands of people actually buy things for real that we never get to see on the outside, and solving the problems that arise from that that we can only guesstimate about.

Just some rambling thoughts... :)
phaolo: Currently tempted for the Nth time by Driftmoon, Hammerwatch, Drod.. dammit!
Driftmoon is well worth it :)
Maxvorstadt: Why don`t you buy one after the other? First the flash, then the bundle. It`s not as if the bundle would run away, you know?
If you put flash sale games in your cart, then a bundle, that is an oddity... The bundle addition causes you to go straight to the shopping cart, but anything that was already in the cart is not there, just the bundle is there. Going back to the main page and then to the cart again and your flash games are in the cart and the bundle is gone. So you can add more than one flash game to the cart, or other individual games, but the bundles must be bought individually as one transaction immediately even if something is in your cart already (I just tried it).