It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The anticipation for Baldur’s Gate 3 is through the roof, as in a just a week from now, on August 3rd, the game will leave early access and be available in its full glory on GOG!

And that excitement, with Larian Studios at the helm, is well-founded. We wholeheartedly believe that with their exceptional track record, commitment to player feedback, and unwavering pursuit of innovation, they will deliver an unforgettable RPG experience in Baldur’s Gate 3. Today, we want to delve deeper into those three main reasons why we think so.

Legacy of amazing RPGs

Larian Studios' Divinity: Original Sin series stands as a testament to the studio's ability to craft immersive and captivating RPGs. In these games, everyone who played them were immersed in rich, interactive worlds brimming with lore, intriguing characters, and impactful decisions. Larian's storytelling prowess, supported by compelling dialogue and narrative arcs, drew players into its virtual realms, making them feel like an integral part of the unfolding story.

The series also highlighted Larian Studios' dedication to offering players the freedom to shape their own destinies. The extensive branching paths, choices with significant consequences, and non-linear exploration were all hallmarks of the series. As they venture into the iconic world of Baldur's Gate, Larian Studios is well-positioned to deliver a captivating narrative that reacts organically to players' decisions, ensuring an incredible RPG experience that stays true to the franchise's legacy and sets a new standard for the genre.

Commitment to community’s feedback

Larian Studios' relationship with its player community has been exemplary. Throughout the development of their previous games, the studio actively sought and valued player feedback, consistently engaging with the community. This open dialogue allowed them to address concerns, gather invaluable insights, and fine-tune their games for maximum enjoyment.

The studio's receptiveness to player input and willingness to implement meaningful changes based on feedback is reassuring for those eagerly awaiting Baldur’s Gate 3. The community's voice likely played a pivotal role in shaping the final product, ensuring that it resonates with the expectations and desires of long-time Baldur's Gate fans while welcoming new players to the franchise.

Innovation and technical expertise

Innovation has been at the core of Larian Studios' approach to game development. The Divinity: Original Sin series introduced groundbreaking features that elevated the RPG genre. Cooperative multiplayer allowed players to enjoy the adventure with friends, promoting dynamic and unique playthroughs. Interactive environments encouraged experimentation, as players discovered creative solutions to challenges using the environment itself.

Larian's Divinity Engine 2 showcased the studio's technical prowess, enabling players to craft their own adventures and mods with ease. This commitment to empowering players with creative tools is likely to carry over to Baldur’s Gate 3, and with their new Divinity 4.0 engine we can only imagine how stunning the graphics and how great the gameplay mechanics will be.

Of course those three reasons are amongst many others that assure us we will spend hundreds of hours in Baldur’s Gate 3 and enjoy every single moment of it. Larian Studios' ability to deliver an exceptional RPG experience is overwhelming and their passion for craft makes them the perfect developer to continue the legacy of the legendary series.

The wait is almost over – mark your calendars for August 3rd!
Disco Cactuar: What a narcissistic worldview. People don't lose value because they disagree with you. Love how all the BG3 forums have been blowing up with complaints btw.
StingingVelvet: Good lord you read things very strangely. I didn't mean you as a human being have no value, I meant your market preference has no value to Larian because they're doing just fine without you.
Yep, pretty much, the few ppl like me who don t buy BG 3 right away will not count.
Was pretty much the same with Hogwarts Legacy although i would argue with that game
it was a massive Streisand Effect at work.

I fear though... the trouble will hit LARIAN later on, just as the trouble did hit JKR once she
started saying "NO" to internet weirdos.

But time will tell.
Post edited August 08, 2023 by GHOSTMD
Breja: It just occured to me... could you kill a Druid morphed into a bear and then cast Animate Dead on him (or her) and have sex with an undead bear and make it both bestiality and necrophilia at the same time (but it's totally ok because it's not a bear but a druid and not dead but undead)?

...What? Larian started it.
I love how because it's an RPG, murder is not even considered as one of the immoral things :)
Breja: It just occured to me... could you kill a Druid morphed into a bear and then cast Animate Dead on him (or her) and have sex with an undead bear and make it both bestiality and necrophilia at the same time (but it's totally ok because it's not a bear but a druid and not dead but undead)?

...What? Larian started it.
lupineshadow: I love how because it's an RPG, murder is not even considered as one of the immoral things :)
Hey, we're talking about a world where I could just pay a cleric to resurrect my druidic ursine paramour once we're done with the kinky stuff, so there's no harm done :D
dtgreene: (Also, what about FF7's battle mechanics can't you get your head around?)
It's supposed to be turn based but you don't have time to take your turn otherwise you'll get attacked. I assume then since it's this Baldur's Gate is more like Shining Force that it's a strategy RPG on a grid?
dtgreene: (Also, what about FF7's battle mechanics can't you get your head around?)
pferreira1983: It's supposed to be turn based but you don't have time to take your turn otherwise you'll get attacked. I assume then since it's this Baldur's Gate is more like Shining Force that it's a strategy RPG on a grid?
I find FF4-FF9 ATB (all those games use variations on the same system, with some minor differences like whether time pauses during animations) to be a lot easier to follow than BG1/BG2 style real-time-with-pause.

My understanding is that BG3 is like a strategy RPG with tactical combat, but I don't know if there's actually a grid. (Temple of Elemental Evil, for example, does not use a grid.)

lupineshadow: I love how because it's an RPG, murder is not even considered as one of the immoral things :)
Breja: Hey, we're talking about a world where I could just pay a cleric to resurrect my druidic ursine paramour once we're done with the kinky stuff, so there's no harm done :D
Or a Bard.

Bards get Raise Dead in 5e, it appears, and then there's the Magical Secrets, which can give Bards spells not normally on their spell list.
Post edited August 06, 2023 by dtgreene
pferreira1983: It's supposed to be turn based but you don't have time to take your turn otherwise you'll get attacked. I assume then since it's this Baldur's Gate is more like Shining Force that it's a strategy RPG on a grid?
dtgreene: I find FF4-FF9 ATB (all those games use variations on the same system, with some minor differences like whether time pauses during animations) to be a lot easier to follow than BG1/BG2 style real-time-with-pause.

My understanding is that BG3 is like a strategy RPG with tactical combat, but I don't know if there's actually a grid. (Temple of Elemental Evil, for example, does not use a grid.
Thanks for clarifying. I don't get on well with the typical style of RPGs like Final Fantasy. I find tactical strategy RPGs a lot easier. I mean I'm rubbish at dungeon crawlers but still enjoy the genre.